+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long Distance Relationships

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm in LDR since about 7 months.I met my boyfriend in France,personally I'm from Poland. We've spend a whole month together,and when he took me to the train station,he said he loves me. At the beginnig it was horrible.But we were talking on the phone,sending some sms.First we've met in november in Warsaw.There we've spend 4 days together.After we've met in december for about 2 weeks. And last time we've spend whole february together.First problems that we have got ,were in december. He was angry,he didn't want to meet with me.I was depressed all the time.But when I was coming back he promised me that in february he will change,and he will spend all the time with me.And it was so.He even took me to the pubs with his mates to see football games.It was nice.Of course we've had some arguments,but this time we tried to work this out.So after february I'm more relaxed.
    So , i didn't say why we can't live together.It's because he's working there and I'm finishing my school.This year I'm starting at the university,and just for him I've changed my plans.Instead going here to the university I'm going to study in Germany on a belgian board,just to be as much close to the France as it is possible.So since October the distance between me and my cherié won't be 1000 km,but only 250 km I can't wait for that.
    And what is with honesty and trust? I'm very honest,earlier I couldn't even imagine that I can be so honest to a boy.I'm not cheating him.And I really trust him.I think that if I wouldn't trust him,I wouldn't be with him today.I can't imagine that all the day I'm thinking that 'oh my,I'm sure he's with another girl in this moment',it would be terrible.I have to trust him.And I do.
    We have other problem.And it's not because of the distance.It's because of the language.He speaks only french and english,but he makes a lot of mistakes.And I speak polish,german and english.It's pity but I don't speak french(but I will! ) and sometimes it's hard to tell everything.To find the right word.But C'est la Vie Ok If You have some questions I will answer with pleasure

I've been in an LDR a long time back, it didn't work for me. I found from personal experience, that most relationships need closeness without it they wither quicker. The main challenge in LDRs I find is how to turn LDR into a Relationship? One person would have to make a leap and a lot of sacrifices to abandon work, family friends and move to a new place. That alone can be a difficult decision to make and one that can breed resentment.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You see Mishanya... For me a decision to live in a new place doesn't mean that I will live further from my family because already I'm far from my family,I always was. Now I am living with my father,my mother lives in Germany (in north) since I was 6 years old ,my sister lives in France (in the same city as my boyfriend),on of my brother lives in London,another in Ireland,so if I move to Aachen(west-south Germany) it means I will be closer to everybody.So this decision wasn't so hard to do.Harder for me that for the first time I will live alone,I will have to make everything for my own i think it's my biggest challenge ever

I forgot to tell...I hate weekends.Especially when I'm sitting at home... This weekend I stay at home because I'm sick...For me weekends are the hardest because I don't meet so much people,I just stay at home and I think... Mostly it brings me down,I become depressed...So it's friday 7pm and the bad weekend starts....
    Last edited by Petit Papillon; 01-03-08 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Forgot to tell

My friend here in IL is having a LDR with a girl in Poland. Anyways, I would have to really like the person to hold an LDR....eh...who am I kidding? not like I have anything better to do.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Different countries initially, still long distance but different cities now. We've made it work a little over a year as a couple, and longer than that as very good friends.

An LDR is right for us at this point. He needs time to get his feet wet (there's plenty of time to be getting me wet) with regards to the "9 to 5" lifestyle, and I need time to complete university. We see each other on regular basis/as often as we can afford, and frequently meet up for gigs. He stays over for weeks at a time, when schedule allows. We travel a lot together.

There is obviously a great element of closeness here, or else we wouldn't make it work. Sometimes I yearn for him, but this is the best solution for the time being, and exactly what I need in my life at this stage. I'm thankful that we can see each other as often as we do. Other than that, we talk on MSN on a daily basis. It's important to keep the communication going (and strong) when you're at a distance.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So my LDR is finished.Since 5 days now (I think) ... But it's not because of the distance between us.It's because I've met the wrong guy. Personally , if I had to be in LDR again,I would do that.But now I will be more carefull .Besides first I have to cure my broken heart,and start to plan everything again... Unfortunately,the time didn't stop...

i had a long distance relationship with someone i met over the net. We've been on for like a year with just merely chatting,exchanging emails and post cards. I was just college then and he was just starting a career in a company. I thought at that time it was already him,until one day he called me and said goodbye without telling me the reason why. Just a plain " i don't want you to expect for something i might not be able to give". So i moved on and started dating some else. To make the long story short, we met again in a chat room. what a coincidence it was because out of all the many chat rooms available in yahoo it's weird that we got to find each other there. I was already married when we started chatting again. And since i am not happy with my married life, i accepted his proposal. He knows everything about me, my real status and the fact that i am already pregnant that time and was about to give birth.Until one day he broke up again with me. He will be leaving out of his country for a job offer overseas, lame reason would be he will be very busy on his new job and can't spend much time chatting with me over the net. And so i never heard from him after that. One day he called me up and there we are, started it all over again without my husband's knowledge (that's what i know), without even realizing that my husband knew everything and every single word we talked about. so to sum it up, it never worked out.Not only because my husband find it out but also because even during the time when i am still single, it never really worked out. However, if it didnt worked out with us, doesnt mean it'll not work out with you as well. It's more of how you handle the relationship and how much you are willing to make it last i guess.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenAngel View Post
    i had a long distance relationship with someone i met over the net. We've been on for like a year with just merely chatting,exchanging emails and post cards. I was just college then and he was just starting a career in a company. I thought at that time it was already him,until one day he called me and said goodbye without telling me the reason why. Just a plain " i don't want you to expect for something i might not be able to give". So i moved on and started dating some else. To make the long story short, we met again in a chat room. what a coincidence it was because out of all the many chat rooms available in yahoo it's weird that we got to find each other there. I was already married when we started chatting again. And since i am not happy with my married life, i accepted his proposal. He knows everything about me, my real status and the fact that i am already pregnant that time and was about to give birth.Until one day he broke up again with me. He will be leaving out of his country for a job offer overseas, lame reason would be he will be very busy on his new job and can't spend much time chatting with me over the net. And so i never heard from him after that. One day he called me up and there we are, started it all over again without my husband's knowledge (that's what i know), without even realizing that my husband knew everything and every single word we talked about. so to sum it up, it never worked out.Not only because my husband find it out but also because even during the time when i am still single, it never really worked out. However, if it didnt worked out with us, doesnt mean it'll not work out with you as well. It's more of how you handle the relationship and how much you are willing to make it last i guess.
    Yeah, just don't do what this chick did...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12