+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do girls want only money?

For myself I would & have never gone just for money. However my man does have to have a job, he needs to support himself as well as I can support myself.

In living together now, we support each other working our jobs. I will never support a guy that doesn't have a job, if he can walk, talk, breathe, he can work. I'm glad my man likes to work & wants to be busy & help us to build our future together.

Men who flaunt money and wave it under women's noses tend to attract a certain type of woman. Each party gets what they deserve, imo.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

A good friend of my girlfriend had been dating a "regular" guy for 6 years, since they were 16 or something, and he was a really nice dude, still sticks around to help her out since they broke up about a year ago, while he was doing his masters in mechanical engineering.

So she met this fella who's got a rich mother, just six months ago, and now she loves to brag about going here and there and got engaged with him after 5 months.

I just grin about it, because I know that the guy doesn't know shit because his mom has paved the way for him, and that down the line she'd might realize what a douche such a guy can be.

Oooh...first proper post.

Some certainly do. But it's the same with men, too. There are greedy members of both sex!

Kevin

Girls instinctively want what they do not already possess.

The good news is that it can be self regulated and controlled by many of them.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yes and no. it depends on the situation and the girl. basically when a man has a lot of money like tiger, and he meets a broke chick like the many that he fuct, it's only obvious why she would get into bed with him.

now take a couple who hasn't been eachother in a few years and are ex's. they feel a spark because of something that they once possessed, yet one of them is married. they are going to sleep together purely because of the emotional bond that they want to reconcile. it varies from situation to situation.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Most women I know just want a man to be a financial equal so that:

a. She doesn't end up having to support him. Grown women are not looking for a guy that needs mommying.
    b. It's getting harder and harder to live on a single-family income these days, especially if you want to raise a family.

As for women looking for gazillionares? There are golddiggers out there for sure. But Tiger Woods is especially exposed to these types of women. I have a problem with people using celebrities' lives as a barometer for how people are. Their lives are not normal.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

I wouldn't want my girlfriend to be financially dependent on myself. Maybe it wouldn't bother some guys, but I'd like her to be fully functional on her own, because I see that as a sign of her character and personality.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i'd like to work to support my children, not my wife.

raverboy

Quote Originally Posted by petesteyn View Post
    Do girls want only money? After the Tiger Woods scandal I have been wondering if money is what the girls are really after. Simply putting, when a girl knows that a guy is married, why would she sill go to bed with him? And how else would one explain a rich nerd going out with the hotttest girl on the block?
    Yes! Every single one of them!

Don't believe the girl who marries a poor 7/11 worker, she's really just waiting for him to strike it big so she can take him to the cleaners!
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I guess I am the ONLY "gold digger" posting on these boards.

I would NOT have married a poor man. It was VERY important to me to stay home and raise my own babies, and so I married a man who could support us while I did that. Now that the kids are older, I am working.

And no, I do NOT apologize for caring about income. I think every woman who wants to raise children should care about income (unless you are 16). Love doesn't pay the bills, and kids cost a lot of money, particularly if you want them to be educated.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    see, i'd marry a poor woman, but i'd have a prenuptial agreement just in case shit turns bad.

raverboy

I wud go a little further still and say all women love money and money is their priority. But my problem is not tat. my problem is why do they have to be hypocrite all the time and say they are luking for humurous, chivalrous blah blah blah men. Why can't they just say they want money, that is it.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    that's not being a hypocrite son, that's beating around the bush.

You are not the only gold digger. LOL! I wouldn't even call that gold digger. That's just being smart and making wise decisions. I would not be interested in a long term relationship with any man who wasn't capable of financially supporting me. However I also believe that if I want to shop around and spend loads of money... I should have my own income to do as I please with, contribute and build with.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast