+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you mind if your bf/gf hangs out with the opposite sex alone?

Quote Originally Posted by XyOh View Post
    I find it silly to be in a relationship where the person you're with doesn't trust the decisions and actions you make as a participating adult. The type of boundaries being described here are a result of insecurities and your partner is fully capable of easing these insecurities with simple communication and affection. I do believe this can produce popular results since I've been with men that had described themselves as jealous and I was still able to keep our relationships happy and restriction free.

Cheating happens and preventative measures such as these only give people the illusion of control. There's no point to it. The bottom line comes to trust and if you don't trust your partner, there is no relationship. I think it's sad that people would rather believe that when someone says, "This method has worked for me in multiple relationships and I've never had a problem," then the response is, "Well, that's just you."

I have a tendency to completely trust my partners. If that person cheats (and yes, I've been cheated on before), I opt to break up with them. I prefer not to indulge in a relationship where I can't give my trust fully.

Trust has nothing to do with it. Its about using your brain and acknowledging that s**t happens. You dont realize the number of posts we get here about opposite sex friends causing issues, confusion, insecurity, emotional affairs, jealousy, breakups, divorce.. it happens all the time. Relationships have their ups and downs, long term couples go through rough patches-most if the time these rough patches could be overcome and the relationship saved but then one of them confides in an opposite sex friend, leans on them for emotional support, feelings develop-couple breaks up-rebound relationship begins with friend.. a month later they regret it all.

You dont know what your even talking about. Its not about trust. Its about ensuring you protect your relationship from all the shit that could happen. Giving the couple a better chance of long term success. If everyone understood this then there would be a lot less divorce

plus if you spend that much time with your male friends practically dating them (and yes movie night alone hugging is dating) then what is the difference between them and your bf?? Apart from sex? There should be other differences. My bf is my best friend as well as my lover

I also trust my partner 100% and he trusts me but neither of us would be okay with the other hanging out alone with an opposite sex friend which means we are compatible, share the same boundaries and respect our monogamous union.

I also dont believe none of your exes ever got jealous. Thats laughable
    Last edited by michelle23; 04-06-14 at 06:07 AM.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Yes and no... If he has known them longer than me, no.. if he hasn't sometimes yes, because why can't I go along too would be my first thought. Would depend on how jealous it would make me atm, normally I am not very jealous and like to do my own things too but I def don't hang off any male friends or kiss them, or do anything inappropriate so if my partner acted similar to me I would have no reason to be jealous.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.”

I find it a bit strange that so many people have this problem. I've never had a boyfriend that would hang out with girls but with their male friends. Unless it was work related or something similar I'd find it inappropriate and I would either doubt of their faithfulness or their inability to have friends of their own gender. In both cases I would be disappointed. I'd prefer a thousand times more a loner than a guy who hangs out with female friends.

Quote Originally Posted by northernli View Post
    Do you mind if your bf/gf hangs out with the opposite sex alone?
    Uhm, yeah I do. My BF wouldn't like it either. I trust no bitch "so called friends" around mine, and alone? Yeah right. I don't have to have a reason. If I'm not comfortable with it. Don't do it. End of story and I have the same respect for him. It's not insecurity and so what if is. Smart people know where these things lead up to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12