+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get her back strategy advice type books...

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Yeah that must be an ego thang.

Or else her ex did something so bad that she'd get perverse pleasure out of hearing him beg.
    Yeah, kind of like an apologetic beg. His beg is really an apology to something he did?

But begging and apologizing are very different things.

And I don't think she just wanted him to beg for revenge, because she would have taken him back if he would have begged.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    this is all common sense things, you don't need a book to tell you that.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Ok, fine. How about this.

Any ex that comes back due to begging really wants a pussy male and is only looking to feel validated in the relationship.

Why in the hell would you want some guy to beg you to come back with him? Is begging really that attractive to you? I sure hope your man never has to defend you... Only pussies beg.

EDIT: And why would you want a guy to basically kill every bit of pride and self respect he has to beg you to get back with him?
    Actually I prefer a guy who is more soft in the inside and doesn't necessarily need to win every emotional war with his SO. I don't think begging is neccessarily a "pussy" thing and it does not have to involve killing every bit of pride and respect. I think all apologies have a begging element to it. If you are not begging for forgiveness..then what is exactly is an apology?

Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    Actually I prefer a guy who is more soft in the inside and doesn't necessarily need to win every emotional war with his SO. I don't think begging is neccessarily a "pussy" thing and it does not have to involve killing every bit of pride and respect. I think all apologies have a begging element to it. If you are not begging for forgiveness..then what is exactly is an apology?
    The only kind of begging I can see in an apology is if he cheated on you or hit you. Then maybe I could see it.

Begging is pathetic. It shows weakness. It shows that he's too needy and that he will fall apart without her. If you want a guy that's that attached, I can understand why you'd want him to beg.

I still think it's a pussy thing to do. A guy can be in touch with emotions and not beg.

Begging is pathetic. It shows weakness. It shows that he's too needy and that he will fall apart without her. If you want a guy that's that attached, I can understand why you'd want him to beg.
    Ok, I guess those type of guys are not your cup of tea.

But as for me...I have been searching for soo long for a guy who can be vulnerable. Yes, I admit, I desire a guy who needs me and make me feel important. Maybe I ask for too much. Those types might be extinct.

Ok, I guess those type of guys are not your cup of tea.

But as for me...I have been searching for soo long for a guy who can be vulnerable. Yes, I admit, I desire a guy who needs me and make me feel important. Maybe I ask for too much. Those types might be extinct.
    I used to think that needing someone was a good thing. But it's not. It's unhealthy. Relationships aren't always forever. To need someone that you're in a relationship with is bad. You shouldn't have to need that person for your life to feel good. I'm learning that myself. And making you feel important should be a big thing to him.

But, begging isn't the way to go. It shows weakness. It shows that he has no pride and no self respect. A guy can show that he wants you in his life and makes you feel important without having to beg.

I used to think that needing someone was a good thing. But it's not. It's unhealthy. Relationships aren't always forever. To need someone that you're in a relationship with is bad. You shouldn't have to need that person for your life to feel good. I'm learning that myself. And making you feel important should be a big thing to him.

But, begging isn't the way to go. It shows weakness. It shows that he has no pride and no self respect. A guy can show that he wants you in his life and makes you feel important without having to beg.
    You're right! A guy should show she's important to him at all times...not just through begging when they're at the verge of breaking up.

You're right! A guy should show she's important to him at all times...not just through begging when they're at the verge of breaking up.
    All that tells me is that you have such validation issues that you need a guy to beg in order to show that he thinks you're important.

yes probably...I have validation issues. Its something I'm working on.

I can't deal with begging or moping or trying to garner pity after a breakup. It usually just makes me feel icky.

It's one of the reasons I've had a hard time even considering rekindling with my other ex (the non-crazy one). Everytime I talk to him and ask him how he's doing, he says "Not good." and will go on about how much he misses me. We broke up a year ago and our conversations still go like this. It puts me in the position where I cannot even think clearly about it because it makes me feel like he is trying to guilt-trip me.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12