+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Why 'Nice Guys' are often such LOSERS"

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael6084 View Post
    with all the times ppl trying to be "nice" with the nice guy.
    This is false.

We burn nice guys at the stake here.

When I get nasty, it is full steam ahead. I can almost watch myself (in slow motion) destroy a personal relationship...burn it to the ground and then dance on the ashes.
    That's beautiful man, seriously.

Seriously.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    You just argued my statement then backed it up at the same time.
    Actually I didn't. Even though their confidence is unfounded (and therefore hollow) they don't recognize it.

There is a difference between having confidence that is misplaced, and being insecure

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    There is a difference between having confidence that is misplaced, and being insecure
    I would think they go hand in hand.

anachronistic Guest
    every person has insecurities.

Tedel Guest
    You know? I liked the post. I think I was becoming a nice guy without noticing it... so thanks for saving me.

The little I have learnt about women and their attitudes is this: She will want and strive for dominating any man she could have a relationship with, hoping, expecting and dreaming he won't allow her to do it.

Am I right, girls?

I liked it too.it made feel all good about myself and being a heartless bastard.u have assured my happiness for the next week michael
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung

I'm getting into this late.. but can we please not call them "nice guys"? pussies, wimps, uber-insecure, whatever, but I would like to keep the word "nice" away from all those connotations of insecurity and chicken-ness. If I find a guy nice, it's not because he's like the original post described, it's because he's.. well.. nice! As in a decent, respectful and interesting person.

yeah, but this article is almost aimed solely for the "nice guys" and thats what a lot of times the kind guys are.

having it titled like this really wakes up the guys who are frustrated that girls don't take "nice guys" for those who self-proclaim as such.

and since most guys and girls hardly ever meet eye-to-eye on the definition of what "nice" is, this is written in the context for guys to understand what it means to be "kind" as opposed to "nice", to stop having guys being pussies about how "nice guys finish last" and just man up. theyll keep being pussies if they hear a girl say "i want a nice guy" and they, in their minds, become "nice" by becoming insecure. this article is just great cuz it stings in some way.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A nice guy is just a guy with the security level of a typical female

Not filling his gender role

A nice guy is just a guy with the security level of a typical female

Not filling his gender role
    and what's the security level of a typical female?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post
    and what's the security level of a typical female?
    Since we already established that nice guys are insecure and I equated their security level with that of a female, isn't it pretty ****ing obvious what I think? The implication is there why the hell you asking me?

Since we already established that nice guys are insecure and I equated their security level with that of a female, isn't it pretty ****ing obvious what I think? The implication is there why the hell you asking me?
    Wow, you got up on the wrong side of the bed.
    I'm asking because you're making a pretty presumptious claim. I want to know what your definition of a typical female is.

You imply that insecure male are like the typical female: insecure and unqualified to be male. (
    not filling his gender role
    ) ... as if a typical female is some lesser being, not just because she's insecure but also because she's not a male.

yeah, but this article is almost aimed solely for the "nice guys"
    no, it's aimed at insecure wrecks. My boyfriend is a nice guy. Frasbee is a nice guy. I want to be able to say this without making it sound like i'm insulting! I'm saying it because they're cool, decent people who would do the right thing.
    Some band member is a nice guy because he paused to pose for several photos and a chat with my roommate even though she was plastered and probably harassing him all night, cos she's the biggest fan ever. He wasn't doing it because he was desperate for attention, seeing as he just had a room of excited girls pack around him screaming, he was doing it because he could see that he was making someone's day.. or rather, year, and yeah he probably enjoyed it too. That's a nice guy right there!
    The new guy in fourth year at college is nice because he bothered to make small talk with me while I was waiting for a lecturer at the door of the fourth year room, 'cos he saw that I was kinda out of place.

so please don't take the word nice. I don't know another way of saying those things.

having it titled like this really wakes up the guys who are frustrated that girls don't take "nice guys" for those who self-proclaim as such.

and since most guys and girls hardly ever meet eye-to-eye on the definition of what "nice" is, this is written in the context for guys to understand what it means to be "kind" as opposed to "nice", to stop having guys being pussies about how "nice guys finish last" and just man up. theyll keep being pussies if they hear a girl say "i want a nice guy" and they, in their minds, become "nice" by becoming insecure. this article is just great cuz it stings in some way.
    ok, I get your point.. but believe me one article is not going to stop guys from being a certain way. There will always be those guys. They dont' need the right wording- they need confidence. In the meantime, the wording of articles affects the way people *talk* about this stuff.

It's as if I would claim that using the "nice guy" wording for insecure guys might make some guys insecure about being "nice", so guys all over the world are going to stop returning wallets or something. 'Course not.

anyways, that's my 2 cents worth. I think you're a nice guy too btw
    Last edited by Tiay; 13-10-07 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post
    CAM, in one of your posts you claim that you can't find 'that balance in life, with women or otherwise' and then in a later post you seem so sure about what you think you know about women.
    What does one have to do with the other? The first comment re: balance relates to my inward characteristics. The second comment re: understanding women relates to my ability to comprehend that which is outside of my being. They may relate, but may not.

An artist, for instance, may interpret life through his or her comprehension of the world; but that doesn't mean that everything they see is perfectly clear or that everything they think are that of a well-balanced individual

In short, we all have our limitations...we can understand something, but may not understand ourselves.

Comprende?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Every now and then a nice guy just needs to kick some ass and cause people pain, bottom line. I think too many people get away without being reminded of HOW MUCH THEY SUCK.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast