+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you a X-Box, PS2 or a GC person?

I'm very computer literate and have toyed around with the idea of getting linux, but not made any trials or commitment yet. Main reason is that I don't really see the "NEED" for linux. I know it's the 'safest' system around (as far as hackers and stuff go), but I don't get people trying to hack. And I know it's virtually crash-proof (or rather anything non-MS is), but I don't crash all that often with MS so I don't worry about it too much.

I've thought about it, but based on the whole weighing the "cost vs benefit" thing, I don't see that many 'benefits' that would warrant me downloading, installing, learning, and converting everything to a linux format.

Alexi

PS - Yes I know I could use a 'dual-boot' system and keep everything in windows while only using linux little by little and learning it little by little, but like I said before, I don't see the point to using it AT ALL. Not for me, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk_T_Strife
    its DVD player licks my right nut and it has become a little dated for me.
    Attractive description Zekk! lol
    My favorite system ever was the Dreamcast but my favorite of the three is Gamecube all the way
    I'm with ya there Zekk. I loved those Sega commercials. SEGA!!!!! I have ALL the Nintendo systems, not including the hand helds. I have game boy, game boy colour and game boy advance, but I MUCH prefer playing on the CG console. I think the SP would be better though; just haven't broke down and bought it yet. After seeing the DS though, I may hold out for THAT one. It looks AWESOME!!! I still play a lot of N64 games too. I AM into the "cartoony" ones with Mario and the like. Love the puzzle games too, but I have played LOTR a couple times. Frustrating as hell!!! lol I much prefer the platform games, but the Zelda games are very interesting. I have played PS2 at a friends house and it was fine. I really didn't notice much of a difference from the Cube. I tried XBox in the store, but I just don't like the game selection. I'm a sissy when it comes to games. lol

I'm a web designer, so all these coding terms and operating systems can be rather dull. You can actually incorporate Linux onto your own system (having Linux and Windows running on the same system). Its somewhat complicated to explain so I won't bore you with it. Although Windows can be a pain, its easier then having to do all the coding thats involved with the Linux operating system.

Now, Back to topic....

PS2 baby!!!! My fav games to play right now are Grand Theft Auto -Vice City and Manhunt. Crazy games!!

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i'm a "i don't have time to play video games cuz i'm busy working and drinking" type of person. the last system that i bought was the super nintendo, and my friend practically gave me his ps1. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Hey how come Atari isnt a choice?
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

I think I'm on the computer more completeing school work then I am for actually playing games. But whenever I get the chance its nice to relax and kill someone. lol

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by squirrley
    LMAO girl!!! Didn't they do Space Invaders? That game kicked ass!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrley
    What about commodore 64? HELL YEAH!

It wasn't a choice because there aren't debates over classics, they're just that....classics. This is a debate over which next gen system is on the cutting edge and doing the greatest. I am SOOOOOO glad to hear no one pumping up the XBox. Anyone who is all about it is just a very casual (horrible) gamer who knows nothing of consoles.
    Heit ist mein taug.

I actually love the Xbox Zekk. Sorry to burst your bubble. Although you're right, I am just the casual gamer. But I believe while the Xbox has few and far between great games, those games are virtually UNTOUCHABLE. Halo? Project Gotham? Dead or Alive (love or hate, I love) etc. I only own three games. But I love them to death. And that's all I need to survive in this world as I'm not really a gamer but only do it on my spare time.

Alexi

Have Halo, love Halo, I wish I could link up a few consoles and play it but no one I know has it. Hated Project Gotham with a passion. Just poorly made. Not a fan of DOA either. After playing the worlds most perfect fighting game (Soul Calibur) I can't seem to get into the other super blocky games that are out there, they just aren't as fluid. Soul Calibur 2 isn't as good as Soul Calibur but it's still pretty decent.
    Heit ist mein taug.

i am for PS2 also because of final fantasy...but all the ps2 games lately have been garbage...sorry to say but ps2 is coming out with really bad games. manhunt is an exception. any game on the ps2 can be imported to the gc or xbox...most games...but the games on the ps2 do not have quality in them anymore. gamecube has cartoonish games true, but their games have good quality material...xbox has hardly any games but they kick ass in graphics...you need to own an xbox to know the power it has...but also you don't know what the xbox is capable of until you play and beat ninja gaiden! this game ain't no joke. it's one of my favorite games at the moment, probably ever. all three systems hold their own. gamecube has resident evil...not cartoony at all...wait for resident evil 4 to come out...xbox is coming out with halo 2...also a kick ass game...the ps2 is coming out with gran turismo 4...it's going to be a blast...also means less studying...uh oh...
    but ya i like the xbox currently...
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

The most looked forward to game on XBox right now is Halo 2 followed closely by Fable. The new GTA is coming out for PS2 so that's something to look forward to (sorry but Gran Turismo isn't very entertaining to me). True, Gamecube has the Resident Evils and 4 is on the way, but seriously, you have to see Eternal Darkness. So it's a completely immersive and dark story with very nice graphics and get this....there is NO LOAD TIME EVER!!!! You play through the whole game and it's seamless, there is no pause to load anything, it constantly loads while you play. And to be honest the XBox has a lot of power but has no clue how to use it. Play the remake of Resident Evil 1 on Gamecube and tell me ANY game that measures up to that and I'll be impressed. There were moments in that game where I would stop playing and just look (and usually eat it while I stood in awe).
    Heit ist mein taug.

True, yeah Resi evil one has good graphics but itsnt a challenge. I found that game really easy to complete. yeah im with panda, i only bought PS2 because of final fantasy. Mind you though i thought FFX-2 Sucked. ITs so short! so easy to train you characters. *Sigh* there need to be more competitive games out there!
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by sfalexi
    What about commodore 64? HELL YEAH!
    I thought that was just a myth.........

Isn't Final Fantasy for the PS2 a turn base RPG? I don't enjoy those. I'd like to just run in and kick their ass! I don't enjoy most of the Adventure games either. I absolutely HATE those stupid bubbles that pop up when you meet someone. Yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah, lets just get on with the fighting, shall we? I've seen Resident Evil but the graphics just FREAK me out man! Those dogs that look like they don't have skin, you just see their muscle? oh.....creeeeeepy! Anyone tried Tomb Raider?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast