+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did I hurt him or does he just not care?

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Do you know for sure that he's angry? Or are you just assuming it? It could equally be that he just doesn't care.

What is the value of the stuff he's left at your place? Unless he's left expensive electronic equipement behind, it's probably just easier for him to replace the stuff.
    I don't know anything about his state of mind. But if he is not, why not just answer and let things go on as usual?
    I don't think he knows he left stuff with me. Some things are useless I guess like some plain t-shirts that I could probably just throw. But also a couple of shirts I know that he likes very much, and a pair of quite expensive brand jeans. Those things don't feel ok to just throw away without asking. Or at least give some time for him to think out on his own where could they be.

Keeping them won't make him come back, he is done, he has moved on. Just throw his s hit out.

The guy fricken used you...you shouldn't care what he thinks because he doesn't care what you think.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless_girl View Post
    A few hours later I got a text where he told me he hadn't gone on the flight. I replied asking why and he told me he had met a friend on the way, started talking and just missed the flight. Then I got a text asking if I was home that I did not reply to and then he called after another two hours and I did not pick up. I felt scared, hurt and sad and didn't know what to say to him. I didn't want him to stay with me anymore but was afraid I would be weak. I too wanted to get back a bit on him. This was on New year's eve and I didn't hear from him any more after that. I send a text on the 2nd saying I hadn't been home, asking how he was and if he had gotten on a later flight. He has not replied. I now feel very sad about having not answered his call on new year. I don't want to be mean and hurt him. But I also didn't want to be used more by him.
    Oh go ahead and be mean. He used you. Did he pay you anything for being allowed to stay in your place for 2 weeks? I bet not. You saved him hundreds of dollars with your kindness, not to mention your company. Good job not answering the phone when his first choice bailed on him. The guy is a weasel and you know it. Good riddance!
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

He isn't angry at you, he just doesn't care. The reason he doesn't reply to your texts is that he doesn't need anything from you right now, so he doesn't see the point in having to deal with the drama of your feelings for him without even getting anything in return.

He just used you for sex and a place to stay.

The reason he called you when he missed his flight is because he wanted a place to spend the night. You did the right thing by not replying, and you should NOT have contacted him again. No worries - just don't contact him again and if by chance he contacts you (no doubt because he wants something from you again), don't reply.

He is an asshole, clueless_girl. You deserve a lot better.

Since those jeans are expensive, donate them to a charity.

Thank you guys! You have been so helpful! I knew everything of course, but hearing it from you so blunt and naked, has helped to really rewire those f-ing weird thoughts that came to my mind! He might have found my person easy, stupid and not worthy of his respect or liking or whatever, but to be honest, I don't think this guy is capable of having any deeper, meaningful relation to anybody if I think about how he acts (or rather not acts) around his family. It is quite sad even. Poor guy.

And a donation to charity will be placed in early spring for the event of unclaimed goods! Excellent idea, smackie9!

Best Wishes to all of you for the New Year!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12