+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dropped off in the middle of nowhere...

King Zarathu Guest
    The mountains in Lebanon are hardcore, I go every summer. Love it.

He's called three times and LOVING IT! The first couple of times he came across wild pigs, second time as well. Said he'd come within 10 yrds of them and they were pretty big. Freaked him a little, but it was great. Then the third time he set up his camp, ok his hammock like 4 feet up. Two deer had walked right by him, didnt even see him while he was up there.

Im excited for him, he's having a blast! Chris is so into things like this, he took a hiking trip with waders through the Everglades a few years ago, that I know I wont do, ah hell no.

I would be totally freaking out right now, its dark and who knows whats out there...

I give people a lot of credit for doing things like this, not my cup of tea, but definetly balls!!!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Yes, his cup of balls runneth over. Aren't you glad he doesn't try to get you to go along?

Girl you are NOT kidding! He froze his butt off lastnight. Im just laughing, but he's having a great time. He heard alot of strange things but hey his cup of tea, not mine. He's fully aware I wouldnt do it.

I think its great anyone who does this kinda thing, one with nature!

Squirley, I always take these two things on all my hikes
    [url]http://www.nightowlgps.com/garmin/products/Rino-120.html[/url]
    so I won't get lost.
    [url]http://www.counterassault.com/[/url]
    i don't come across bears, but cougars are out here, and you just never really know what the hell is out here!

Carp~I know he has a GPS with him! Its a great tool. I mentioned to him yesterday prior to dropping him off he should've bought some deer piss and sprayed it on him! That would've been interesting!

Wheres the scariest or greatest place you've hiked? He'd like to hit the Applachian's next.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrley
    Carp~I know he has a GPS with him! Its a great tool. I mentioned to him yesterday prior to dropping him off he should've bought some deer piss and sprayed it on him! That would've been interesting!

Wheres the scariest or greatest place you've hiked? He'd like to hit the Applachian's next.
    Has he read A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson? It's about the AT.

Hmmm...he's a HUGE reader and I dont remember him mentioning it. But I'll be sure to mention it to him. Thanks!!!

The most remote, vast, and kinda eery spot I've been is Glacier National Park in Montana, they call it a park, but its a total forest (over a 1 million acres)..you could hike into Canada from there and no one would ever know. Its awsewome for mountain biking and fly fishing. Alot of brook trout here, and very fresh.

My favorite though is Boggs Mountain State Forest in california.

Thats cool that he called you.

Im so glad youre telling me about these places, I can tell him about it. In a couple of years as I mentioned were going to venture the US and Im SURE these places he's going to want to look into! Thanks Carp.

Have you ever ran across an animal and got freaked or anything? Hey did you see the Bud commercial with the 2 guys hiking, and they ran into a bear? OMFG hilarious!!!

Yeah I walked right up on a bull moose once, I was with one friend and we were talking loud and we walked right up on him and he was pissed!!!!! We climbed up trees and waited for 2 hours!!!!!!

Those things are intimidating, and they will charge.
    Hey, you should go some of these places with him!

That's EXACLTY WHY I wont go to these places. I was charged by a wild boar when I was a kid, last time I did anything like it! The Everglades now has huge pythons like over 8 ft that people let loose in there because they got too big, and uh yea alligators and pythons eating one another and exploding, true story. Hence you wont catch me walking in that scary stuff!

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrley
    He's called three times and LOVING IT!
    Okay so I guess it was just a bluff when he said he had no way of contacting you?

carp - I always knew you were hardcore, man.

Nah, we had to some of way of contact just in case. My cell doesnt get service out there and his does. And thank Goodness, he called today, I had to get him. The water wells which are specifically for those long hikers were DRY. He ran out of water. I HAD to get him today. He's burnt, tired, full of blisters, but he's ticked he had to come in early. At least he knows what to do for next time!

Overall, his experience was great and cant wait to do it again!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    Obviously he has no kids or responsibilities; IMO, sounds like a very selfish thing to do.
    Yeah, time to yourself is selfish.

He should be ashamed.

Shame shame.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast