+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are there any ladies out there who are as superficial as some guys? read on please

Quote Originally Posted by haxan View Post
    Oh ya, he's horrible looking !! hahaha
    That's the saying us girls have....OK looking from the neck down.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    So sad you are so narrow minded about what attracts women. Sure there will some women that will find a roid boy attractive, and fall over themselves to be with them, hell I saw it all the time at the club I worked at with the bouncers. I did not stipulate that all guys that look like that are losers, just the ones I met, so there was insult directed at you. You are missing my point, not all women find that appealing is what I'm saying. Personally I'm NOT particularly attracted to that and women are not so "typical" like you guys like to think we are. My point is that there is hope for guys out there that don't have the body builder look or GQ look. Women go by some of the physical, but what really attracts us is a positive, confident personality. I have seen the ugliest, balding smelly guy land himself one of the most beautiful woman I have ever met. She was very sweet, and the guys around her just melted. It was quit a stir when word got out they were dating lol. I blamed it on her wearing beer goggles lol.
    I don't know what attracts women? Smackie, Smackie, Smackie. First off, the guy in the pic is not a 'roid boy'. To put him at the same height as me (6 ft) I can tell you his weight is about 200-215 max. Professional bodybuilder at the same height (250-280), with less bodyfat. HUGE difference.

Not all women find this man's physique appealing = complete and total b/s. EVERYTHING else being equal, 100 out of 100 men and women if given the choice between taking their s/o with a great bod or with no bod, will take the great bod. It's like offering you two identical cars to buy mechanically, however one has a pristine finish and one is drab or rusted out. No one in their right mind will take the lesser. It shows someone who takes pride in their appearance, who takes care of themselves.

I don't know anyone from MY past who was a big, muscular guy that was an idiot or jerk. Did some of them get a ton of opportunity from women. Absolutely. Were all of them players, no. But like Joe Namath said, it's almost un-american for a guy to not spend some time with a lady friend :-) My friends from back then were an architect, who yes, had plenty of good times, an attorney who just passed the bar, and later on in life got bored with that, went to med school and is now a physician at Cleveland Clinic, and a family man who's been married for 30 years, raised 2 great kids and is the kindest man I've ever known. Me, I was a relationship guy, but sewed my oats in between them, found the right one and have been married for nearly 12 years.

Are there guys/bodybuilder types who are egotistical jerks? Of course. I work with a 5'6 guy that looks like a troll who is an arrogant a-hole and constanty hits on the women who work with us, and is married. I know, because they complain to me and make constant fun of him, yet he thinks he's got it going on. So it's all types that are capable of being jerks, I think it just stands out when the stereotype (which it is, and which you re-enforced) lives up to it's reputation.

So, here's Smackie, given 2 identical men to choose from, kind, caring, compassionate, great sense of humor, a good provider, taking the one with the beer belly and no musculature because she just doesn't like that type. And Haxan, given the choice between 2 identical women who are sweet, intelligent, sensual and fun to be with, going against the grain and taking the one who is fit and takes care of her appearance. Ridiculous, right? :-)
    Last edited by haxan; 23-06-12 at 08:56 AM.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

The poster of this thread thinks it's his appearance is what is holding him back......no it's his shitty attitude. I only used my example of muscular guy becoming an ugly person is because he had a shitty attitude as soon as he started ranting negative things at me and my GF. I didn't mean that all muscular guys are jerks. I meant you can look good all you want on the outside, but if you have a crappy attitude you will not get that far BUT if you have confidence, are fun and easy to get along with, your chances are better even if you don't lift weights. Attractiveness can be achieved without hitting the gym.

Anyways, I know there are women who prefer a guy other than being with a buffy boy and that's me included. If I had to choose between Ed China and that model, it would be Ed hands down......Ed is totally hot in my eyes, and a lot of other women's eyes too.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Anyways, I know there are women who prefer a guy other than being with a buffy boy and that's me included
    Why is that? I think that's odd. I'd prefer a woman who had all of the other attributes I look for to have a slim curvy figure, supple pert breasts and a firm round ass. I couldn't make a conscious decision to purposely want her overweight with saggy breasts and flat ass. Doesn't make any sense at all. I choose a woman on other attributes, but a physical hottie is a bonus.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Talk about stereotype ! I can't even believe Indi would second that :-P :-D
    Okay, but I bet you never posed for a camera like that either. I guess that's what turns me off. I can't help but imagine the psychology of someone who poses for photos like that. Unless it was for charity (like the firefighters calendar, lol), I'd be heading for the door if a guy showed me this pic. On the other hand, if I met him at a museum or conference, I'm sure he would seem quite different.

