+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5-year relationship...Should I end it?

So, it's been over a week since I moved my stuff out of her place. I haven't seen or spoken to her since then either. We've exchanged a few texts, nothing about our relationship though. I suppose it's not a good sign that she hasn't once called me or asked me about what's going on. You know, if she did love me, she would be worried enough to ask me if everything is alright?

Either way, this past week has been really nice. I forgot what it was like to be "alone", but it's not as bad as I thought. Actually, it's not bad at all. I'd rather live like this the rest of my life than with her how things were. That's not to say I've broken up with her yet though.

I'm still really on the fence about this. It's like half of me knows it's the right decision to break up and the other half knows it is the wrong decision. Do I need more time to be sure this isn't something I'm going to regret for the rest of my life? I can't help but thinking that if I do break up with her, I will always wonder what things could have been like and if there was more I could have or should have done to make our relationship better.

Just because you spent five years together does NOT mean that it's worth hanging on regardless. I was married for 13 years. After that I was in a relationship for 8 years. I'm glad both relationships ended because I"m happier now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12