+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No Global Warming, orly?

Yes​​​​​​​​​​​.

Farmers are always obsessed with the weather, because they can't control it, and bad weather can seriously diminish crop yields. Climate change could seriously disrupt crop yields. For some, that will just mean higher food prices. For others, that will mean war, even more war than we violent humans are normally engaged in.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    people are dying from hunger and not from hot temperatures in Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    Farmers are always obsessed with the weather, because they can't control it, and bad weather can seriously diminish crop yields. Climate change could seriously disrupt crop yields. For some, that will just mean higher food prices. For others, that will mean war, even more war than we violent humans are normally engaged in.
    Read this repeatedly until you get it.

Yeah. I can see what your saying. Its definately looking at the "Big Picture". Could possibly result in Anarchy on a bigger scale than in Somalia ATM.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelmakemelol View Post
    Yes​​​​​​​​​​​.
    Eh kiddo ... Were talking about two different worlds, I could also say that youre retarded from my point of view.
    I wazzzz here

No. You're misinformed and poorly educated on the subject, and you therefore have an incorrect opinion. It's my job, as someone smarter and better-looking, to teach you the facts on the subject so that you form a correct, educated, informed opinion.

Personally the way I look at the global warming issue is as follows.

Whether or not global warming exists or not is not the issue and this argument is a ridiculous waste of time. The fact of the matter is we ARE screwing the planet and have been for a long time and we need to do something about it.

Here in Australia in response to global warming the government has recently issued a Carbon tax. There was a strong debate before hand and now there is a lot of goverment slamming going on now. One of the add campaigns complains that every tonne of coal not produced here will be produced somewhere else. My personal response to that, so what? We have to take some forward action. If somewhere else in the world produces what we stop raiding our nation for at least we can say that we are taking a step in the right direction. Positive action has to begin somewhere.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

I rarely agree with Doppel 2, but I have to support him on this one. Not acting on global warming and leaving the planet worse off than we inherited it for the next generation is one of the most selfish things we, the humanity can do.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Technology is progressing, if you want to leave the earth better off or as well as we inherited it, we should take our clothes, move into caves and eat nuts from the trees.

Nick, if took so many drugs as you, i'd be probably way more smarter than you . And you're mentally sick so you're automatically smarter . Better looking? Don't think so .
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    if took so many drugs as you, i'd be probably way more smarter than you .
    Engrish win

I might get flamed for saying my thoughts on the subject, but I think BOTH global warming & the economic crisis are horrible for us & the Earth.

They are both 2 different kinds of horrible & we need to do something about them both.

Well living in caves and eating nuts from trees is an option for some, not for others. It doesn't mean everyone should live wasteful lives. Every little bit helps. If every single person on the planet did what they could for the good of the environment the world would be much healthier. I'm certain everyone on this forum could right now pledge to change one thing in their lives to make a difference. Turn more lights off, walk more, have shorter showers, buy products in the shopping that use less packaging. And they're the things that will often save you money. If you have money to spare you could put solar panels on your house, get a grey water recycling system. If you have a back yard, grow your own food.

I'm not saying do all these things either. I'm saying do one or 2 and that would make a difference, if everyone made a small difference it would add up to a big difference. The problem is that most people don't think that they can make any difference and figure that they're little bit of damage won't hurt too much.

Seriously, forget the climate. It's a symptom, not the problem. Even if there is NO problem, the planet is fine and healthy, ecosystems don't matter and pollution doesn't exist, isn't it best to err on the side of caution and act as if there is a problem? If you are presented with a bomb, it's not ticking but you have the tools to make sure it won't blow, would you not use those tools?
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    I rarely agree with Doppel 2, but I have to support him on this one.
    Mish clearly thinks I'm better-looking than PP.

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    Technology is progressing, if you want to leave the earth better off or as well as we inherited it, we should take our clothes, move into caves and eat nuts from the trees.

Nick, if took so many drugs as you, i'd be probably way more smarter than you . And you're mentally sick so you're automatically smarter . Better looking? Don't think so .
    The problem is that you've never been to the US. You've never come here and seen, for yourself, how badly we waste. You're living in the European lala land where winters are cold, nobody gives a shit about the church, people don't have a problem with gays, and you consume in very moderate, reasonable proportions.

You also haven't seen how sexy I am. I dare you to spend just a few minutes with the following link:

[url=http://www.google.com/search?q=us+energy+consumption]http://www.google.com/search?q=us+energy+consumption[/url]

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    I rarely agree with Doppel 2, but I have to support him on this one. Not acting on global warming and leaving the planet worse off than we inherited it for the next generation is one of the most selfish things we, the humanity can do.
    why concentrate on the future when we are having people die in the present? shouldn't we invest our time, money and energy into helping out our generation, instead of complaining about the future of the earth. after all no one really knows what's going to happen to it in the near future. one natural disaster and we all may be gone.
    i say F**K global warming and let's live in the present.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Yes we should look after this generation but not at the expense of the next generation!
    And wow people are dying, yippy skip! We've been doing that for thousands of years now. No matter what we do people are going to die and people are going to suffer. That's because people are arseholes. The planet on the other hand, has been here longer than us and should be here after we're gone. It has done nothing to deserve the havoc we have wreaked upon it. It had the poor misfortune of sustaining life and we thought "we're smart. let's ravage her for all she's worth". She's not going to take it much longer.

And yes, a natural disaster could wipe everything out. Jesus, look at the natural disasters that have occurred in recent years. That is only going to get worse. But IMO if Mother Nature has to wipe out every human so she can survive, good for her. In the grand scheme of things, human beings are not much more than a nasty disease and I believe the universe would be better off without us.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast