+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: internet dating

True. What linebacker says is true. But let's say you've developed, for a long time, this internet relationship. And you have very high hopes and they are then shatterred when you meet from a complete lie. That's why I, if I were to ever use the internet, would only use it to learn very little about the person and to mainly arrange a face to face meeting instead of developing a relatinoship over the net.

Alexi

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    But sometimes meeting a person is impossible for awhile. It's not like Jane lives next door to me. Jane is 5000 miles away from me.

Right now, Jane and I had no choice but to get to know each other real well over the internet because meeting face to face just can't happen over night. You can't expect someone to come meet you if you don't get to know them real well.

But, our time is coming.

And honestly, I'm not worried because I've been truthful with her about everything.

You know, I've never seen her? She described herself to me, so in my mind, I've got a picture of what she could possibly look like. But, honestly, from what I know of her and from what we've talked about from what I know about her, she's beautiful to me. Regardless.

I told her not to send me a picture. I want to see her with my own eyes, for the first time.

LINEBACKER 2

Another thing linebacker is that you didn't take to the net and talk to jane with the first attempt at dating. I'm saying that if you go to the net with the specific intent of dating, I'd say meet up. You guys just happened to get closer and closer through conversation. And NOW you're looking to meet. That's a different situation.

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    Indeed, it just kind of happened that way.

But, at the same time, if you're looking to date someone on the net, you'll still have to get to know them relatively well. You'll have to feel a bond between the two of you and accept everything they say at face value and hold no barriers against them because you don't know.

Like I said, if you're on the net to date someone you have to get to know them to a degree before you go meet someone. I guess it's not as simple as saying "I'm looking to date someone, come meet me".

You don't have to get to know them real well, but mutual feelings and even a special bond sometimes has to develop before any sane person with the same intentions goes out and meets him/her.

LINEBACKER 2

Yes. I agree that there has to be some bond. I'm just saying I would want to meet the person soon rather than fall head over heels over someone. If I feel that we'd get along, then you meet. No sense in wasting time/money on just trying to meet someone right off the bat. But I would never wait long.

Alexi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12