+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scott Pilgrim is Dating a High-Schooler

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    As the mother of a teenage daughter, I wouldn't allow it. Even if you are emotionally immature, you are sexually mature, and 15 year old girls are no match.
    Haha well she's had at least 7 sex partners to my 1...so I'm not sure about that. I think the bigger issue would be that we are in different stages of life

I was 17 when I started dating my then 23 year old ex boyfriend. Granted, I was just a few months off from being 18. 17 and 16 is a huuuuuge difference. The reason why we're giving you flack about this, is because we remember being 16, and how our FRIENDS were when they were 16. You're basically in a black tunnel with nothing but a fisher price merry go-round to give you some sort of light. At 20 you have SOME sense of direction. I know at 21, I'm nowhere near the mental capacity that I was at 16. I have some sense of direction now.

I have a friend who just turned 27. He's a big kid, loves video games, loves cotton candy colors, Hello kitty and Power rangers. He painted glow in the dark stars on his ceiling, and he has Mario posters on his walls, and Star Wars towels in his bathroom.
    He started dating his girlfriend when she was 17. She's now 18. Just because you have a child like mentality, doesn't make it right. At the end of the day you are a man to her child. I don't care how many sexual partners she's had, I don't care if she is an orphan, I don't care if she had to raise her ten brothers and sisters while her parents wrecked themselves on heroine and cocaine. Deep inside, beneath the mature get-up, she's still a child. It could only end up with you being hurt, or she being hurt, if not the both of you.

And I think you trying to get with a 16 year old, says something about you, and it's not positive. It's ok to like video games, and skateboarding. Hell, I like that stuff too. But at the end of the day you are an adult, and must treat yourself as such. It's OK to grow up.

let it alone...just as i told my buddy let along the 17 yo hes dating and shes gonna be 24 soon! just let shit go if its under 18 jeeze!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by tjtigers14 View Post
    Haha well she's had at least 7 sex partners to my 1...so I'm not sure about that. I think the bigger issue would be that we are in different stages of life
    The fact that she has had so many partners at such a young age is not indicative of maturity. Rather, it is indicative of a young girl who is looking to be loved in inappropriate ways.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by warriormaiden View Post

I have a friend who just turned 27. He's a big kid, loves video games, loves cotton candy colors, Hello kitty and Power rangers. He painted glow in the dark stars on his ceiling, and he has Mario posters on his walls, and Star Wars towels in his bathroom.
    He started dating his girlfriend when she was 17. She's now 18. Just because you have a child like mentality, doesn't make it right.
    27. God. This is our future? That's depressing.

And I think you trying to get with a 16 year old, says something about you, and it's not positive. It's ok to like video games, and skateboarding. Hell, I like that stuff too. But at the end of the day you are an adult, and must treat yourself as such. It's OK to grow up.
    Good sense from a 21 year old. Who was dating a 23 year old at 17 tho. Oi vey.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Thanks everybody, I must have asked because I knew it wasn't really okay with me but I wanted some kind of permission. But yeah I need to be focused on working more and getting my career going, not a Junior in high school. I appreciate those that gave advice in a reasonable and non-judgmental way.

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    The fact that she has had so many partners at such a young age is not indicative of maturity. Rather, it is indicative of a young girl who is looking to be loved in inappropriate ways.
    This is very true.

It all depends on the situation.

My major LT relationship so far, was with a guy five years older than me. Having said that, I was halfway through university when we met (19), and perhaps mature for my age.

One thing to keep in mind; she might not necessarily have the maturity to deal with a breakup. These things can seem of enormous proportions to someone that young, so be careful (i.e. when they're that young... it's the pottery barn rule.. don't break her heart!)

wlboy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12