+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is looking at other women wrong?

really??? i'm guessing your refering to what's in his pockets then??? or his trust fund???
    haha so true
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Cybog
    haha so true
    well... i don't wanna scare all the men out there and know that i'm the reason they've all turned gay...

no no....

there are still alot of women out there who aren't like this at all...
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

haha...

i think all generalizations have to stop..
    "Ogres are like onions."

It's amazing what a little make up sex can do. ;-) I think it's safe to say we've reached a mature solution. Thanks, all!

Haha, what a funny thread

I agree, i think it all comes down to balance. I mean, you shouldnt be staring and acting like you are in the butched shop becuase you are not single with one of your mates, you are in a relationship with your better half. Acting like that in public with your better other is very very disrespectful and deamining.

BUT

Having said that, you shouldnt be made feel like the world's lowest manwhore each time you are out in public either. One of my exs used to do that. I used to walk in the mall with her past a music shop looking inside to see whats new out just to hear "I saw you", turning around to a squinty eye stare. "I saw you look". Then coming out of the mall i'd be given a giant lecture. "I saw you look at all them women, don't pretend you didn't". After awhile i started to wander if all those women just existed in her head or if i go into a bizzare state of amnesia where i don't recall anything that happened ten minutes before. It would get to a stage where we'd be in the car and she would say "You wouldnt have missed that green light if you weren't looking at the OTHER women". What other women? There aren't any women for miles and miles. "I saw you" - the squinty eye stare... Yes, can get very annoying, especially if you yourself don't even pick up or register doing anything wrong (I'm talking about milliseconds here). I think it is very unhealthy when it gets to that level and it all comes down to insecurities in the end.

"That part is pretty dead on, but I don't think guys have the tenacity to say something so seemingly "Jerry McGuire" to their girls...but yes, that's what we need to hear. To be reassured, basically. " by fenderella

Oooh, i dont know. Each to his/hers own i guees. Yes i can agree to some extent, but then again there are people like my OTHER ex. Who became offended each time i gave her a compliment. That's right, as bizzare as it may sound. It'd be like "Wow you look beautiful tonight", "What? Are you trying to offend me? I should be offended at something like that". OR "You know, you look very pretty", "Huh? You expect me to believe that? You're up to something, i'm not falling for that one"... And it's not like she was ugly or anything, she was very pretty, but not to herself, it was never enough... The more i tried to compliment her and make her feel good about herself the more frustrated she would get and shower me with insults. I even wandered if it was some reverse pshycology thing so at one stage when i couldnt take it anymore i told her "Wow, you look very ugly today", but that made her even more frustrated like "Thanks, as if i didn't know that"... Hey, i'm kinda of glad she dumped me now

Funny thread, keep it going

Respect...

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp
    and just for the record... the typical description of a guy.. by a girl is as follows...

wow.. he's really really hot.. and cute (as if there's a differance).. he's really hard working, has a great job, comes from a great family (again.. all the same thing..) and like wow.. check out this ring he got me..!!! i know right!!! (giggles)
    Pretty generalized for sumone who hates generalizations...no?
    And since you know you cannot see yourself,
    so well as by reflection, I, your glass,
    will modestly discover to yourself,
    that of yourself which you yet know not of.

My guy checks out other chicks, and will openly say "I like that about her," but it's always followed by a "but I don't like THAT about her". I don't see any thing wrong with looking at other people, especially when he balances it out with things like "oh man I bet you'd think that guy was hot". It's such a natural thing, and at the same time, a look is just a look.

In my opinion, it's a matter of trust. A reason why I don't get mad, is because I trust my guy 100%. And also a security thing, that if he's with me, I'm obviously better than these girls. Most girls can't grasp that.

Quote Originally Posted by justonekiss
    My guy checks out other chicks, and will openly say "I like that about her," but it's always followed by a "but I don't like THAT about her". I don't see any thing wrong with looking at other people, especially when he balances it out with things like "oh man I bet you'd think that guy was hot". It's such a natural thing, and at the same time, a look is just a look.

In my opinion, it's a matter of trust. A reason why I don't get mad, is because I trust my guy 100%. And also a security thing, that if he's with me, I'm obviously better than these girls. Most girls can't grasp that.
    ...looking is one thing..but cheking out other girls? The second part of your post is true....but if you are better than these girls and he is with you why would he sit there, check them out and weigh their qualities?
    And since you know you cannot see yourself,
    so well as by reflection, I, your glass,
    will modestly discover to yourself,
    that of yourself which you yet know not of.

I always associated looking at and checking out as the same thing, more or less. When you see a person that looks interesting or attractive at all, the first thing you do is look them up and down.

The reason why he weighs the qualities like that, is because he constantly calls me perfect, and will say only good qualities, and never has a bad quality{this probably sounds completely different than my other posts, but this is more a physical thing than a mental thing}. Yet with every other woman he sees, he always sees a good part, and a bad part. If that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by XPixiedustX
    Pretty generalized for sumone who hates generalizations...no?
    well.. it was ment to be hypercritical...

If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

If you want to know how mundane it really is, see the new Gillette commerical. Nuff said. Men's penis shaped brains can be offensive.

And yes, the post anger make up sex was GREAT!

That's the last post for us here....

Tone Guest
    So glad you guys came on here, fought for a minute, then told us about the sex you had... rrrrrrrright...

It was probably one person with schizophrenia...

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    So glad you guys came on here, fought for a minute, then told us about the sex you had... rrrrrrrright...
    Unfortunately, that's life these days, brother! It's only rock and roll!
    This has all been a wonderful learning experience, thank you all...

Peace!

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    It was probably one person with schizophrenia...
    haha... or some bored 15 year old boy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast