+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pregnant teens in hs and people who fail

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Some people start from less than zero. Their parents set them up to fail and they're too young and inexperienced to make the right choices. You get religion involved, and some kids just have no chance.

Think about two kids coming from crappy families, convinced that only each other cares about them, not using birth control because they're afraid of getting busted for having sex or because they never actually intended on going "all the way". This wonderful thing that feels like the best thing that ever happened to them gets them in more trouble than they can possibly imagine because for "moral" reasons they were not taught to be sexually responsible.

Do you guys think it is moral to tell kids to just abstain? Lil'wing, do they even have sex ed in South Dakota? And do you happen to know what your dropout rate is?
    i think that there should be more sex ed classes. i see the average age of kids having sex dropping all the way down to 13 and 14 and to me that's not okay. i would feel more comfortable if kids didn't have sex until like 16 or 17 years old.

there isn't sex ed out here. but back when i was in ohio, i had sex ed class in the 4th grade.

as far as dropping out goes, i don't have a clue. at my high school, 1/100 drops out every year.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    WWOVD?

what would only virgins do?

i'm not sure. if i was in the situation, i would probably have the baby unless the baby OR the mother's life was in danger. why? because i value life that much.

what did she do? she did the most responsible thing; she had the baby. she is going to nurture it, even though she was raped.
    She did the natural thing, not responsible. She is not thinking about the kid first either, what kind of a life with out a dad is there? it is kind of crappy...ofcourse, if you don't have the kid there was no life to begin with.

Anyways people, what kind of an idiot do you have to be to have absolutely no knowledge of contraceptions? You have to have just walked out of a cave that you have lived in for your entire life.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 02-05-07 at 12:57 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    She did the natural thing, not responsible. She is not thinking about the kid first either, what kind of a life with out a dad is there? it is kind of crappy...ofcourse, if you don't have the kid there was no life to begin with.

Anyways people, what kind of an idiot do you have to be to have absolutely no knowledge of contraceptions? You have to have just walked out of a cave that you have lived in for your entire life.
    what i meant was it takes a lot of maturity and responsibility to choose what she chose. then again these are my beliefs and my way of seeing things, and i'm not trying to argue.

what kind of life is there without a dad though? i lived my entire life without my actual dad. it was okay, my childhood was a bit messed up so yea. if you grew up with your dad, give the man a hug and appreciate him for all of us who don't have one.

I had a better role model then my actual dad when I was growing up.
    He was my Grandfather on my mothers side of the family.
    A great man indeed.Nothing like my father & I am grateful for that.
    My life would have ended up in the same messed up way if he ( my dad ) was there during the most important years of my life.
    The man has some messed up morals.

As for sex ed classes,we got those in primary school & nowhere else.

I did however learn the important stuff when my mum "explained" everything to me when I was 11.

My last comment is that contraceptives only work when you take them before the nasty goes down ( condoms are the exception,that's during ).This girl wasn't promiscuous ( from the post ),so she didn't need them.

She was raped for uncle Franks sake!
    How could she be prepared for that!

Unless girls start taking the pill from age 13 for the rest of their lives ( until they want to have kids ),I don't see how that would help anyone.

what i meant was it takes a lot of maturity and responsibility to choose what she chose. then again these are my beliefs and my way of seeing things, and i'm not trying to argue.

what kind of life is there without a dad though? i lived my entire life without my actual dad. it was okay, my childhood was a bit messed up so yea. if you grew up with your dad, give the man a hug and appreciate him for all of us who don't have one.
    How is it mature to decide to keep a baby that you may or may not be able to support?

And you said 'actual dad'. Does that mean you had a step dad in your life? Because if you did, then that counts as a solid father figure.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TDurden View Post
    And you said 'actual dad'. Does that mean you had a step dad in your life? Because if you did, then that counts as a solid father figure.
    do any of my mom's abusive boyfriends count? by abusive i mean pure hatred for any type of child and choke slamming them and shit.

do any of my mom's abusive boyfriends count? by abusive i mean pure hatred for any type of child and choke slamming them and shit.
    Did you get pinned afterwards?

wow ... and she kept the baby??

I think that was vital information ... It's not so bad ... I'm 27 and I'm realizing that I'm still young enough to change my future ...
    I admire your mentality. I'm 19 and I'm starting doubt whether I am in control of my future. It seems to be the same old story with me. However, saying that I don't think I could place my hand on my heart and say I try to change things 100%. The motivation is short-lived and I find myself in the same cruddy ass position.

Also, is it ****ed to think 19 is OLD? I think I meed to let go of my childhood or something.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post

Also, is it ****ed to think 19 is OLD?
    Hell yes, Mr. Half-my-age. Get a grip. You're only starting out.
    Spammer Spanker

yep, considering the fact that someone put a drug in something she was drinking and dateraped her.
    She is going to have a much harder time in life than a normal teen mom, because she has a kid now that will remind her 24/7 of her rape. I won't be surprise if she hits the drugs or send the kid off to get adopted.

But as far as single moms go, there is one at my college that is in one of my classes and is in my group for the project for that class. And I have to say I give her a lot of credit for going to college while having a 3 year old son and she is 24 years old. The funny part is that I was interested in her until I found that part out.

In all fairness the students who dropped out of high school won't neccessarily become failures.

My cousin dropped out of high school and now has an apprenticship to become a mechanic.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    Also, is it ****ed to think 19 is OLD? I think I meed to let go of my childhood or something.
    You'll always be in control ... it's that first step ...

And, yes, you're trippin', man! I used to think that turning 20 was old. Then you hit it and think "Damn, I don't feel different at all ..." ...

You don't have to make all of your decisions now. I used to trip out about not settling into a career, but then I realize that I could be working for 40 more years, so why not take my damn time?

Once you get into Uni and all that, things will just open up ... for better or for worse. You don't know it's happening, but you realize it in hindsight.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

yea, it's not that easy. and besides, abortion is illegal in my state. i guess if she was desperate, she could do it herself in an alley or something.. or maybe do something as gruesome as kill it after birth.. that's just plain sick though.

i'm for and against abortion you know, let's not trash my thread with that. make a new thread if you want to debate abortion.
    abortion pill is always a option if its in within like 3 days

[url]http://www.drugdelivery.ca/pd323-s-abortion.aspx[/url]

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    why does everything have to be so negative in this world..?? look at eminem, avil lavrigne, and that lead singer from green day. they are also all high school drop out and look where they are today.

sure they didn't drop out because they had a kid coming along, but it's not any different. people can change their lives with the right help and with support. desire to change is the last thing that they need.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12