+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is going on here?!?!!!??

Confusedguy, I think it's time for YOU to start going to counselling. The emotional stress you're under right while trying to support your partner is extraodinarily high and I think you need the shoulder of a professional to lean on.

that's not to say you shouldn't post here - but I think you need more and better support than we laypeople can give.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Hah! Incidentally, I'm not laypeople, but I'm not giving him support.

Sucks for that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by confusedguy1012 View Post
    Wakeup of only it were that simple I have been trying to get her to see somebody I even went to her doc for her
    You can't go to her doc for her. Doing that does nothing to help her. You staying around and enabling her not to go does nothing for her either.

but nothing works she just hates life I get it's hard but I am trying to make her want to live I know I shouldn't be making this about me but the hardest part of this relationship so far is now when the only things she says anymore is how she doesn't want to live or I don't love her or the rest if the time it's just crying.
    Well, where I come from if she has threatened to hurt herself (which she has) or anyone else then you can have her committed to a psychiatric facility for observation for a 48 hour period. There they will evaluate her and they will treat her and keep her for a longer period if they feel she's in need of more extensive treatment (both verbal councelling and medication)

I just want to help get but I've run out of ideas I've been taking care of her and tryin to make her feel better I know it won't happen over night but she's only getting worse
    Then you need to realize that YOU can not help her and YOU need to get a little less involved and get a professional involved in getting her better.

Call your mental health hotline in your area and tell them what you've told us about her and then let them give you advise and how, even though you have the best intentions, your "help" isn't helping at all.

You can't fix her so stop trying and get her the help that hopefully WILL get her on the road to recovery.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW: Did you even read that link? Did you google and look at all the suggestions that they give YOU on how to interact with someone who has just had a miscarriage/lost a baby.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    No man... she LOST A BABY recently. She's really in pain, a lot of it. Try and get her some help.
    This^ is basically it. She needs time to heal and emotional support. How is she now?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

anything you do for her to make her happy is subject to her emotions. you could refrain from taking actions where your feelings will suffer if she disapproves or seems unhappy still. it's more exhausting for her. just being there for her and acting cool is the best thing. don't take her feelings personal. just remember she's depressed and it'll get better with time.

She'll wake up from her nightmare one day. If you want to stand by and wait you can. But it'll be tough. Meanwhile, you should consider if you really love her. Or continue loving someone like this. Unless you're married to her I would jump ship.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12