I don't suppose guys would have an issue with a woman posing for a camera like that? A swimsuit calendar pic would be perfectly fine and make you think "okay, this is the future mother of my children"? :-P
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Okay, but I bet you never posed for a camera like that either. I guess that's what turns me off. I can't help but imagine the psychology of someone who poses for photos like that. Unless it was for charity (like the firefighters calendar, lol), I'd be heading for the door if a guy showed me this pic. On the other hand, if I met him at a museum or conference, I'm sure he would seem quite different.

I don't suppose guys would have an issue with a woman posing for a camera like that? A swimsuit calendar pic would be perfectly fine and make you think "okay, this is the future mother of my children"? :-P
    Well ya, the lame modeling I can see not only as a turn-off, but a red flag also. And no, that goes both ways ! :-P I'd much rather be pleasantly surprised in person than see a portfolio :-) It's like the sweet, smart, nerdy (on the inside) girl with the bonus package ;-)

I actually came across a pretty good looking f/f recently, looked in fairly good shape, too. Ya, you crossed my mind :-~

Hey Smackie, this is the origin of the human race (well, according to Ridley Scott anyway). Thought you might like his build :-)

Attachment 1467

Btw, Prometheus was a really good movie, you'd probably like it Indi.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I actually came across a pretty good looking f/f recently, looked in fairly good shape, too. Ya, you crossed my mind :-~
    What's an f/f?

Btw, Prometheus was a really good movie, you'd probably like it Indi.
    Sounds like. My son wanted to take his dad for father's day... so I made that happen instead. I'll probably wait for the DVD (unless a handsome firefighter asks me to go, then I might say yes)
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

What's an f/f?
    LOL, A firefighter !! :-D

I'll probably wait for the DVD (unless a handsome firefighter asks me to go, then I might say yes)
    I think you'll get the DVD first :-) 'Not' because you wouldn't get asked, for sure, it's the handsome firefighter part that might take awhile :-)

It depends on the woman, and with that specific woman, it depends on the guy that she is involved with, what frame of mind she is in, etc. It is not a blanket answer but from personal experience, if I am not attracted to the guy he will start getting on my nerves after a while, real talk.
    </-snip->

There is definitely a chance. I know plenty of women who are beautiful and their men...not so much. I am an attractive woman and have dated models and also men who were 6 inches shorter than me (I am 5'9) and even dated a guy with tattoos down his arms and a nose-ring. What made these things work? There was "something" about those men that intrigued me, whether is was a little accent, or an artisitic side. Whatever. It's not always about looks, it's about finding a little spark in there or an intrigue about something. Smell good too. I know it sounds weird, but a good smelling man is more attractive to me than a supermodel who has funky breath or doesn't shower. Good luck

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL, A firefighter !! :-D
    Geeze, what a blonde moment for me. LOL. I'm not btw (blonde). Actually, I've been watching this Continuum show recently (on iTunes). Do you get it in the US?

[url]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1954347/[/url]
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Geeze, what a blonde moment for me. LOL. I'm not btw (blonde). Actually, I've been watching this Continuum show recently (on iTunes). Do you get it in the US?

[url]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1954347/[/url]
    Maybe you had highlights at some point that stuck with you :-D Hmm, that show's not on my cable provider guide, maybe it's exclusive to Canada? I think it's pretty cool when they're filmed on location, it adds a different dynamic (I kind of like Burn Notice for that reason). Looked at some of the pics, that's a pretty sleek looking outfit she wears, with the thigh holster and all ;-)

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Its on iTunes. I watch shows from there or Netflix. I don't have cable.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I looked at Netflix as an alternative. It seemed you could only watch it on 1 tv at a time, even if you had it hooked up to multiple tv's? Maybe I didn't grasp the concept of it.

I've been frustrated at finding a better alternative than bundling everything together, which is what AT&T or Comcast kind of scam you into where I'm at. I feel like this: :-P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast