+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: guys would this scare u off?

Quote Originally Posted by mc50 View Post
    Wait. It's too soon, for one thing. Give it 9 months to a year. If HE hasn't said it by then, you may have a problem. Relax and enjoy for now!
    That sounds good to me, keep us posted!
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Ok, so you are worried that by telling him you love him, he will freak out and leave you. Do you really need him to say it back? Just say it, love him to love him. If you need him to say it back, then you are just looking outside yourself for reasons to love him....and that means that you don't love him.

If you are trying to keep him happy, try reading this, it may help:

On the second thought, I realized I should not post a spam link to a questionable site so the mods don't get mad
    Last edited by Mish; 28-07-09 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringRomeo94 View Post
    Ok, so you are worried that by telling him you love him, he will freak out and leave you. Do you really need him to say it back? Just say it, love him to love him. If you need him to say it back, then you are just looking outside yourself for reasons to love him....and that means that you don't love him.

If you are trying to keep him happy, try reading this, it may help:

On the second thought, I realized I should not post a spam link to a questionable site so the mods don't get mad
    Actually, I would be hurt if someone I said I loved didn't say I love you back to me. To me, that would show that they don't care about me as much as I care about them. It would show that we are not on the same page.

You could copy and paste the information without giving the link saying this useful information that you found and might help.
    Hope I helped!
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What a bunch of sour-pusses! They aren't "just words" the first time you say them! That comes later.

If you are 90% sure he loves you, then ask him: do you love me? If he doesn't, he will hem and haw about it. If he does, he will either say yes, or he will ask you if you love him (and then you can just say yes).

Or you could do what my nosey sister did - she asked my (then) boyfriend at a family dinner if he loved her sister...

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    What a bunch of sour-pusses! They aren't "just words" the first time you say them! That comes later.

If you are 90% sure he loves you, then ask him: do you love me? If he doesn't, he will hem and haw about it. If he does, he will either say yes, or he will ask you if you love him (and then you can just say yes).

Or you could do what my nosey sister did - she asked my (then) boyfriend at a family dinner if he loved her sister...
    I agree. I kind of regret saying words are just words. I think I was in a bad mood. Sorry about my first reply on this thread. I had to think about it some.

It's your choice to get hung up on the little things but they'll stress you out for absolutely no purpose. Love is just word, it's what the word implies that counts. How do you know if he says it back that its genuine anyway?
    Precious and fragile things
    Need special handling
    My god, what have we done to you?

It will happen when it happens. Usually after love is already being shown, then it will become said.

Maybe I'm naive but if I know that I know that I love someone I'll tell her. Once a girl said it to me and I didn't feel it so I didn't say it back. But I also wasn't scared off.
    Mr Darcy confessed his feelings for Elizabeth saying "disguise of every sort is my abhorrence". I couldn't agree more.

Sweetie don't worry, it's not something that should scare a guy off. And if it does, then he is hardly a man then! NEVER EVER say "I love you" to hear them said back to you. That is a big no-no. If you are at that stage when you genuinely believe it is 'love' you feel him, then by all means tell him! It doesn't matter how long it takes him, whether it's in a week, month or year - he will tell you when he is ready. Trust me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12