+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Life...

Tone Guest
    I feel ya Fras

Kiechi---"Old people leaving and new people entering is a pretty daunting thought"

I used to be sentimental. Tried to hold onto people, keep the memories alive, keep in contact etc etc. Some people didn't respond and I lost contact with them, I felt very dissapointed. But came to realise that I have no control over other people.

So accept that people will drift in and out of your life. They are there for a season or two, and than they move on, or you move on.

The best thing that could happen is you meet them again years down the road and you pick up where you left off.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    It's scary to think that after your life is over you just cease to exist... to me at least!
    it's only scary if you really think about it. reguardless of what happens to you as a person, the world will still revolve around the sun and life will go out.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    I feel ya Fras

oh! a little extra lov, eh?
    "Ogres are like onions."

Tone Guest
    (:

What REALLY weird is to be having a dream you're dying, and at the instant you close your eyes and surrender to death in the dream, you wake up in your bed with your eyes opening...all in one smooth, conscious flow.

As one door closes, another door opens.
    Speak less. Say more.

Once I had dream of a person I had a crush on. It was like in this massive hall and she was about to give a speech, and I could barely see her. Then suddenly some year 7's went down this water slide and ended up in a pool of fish. My friend was about to save them but I said it was too late. Then I tried to get back up... then it ended. I interpreted the dream and apparently I wanted to get my crush pregnant. Strange eh?
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Existentialism:

For those who were drifting into this topic:

There was a guy who used to post here (donutboy) who created a thread: "Mind expansion 101" where he discussed some theories of afterlife or parallel realities related to consciousness. Also on his myspace he posted another article...I don't remember if he posted the same one here..anyway, if you care, look for the "Mind Expansion 101" thread.

I don't like the idea of dying in my sleep. However, I don't like the idea of dying at all. But with that in mind I think the worst case scenario is dying without leaving some sort of memento that you were here and that you achieved something. For example people who write books. I couldn't imagine being the local bum who did nothing with my life. But I guess not everyone has the same mentality. From what I learnt from being in asia, that enviorment your brought in effects your entire life. For example peoples life goal is basically to survive in 3rd world countries, however i believe in more more economocally developed countries, our aim is too either become famous or become wealthy. So isn't life practically pre-determined and laid out before us when we are born? Hm, just thoughts.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Or you can learn how free you really are and break away from these invisible chains that make us think we should be one way or the other based on what our ancestors have done in our particular culture, be it dictated by family or geography...

That's my current goal. To be that free. Let the wind carry me and have the wisdom to stop when I have found something truly worth stopping for...you know, settling on something..if not, keep flying..

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    That's my current goal. To be that free. Let the wind carry me and have the wisdom to stop when I have found something truly worth stopping for...you know, settling on something..if not, keep flying..
    That's somethin' I'd like to work harder on as well.

Kiechi----"For example people who write books. I couldn't imagine being the local bum who did nothing with my life."

If I were to fastforward you to your death...what would you want written on your tombstone?

"Here lies Kiechi, he lived a simple, risk-free, but boring life......a good and honest man, but with no legacy"

OR

"Here lies Kiechi, he never made any real money or did anything really fantastic, but he was always the first to try something new and he lived life to the fullest".

None appeal to me.

It's always amazed me that people almost ALWAYS look at death as some kind of conclusion to be avoided rather than a transformation to be experienced. That's to say nothing about life-after-death. Just to say that how one looks at dying has a profound effect on how he lives his or her life.
    Speak less. Say more.

Tone Guest
    I liked your recent posts, both nomas and Hayward.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast