+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nothing left to live for

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Unfortunately, the 2-3 days are almost never contiguous. In fact, I can already feel myself slipping down into the same depression: it might be a week or three before one of those rare monthly good days comes up.. And yeah, I have considered bipolar as a possibility. I think instead it's more of trying to fight an eternal struggle. It's probably not relate-able for most but being a loser is indescribably awful...There might not really be any psychological problem involved if one is a loser and has no mental capacity to change that.
    If you can feel it, there must be ways to test things you could do to shift it back to a happier feeling for yourself, whether it be time in the sun, sports, watching a movie, or even a one on one talk with a friend.

That is a long span for you to feel happy again, if you went to talk to a therapist they could give you tools to help yourself that doesn't involve medications.

It is within you if you feel bad about yourself to begin with the slightest set back will downward spiral you because you have to coping skills set up to stop it when you feel it coming on.

Whenever you hear yourself say " Loser " tell yourself to stfu, change your thoughts immediately.
    It's not what you have, it's what you do with what you have that matters.

Oh man I think you just bother too much about it. Some people naturally attract women than others - you are not of that kind maybe, but listen - it's worst way to complain. You have to stay strong and self-assured, not be a hardball, but just self-assured man. Change yourself, find the reason - maybe you spend too much time talking about you problems on such a forums, and try to finfd girls on sites like okcupid or originclub.com? My brother was virgin until 26. 26, man! It's hard to believe but he didn't give a ***k - and now he has three daughters - he just stayed himself all the time.

Hey, Cosmo,
    You stop it. Stop that right now. Thinking like that. Please.

Hey, You place 'Love' high up where it ought be. Who cares if your baby bro is in and out of the dating world more than you are. Thank goodness.
    This means you care too much to play around and this is by no means a bad thing. Do you understand this?
    Do not give up hope.
    If your not meeting your match yet it simply means she is out there right now, wondering where the heck you are, probably feeling alone and hopeless too.
    Sometimes you must trust the Universe to allow this connection to simply happen.

Do not stop being a romantic. Do not allow jealousies to reign your emotions; it's a waste of time. Tricky but do able.
    You must rest in the fact that somewhere out there right now is your lady and she'd be awfully pissed off if you off'ed yourself before even meeting her so please, for goodness sake, smarten up. Go smile at yourself in the mirror and look forward to the time (because it will come) when you meet that girl and both of you recognize each other and say something like, "what took you so long".

The entitlement mentality, the victim mentality, and just plain old laziness abound. You are not guaranteed anything in this life. If you want something you don't already have, you are going to have to do what everyone else does. You will have to work for it. That is the nature of life. It is true that sometimes luck smiles on a person and something of value falls into their lap, but you cannot count on that. Only a fool uses luck as Plan A. What I hear from you is "Poor me, I can't do it, life sucks, I am a loser, wah wah wah." Well, you are what you keep telling yourself. Eventually, if you keep saying that shite often enough you are going to believe it. Try substituting some positive messages like "I am a winner, I can do this, I deserve good things, I have a lot to offer." Write these down over and over if you have to. Post it on your bathroom mirror so you see it every morning. Now get out there and win one for the Gipper. Booyah!!!

Well, he's managed to get 20 replies of attention this time with the same pattern from him.

Get a life coach dude. No one here is helping you to change your views at all.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 27-07-14 at 11:16 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you still taking antidepressants? It sounds like you need a medication adjustment, and some cognitive-behavioral therapy.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12