+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Do Nice Guys Finish Last?

Tone Guest
    :(

Yeah, it sucks, but not all guys who say their nice are jerks. Some just know they're nice.

"Only the Dead have seen the end of War."
    - Plato

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm all about finding a "nice guy". I'm sick of jerks and I will admit I have dated a few knowing they were. But I have also dated a few that said they were "nice" and really were jerks.

As much as I want a "nice guy" ........I have to be attracted to him physically and emotionally as well. Finding that combo can be quite hard.....

Eh, you'll find someone.

"Only the Dead have seen the end of War."
    - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Ekips
    They might label themselves like that because they think girls would hook up with them because of it.

Eh, good guys get the best girls most the time. Girls that go with jerks willingly arn't worth it. (I realize most don't realize they are jerks, and some try to give them a second chance, but some just plain old want jerks)
    lmao.. no way... lol.. ru joking... lol.. first of all.. no girls sit around looking at guys... and say to each other...

"wow.. check him out.. he looks pretty NICE!!! ... omg!!! i can't stand it.. it's blowing my mind away... i want him now!!!"

yeah.. it's just not happening...

being nice is not a positive feature on a guy.. it takes away from his masculine quality... although they never want to admit it.. girls are for some reason more attracted to jerks.. yes.. how familiar is the whole...

- ughh.. y do u like him?

- i dunno.. he's such a jerk..

- so y are u going out with him..

- i dunno..

yeah.. that's reason enough for me...

then they call GUYS crazy...

I agree with Lloyd - the whole "nice guys finish last" only applies in high school and maybe college. Once women mature, they want the nice guys, (unless they are hopelessly stupid.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn
    I'm all about finding a "nice guy". I'm sick of jerks and I will admit I have dated a few knowing they were. But I have also dated a few that said they were "nice" and really were jerks.

As much as I want a "nice guy" ........I have to be attracted to him physically and emotionally as well. Finding that combo can be quite hard.....
    EXACTLY!!!... try finding a nice guy that looks good... preeeetty hard... lol

so really... all nice guys are left on the side... watching all the jerks go out with all the "dateable" girls... and one day... they get swooped by one of those girls who just wants to settle down.. poor little guys.. nway...

point is... nice guys DO finish last in that respect... growing up.. they study, they work, and they prepare themselves to raise a family later on in life... soon, they get to be 30, married, with kids, with a great job, but it doesn't mean anything, caz now they're 30, and they can't ever enjoy everything they missed when they were 18-24...

so they put up with it for a couple of years.. they enjoy their kids... until they grow up and leave.. and one day.. it hits them.. they CRAVE that unlived past teenagehood... and seek to enjoy it... in other words... mid life crisis...

imagine you're 45, married, with kids, and the only great sex you've had was with your wife when you were 25-30-ish.. now you have all your friends telling you stories of their sex lives when they were 18-24... with some hot 18-22 year old co-ed, or waitress, or classmate... watever... your not as jealous as you are upset that you've done sOoOo much in life and enjoyed less of life than all your other friends...

so.. when u snap out of it... u start to realize that the other side of the grass always LOOKS greener... and sex is not everything in life... u start to remove sex from your life... and focus your energy and mind on other things... when you remove sex from your life... you slowly realize that you have reached a level higher than all your friends... and you are trully happy with yourself.. and your life...

finally, you realize, that it is not a matter of finishing "last", but finishing happy...

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp
    EXACTLY!!!... try finding a nice guy that looks good... preeeetty hard... lol
    Ahem, I consider myself to be good looking lol

lol messing around, im being bored before work...

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekips
    Eh, good guys get the best girls most the time. Girls that go with jerks willingly arn't worth it. (I realize most don't realize they are jerks, and some try to give them a second chance, but some just plain old want jerks)
    I agree with this. The girls that end up dating and staying with guys that they know are jerks are usually not the type of girl you'd want to be dating anyway....no self confidence or common sense....so whats the problem?

I'm sorry I've fallen out of your good graces Lloyd. But as I said earlier, all the genuinely nice guys I know (also educated with good jobs, and in their twenties still) are all taken. So who are these nice guys finishing last? I've yet to meet one. That was my point.

I for one would take a mediochre looking, sweet thoughtful guy with no money over a rich cocky bastard with stunning good looks. Maybe I'm just the exception in my gender, but that's how I see things.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer
    I agree with this. The girls that end up dating and staying with guys that they know are jerks are usually not the type of girl you'd want to be dating anyway....no self confidence or common sense....so whats the problem?

I'm sorry I've fallen out of your good graces Lloyd. But as I said earlier, all the genuinely nice guys I know (also educated with good jobs, and in their twenties still) are all taken. So who are these nice guys finishing last? I've yet to meet one. That was my point.

I for one would take a mediochre looking, sweet thoughtful guy with no money over a rich cocky bastard with stunning good looks. Maybe I'm just the exception in my gender, but that's how I see things.
    lol I wish there was more women like you around here. This is why I sometimes can't wait to be say 25 instead of 20 (sunday..wooo!!) All the girls around here are taken or...well...bleh... lol. I'm hoping as I grow older, some of the girls will follow the maturity line. Not to say I can't have my fun, but I mean relationship wise.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

well... i think you mey very well be the exception to your gender... "nice" is not an attractive feature in guys...

i can easily say that most of my guy friends are ANYTHING but nice...
    yeah.. some are going into law, others are going to do business... so it's not a matter of money... the issue isn't rich or poor... it's not hot or ugly... it's weather or not the person is a nice guy or a jerk...

and yes... this whole "nice guys finish last" crap.. is all during highschool... after that... it's more like... lazy guys finish last...

Yeah, this is a fun subject... I think I'll pass.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's gettin hot in here!!!

all the genuinely nice guys I know (also educated with good jobs, and in their twenties still) are all taken. So who are these nice guys finishing last? I've yet to meet one. That was my point.
    There are a disproportionate number of genuinely nice men that I would consider good catches working in the science field who are single, even in to their 40s. I really don't understand why they are still single. Maybe they - like OV - are holding out for virgins. (hahaha)

I don't know about the NO money part (as I would think that having NO money means that a man is either irresponsible or unemployed), but I agree with the rest.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ok yeah, maybe not NO money. Can't go to extremes here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast