+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on guys opening the door for you?

Chivalry wasn't that great to begin with: it originated with knights going on crusades to massacre Muslims....but BESIDES THAT, I am in favor this "chivalry" in its modern incarnation.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

lalalita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaCooln View Post
    I'm a bit old school. I open doors, open the car door, pull out the chair, carry the heavy stuff, and pay for the date. I believe chivalry is not dead...well at least for me.

And anyone who says you are a pussy or a doormat for doing so is an IDIOT.
    This! One of my number one turn offs is when a man has no manners. I like being treated like a lady.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I let him. Though sometimes, if it just makes sense, I will hold the door for him also. I call this approach Reasoned Chivalry.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

i think whoever gets to the door first should open it-like walking into a restaurant or something. i wouldnt stand and wait for him to open it and i wouldnt be offended if he let me do it.

i really dont think its a big deal. im polite in general and if waiting to go into the bank or something-i always let the people inside waiting to go out, go out before i go in.

i do find it rude though if a person just barges in without cobsidering the people trying to come out.

I'm like Michelle - whoever gets to the door first should open it and hold it for the other person.

As for car doors, I don't mind it being opened for something special like a first date or a special event, but it gets really annoying if he does it all the time. In these days of central locking, it just makes more sense to bleep locks open and both open our own doors.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I like it. I think it shows maners. Is not that i'm thinking or waiting for him to open it for me, and a lot of times I just go ahead and don't give him time to do it, but when he does it i feel good about it.
    i do not always let him pay te bill, because I would feel bad about myself, like abusing, but the "free" gestures like the door: go for it!!

Well, I like a man who opens the door for me, who carries my bag or even holds my hand when I'm walking along the street. I dunno, but it's a plus point for me when a guy is like that..
    Last edited by lanajames; 22-05-13 at 12:04 PM.

A guy who carries your bag is something of fggot....although I guess that depends on HOW he chooses to hold it if he HAS to.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

Chivalry is no where near DEAD...It just takes a real gentleman to pull it off

Chivalry is never dead...it is merely decreasing as more and more men learn less about how to do it properly.

Even the ones that do learn how to be a gentlemen are now shying away from it b/c they have been led to believe that girls think it's stupid or "too much."

So guess what happens...the men that do still act like true gentlemen end up impressing the hell out of most women. These men end up being referred to as "OMG, he is such a Gentlemen!" when she gets back home and jumps on the phone to report everything to her best friend.

HOWEVER...

To properly pull it off, you have to OWN IT. That's it.

And by owning it, I mean that it has to be a part of your core. Something you are just use to. It's not a BIG DEAL to you.

How does a woman pick up on whether you own it? Because you my friend, are NONCHALANT about it...

You could be walking her back to your car in the middle of a deep conversation, and like nothing, you head over to her side of the door and open it, wait for her to get in, and then gently close the door. All this while you were talking as normal. You don't sit there and stare or wait for a reaction from her. You just do it.

This let's the woman know that this is just kind of your thing. It's ingrained in you.

In fact, being a gentleman is not something you do for "the ladies." It is what you are to "society in general." A representation of your values as a fine man.

Stay classy my friends,

Baby Be Social
    Last edited by babybesocial; 22-05-13 at 02:32 PM.

Lol....broads liking gentlemen...Gave me a good laugh and a half.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12