+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: She can't yet.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Is this someone we all know? Or just you?
    I was actually being sarcastic.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    I was actually being sarcastic.
    Oh, duh! i'm slow today.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    Anyway, I don't think there's ANYTHING "douchey" about not waiting. She wants to maybe date in a year, so next year you can reevaluate the situation, but in that time why would you just sit around and let opportunities pass you by?
    Devotion for the one you love?
    Time to stop complaining when there is no reason to. Life's good, man.

Ok.

But let's face it. Life is short, and people can be real assholes, whether they want to or not. A year from now, when he's been sitting waiting for this girl, and she decides she's finally ready for a relationship - with someone else - will he really sit back and think, "man, I'm glad I decided to wait for her. It was totally worth it"? On the other hand, he could go out, date, and at worst have a year that wasn't wasted on her, at best find a great girl that he likes even more. I don't really see how he stands to lose anything by living rather than waiting around.

Baaaah, you're right.

Love sucks. -_-
    Time to stop complaining when there is no reason to. Life's good, man.

Quote Originally Posted by coco10 View Post
    Dear Mr Wonder...If a girl says that she is not ready to have a boyfriend yet this means that she doesn't love you or at least she is not sure about the way she feels towards you..
    Maybe she didn't want to hurt you by saying it is over..that's why she said she's not ready for a boyfriend...
    In my opinion if you love someone you are ready to do anything just to be with him.
    I think it would be better if you forget about her and look for someone who is ready to be with you no matter what..
    There's a lot of fish in the sea and there must another woman for you.

PS: je comprends le français si tu peux t'exprimer mieux en français qu'en anglais ça sera mieux!
    Ah bon finalement haha, bah faut dire que ma grammaire est pas mieux mais c'est un peu plus facile.

Je veux dire, elle n'est pas prete a avoir aucun copin, moi ou n'importe qui. Je suis sorti avec elle quelques fois, et puis on a failli s'embrasser mais elle etait vraiment trop timide.

Et puis oui je connais c'est proverbe cliche mais a la fin je crois en " you make your own destiny". Ce n'est pas une question de mettre ma vie en attente. En realite je n'ai jamais embrasser une fille et puis c'est la seule fille qui ma jamais vraiment attire. Le probleme c'est qu'elle me dit qu'elle m'aimera toujours l'anne prochaine. Je veux bien y croire mais je sais pas si elle me ment. Quand je l'ai confronte avec sa elle ma juste dit qu'elle se connaissait tres bien et qu'elle savait qu'elle m'aimerais toujours l'anne prochaine

In english,

So to make it short, she told me she loved me but just could not have ANY boyfriend right now. Though I did talk to her about this but she just told me she knew herself and will still love me next yeear if i still talk to her/ hang out with her.

On my end, I do not mind waiting because my life is going really fast right now, I'm starting elite hockey, my years in high school that will count the most therefore everything counts. So in the end I do not really mind but I wonder if she is really being truthful with me.

As for feeling douchy, I do feel bad for saying if i can't be ith you I'm gone. And I simply CANNOT be friend with someone I love its just too much. In french we say there, there is always 2 side to a medal. Meaning I have to do an effort too.

Where I am getting confuse is either she is being totally truthful or not. I can take my decision on waiting really, thats me. But knowing if she is telling me the truth will help me. ( I repeat it again I do not trust girls that much). I could even quote her yelling at me saying " I do not want to be any other guy than you. I am just not ready for something serious yet".

And last thing, to get over her I would need to cut all ties, unfortunatly for me she create false hope ( if they are false) and I am stuck between he middle.

Anyhow thanks guy foryour input. And for my age, please lets just leave that on the side.

May I add a side note, I never have been great with girl, I am a shy guy, so approaching them for me is not my favorite thing. That is why I am saying... even if i dont wait for her I will prolly not have another date before next year anyways.
    Last edited by -=Wonder=-; 19-01-10 at 06:58 AM. Reason: side note.

You're side stepping the age thing. This leads me to believe that the girl is in fact very young and you don't want to admit that you're cradle robbing.

Leave the girl alone and give her a chance to be young and grow up at a natural, healthy pace.

ahaha oh well I am leaving it on the side because I now people who judge easily on age, I am just basing on past experience of my friends. Take it as you want though. and no she is not very young nice try thought

Well at certain stages in life age is incredibly important. A difference of a few years can be staggering.

That's wisdom and experiance speaking, not judgment.

I agree, but life experience also plays a role. It changes from person to person. If i speak from experience, I could say I lost my childhood when I was 6 and was force to learn to be independent at a very early stage in my life.

I think in the end its just how the person had their life. Before using age as a factor, know the person background and the person itself I belive. THEN I will agree if a person gives me good point.

That is why I do not give out her age

Quote Originally Posted by -=Wonder=- View Post
    That is why I do not give out her age
    By not giving out details that people consider to be important, you are forcing us to assume the worst. I.e., that she is 16 and you are 19.

EVERY relationship is different, which is why it all averages out in the end to the point where people can be confident in saying things like "you're too young to get married", "this will look different in a few years", "you need more experience". Feel free to disregard people's advice, or even ask what advice they would give if you WERE a bit older, but you're doing yourself a disservice by not giving us all the information.

Of course That is indeed , true, but I prefer it like this. But as you said, every relationships are different. But in the end if I wait I have to trust her and its not by posting here that it will help me haha. I think I have decided to wait and see; I mean we are old enough to tell the truth to each other if ever its over or anything.

But thanks guys for your input!

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wonder, we will see you in a year. Don't feel bad if someone links this thread and an "I told you so".

Anyone else think it's funny that a little high school girl promises to love him in a year?

No offence Wonder but just asking this question shows your age.

Of course you shouldn't have to wait a whole year to finally find out if she is in the right frame of mind to date you. Get real!

If you were more experienced in the ladies department you'd know that us women like a guy who is no pussy...which means you don't give in to her shit and you stand for yourself.
    Waiting for her won't make you more attractive or sexy in her eyes. As a matter of fact it will make you look like a puppy!!!

Tell her you won't wait around as life does not wait...for all you know you might not even be compatible in bed for a starter...

Enjoy life today and don't stay on the sideline for anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by -=Wonder=- View Post

En realite je n'ai jamais embrasser une fille et puis c'est la seule fille qui ma jamais vraiment attire. Le probleme c'est qu'elle me dit qu'elle m'aimera toujours l'anne prochaine.
    ( I repeat it again I do not trust girls that much).
    Oh dear this is gonna sound like a trial now...but you said you've never kissed a girl but have yet decided that you do not trust women...

You have got some big learning curve ahead Mr Wonder!

I hope you'll take on board people's advice on the forum: it's free and comes with the best intentions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast