+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Like a kick to the stomach

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Funnier still that my reputation is pretty good!

But you are right: I don't specialize in limiting myself to telling people only what they want to hear. Sorry.

Ooooh....wowwy! 14,000+ posts on a message board. You are SO cool. I've been busy with my own real life relationships/friendships, thanks. I guess maybe you try to live by the "Those who can't, teach" motto although it seems you have twisted it to "Those who can't, cuts everyone else down" who chooses to post.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Sounds to me like he's not over his divorce and probably shouldn't be dating anyone until he's worked through it.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Before attacking the original poster maybe we should consider somethings:

1. It doesn't seem like the OP is taking this relationship lightly. To me it seems like she hopes it has potential for the long hall.

2. They are her boyfriends kids. It is his responsibility to determine "I love this woman. This relationship is serious and could lead to marriage. I want her to meet my children to see if they get along." It is his responsibility (and his alone) to introduce the right potential parenting relationship to his kids.

That being said I think her boyfriend is being irresponsible. It does indeed sound like he has strong feelings for the ex. If that's the case he should have not introduced the OP into the lives of his children. That was bad form on his part, not the OP.

I agree with the advice that the original poster should talk to her bf about the relationship he plans on having with his ex. If it's not something she can handle she needs to exit stage left now before more damage is done to the innocent bystanders (kids). This conversation should have been had before she met the kids, but that's not her fault. It's just the way life works sometimes.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenofCorona View Post
    Ooooh....wowwy! 14,000+ posts on a message board. You are SO cool. I've been busy with my own real life relationships/friendships, thanks. I guess maybe you try to live by the "Those who can't, teach" motto although it seems you have twisted it to "Those who can't, cuts everyone else down" who chooses to post.
    (yawn) Was that really the best you could come up with? SOOOO unoriginal.

BTW - because you are apparently didn't bother investigating, I am married with kids and step kids. So yeah - I have a LOT more experience than you do. You would do better for yourself by trying to learn something instead of becoming defensive and making stupid assumptions that someone who doesn't post advice you like must not have any real life relationships.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12