+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you forgive your bf if he hit you?

No! thats all ther eis to it there is no gray area here and second chances dont apply here especially with the word drunk in the equation. Kinda of scary actually.

You dont recover easily from some guy hitting you even if you think he loves you. You may experince many other things after if you try to repair a realtionship or a nose that he gave you. Things get worse. Hes not worth it but you are. Treat yourself that way. Be bold and go.

dont be afraid of the emotional pain you experience when you leave, just think of the pain you will endure if you stay
    Last edited by blue; 05-05-07 at 05:23 AM. Reason: woops
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

NO,hes drunk,being drunk has cognitive effects but he was conscious so he knows what he was doing when he hit you.Do not forgive him.
    "In 96 hours, Jack Bauer has killed 93 terrorists and saved the world 4 times. What the **** have you done with your life?"

I have too much pride in myself to tolerate any harms toward me.

There is no excuse. If he hits you, it's over.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Hi

This is interesting because I've been through the same thing with my ex-BF. He hit me once in a restaurant (sober) because I put extra spice in his soup. I forgave him and while he never hit me again, he was emotionally abusive. I think it's a gene. Once, someone is violent/abusive, he doesn't get over it. Different situations may trigger it. It all depends how much you like him.

Quote Originally Posted by ladybug View Post
    It all depends how much you like him.
    Ummm, no it doesn't. So if you like him more that means you should put up with it? wtf kind of thinking is that? that shit will get you on the Jerry Springer show in a snap.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

You deserve what you settle for. It is in no way forgivable to hit someone, anyone. (That also means if a girlfriend hits her boyfriend, even if she is in no way a physical threat to him.) It's unacceptable and should not be tolerated.
    Spammer Spanker

I've had problems before. I think everyone has had problems before at some point or another. I know, personally, I never felt the need to hit anyone to make them better.

Don't cover for him. Don't say, "He's not a bad guy, he just . . .", because he IS. If he can hit you, whether he's drunk or not, or having problems, then he's not a GOOD guy. He may not be a howling, red-eyed demon from beyond, but he's certainly bad news if his way of dealing with problems is to get physical.

He crossed a huge line. He needs to lose you, mainly for YOUR sake, but maybe in the process, he'll learn to put away the booze and handle his problems like a man instead of a child.
    [SIGPIC]http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2509/glyphmb9.jpg[/SIGPIC]

thanks for all the advice guys. have broken up with him now and had my friends with me so it wasnt so bad. will still see him about, but my friends will look out for me so should be ok. think he'll be ok with it cus he seems to realise he has a problem now. he says he wants me back and he'll cut the drink out, but i didnt really know what to say to that. think i'll just have to wait and see what happens.

thanks again,

anachronistic Guest
    if you really love someone, you'd never hit them.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    if you really love someone, you'd never hit them.
    You said that perfectly lilwing

Do not take him back

lilwing is a rapist, don't listen to him.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    lilwing is a rapist, don't listen to him.
    Well aren't you just a charming fella

good for you now the 2nd part to this is to stand your ground if you have read the above post most were started by my EX did ...........

YOUR EXES ARE YOUR EXES FOR A REAON!!! Someone here told me that a while ago. Where is illusional these days?
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Where is illusional these days?
    He is under my desk, painting my toenails pink.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast