Quote Originally Posted by Kimi.George View Post
-love&otherdrugs, thank you! (hehe) I am trying to be strong and I absolutely love your advice. While I was reading, I kept nodding my head and smiling. I am definitely going to try that! It actually sounds kind of fun. I haven't checked up on him or tried to contact him, however, I still seem to cry over him and I think what I will do is give myself a goal, try and go 2 days without being sad over him, and if I can do that, treat myself to something nice. ...and it doesn't seem silly at all! There is nothing wrong with treating yourself, that's the beauty of being a girl, those kind of things make us happy!
I'm so glad my advice helped you! Treats have definitely helped me from contacting, even though I've wanted to, BADLY. I've even typed out a text message, typed in his number, and just sat there staring at it, debating, but finally erased it and put my phone out of sight. I'm impressed that you're doing so well on not checking up on him or contacting him, that is AWESOME!

I'm having a tough time with sadness on my end. I'm going to try focusing on being happy tomorrow and see how it goes. My biggest thing is that I broke my last goal, and checked up on him (terrible, I know)! So, there goes my manicure tomorrow! And I was so close to completing the goal, too! Rats. But, strong walls shake but never collapse. So, I must start again. What ways are you using to divert your attention when you start to become sad?