+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things to Talk About?

Oh, you're over-thinking the whole thing. It's going to be great. The conversation will take on a life of it's own if you'll just let it. It doesn't even really matter what you talk about anyway. You're both going to be communicating far more than that.

The way you sit in relation to each other, eye contact, etc.- these are the REAL things being said. It basically comes down to one exchange:

Her: Are you interested?
    Him: Yes. Are you?
    Her: Yes. Really?
    Him: Yes. Really?
    Her: Yes. Really?

And that is a first date.

I'm just going to cross my finger this week. I just hope she still interested and aint pist at me.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

First of all, she is probably surprised at what a great listener you are

If you are truly listening to what she is saying you should be able to respond with appropriate comments. Of course if you are not really hearing the words and just looking at her, nodding, and thinking wow she is hot, that won't really work, hehe.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by neobodhi View Post
    if you are not really hearing the words and just looking at her, nodding, and thinking wow she is hot, that won't really work, hehe.
    What's wrong with that?

You are kidding, right?
    Stop promoting or get banned

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You are kidding, right?
    No.

In most cases, the first thing to attract a guy is a girl's physical appearance, so why can't he bask in it a bit on the first date?

one of the reason of your nervousness, and i could be wrong, is you're trying to hard to impress the girl. you're nervous coz you don't want to look like a looser or a jerk in front of them. as i said, i could be wrong.

remember, you are what people perceive you are. if not, there must be something wrong with how you act in front of them. getting the facts are good. the trick is when not to be mechanical. a conversation is a two way street. don't let it become an interview. wait or look for her reactions and some questions. questions like "what bout you?" that's your cue to chime in some of your personal stuff. then based on her or your answer, get a specific topic on it. a simple where did you go to school could branch to what subject she likes or "don't you hate those mathematical formula?" kind of comments.

don't hide your weakness, but dont show them either. if he don't like you for something and you did not get a second date, well you're going to find someone that would fit you in the relationship.

that's what courting is all about. like finding a glove. you look for something that you will comfortable with. does not mean it's perfectly fit. coz you won't always find someone that will fit you. but you can always find someone you're comfortable with.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Henry123 View Post
    I personally would rather have a motormouth girl.

I'm worry about those girls who are poor conversationalist. I dont know what to say sometimes. I get tongue tied and my mind suddenly goes blank on me. And then I panic and I'm speechless.
    No matter how quiet/shy they are, if you hit the right topic, they will talk, and talk and talk......... and well, talk
    Last edited by derm; 23-08-06 at 05:39 AM.
    Many questions answered.... Many answers questioned

I wish there was some Panic Button I could push.

I feel sometimes I ask too many question and dont know how to bring up things to talk about. I tennd to know more about factual things but talking about facts isnt going to go to far.
    There is!

Its in the form of a fire alarm....hit that, alarm goes off. Building is evacuated and you have a whole new topic to talk about...fire!

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    No.

In most cases, the first thing to attract a guy is a girl's physical appearance, so why can't he bask in it a bit on the first date?
    And that's why you should hush up.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by derm View Post
    And that's why you should hush up.
    This coming from somebody who thinks it should be expected that a guy make obnoxious comments towards other attractive girls in front of one's girlfriend.

You don't seem to be very good at this.

Stick around, maybe you'll learn somethin'.

... Of course if you are not really hearing the words and just looking at her, nodding, and thinking wow she is hot, that won't really work, hehe.
    Oh no, Actually I'm curious whats she's thinking. Its just my fascination with her.
    I really wonder whats she's thinking. Whats her life is like. Where she comes from.
    What her home looks like etc. I know I'm abit mesmerized by her and everyopne probably thinks Ive gone bonkers or something.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Quote Originally Posted by derm View Post
    There is!

Its in the form of a fire alarm....hit that, alarm goes off. Building is evacuated and you have a whole new topic to talk about...fire!
    Funny guy!

Funny guy!
    Why, why thank you young man!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12