+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dog Owners vs Cat Owners

The cat is always the mean one!
    Even in the movies.
    Even in Aesop's Fables. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Dogs if trained can do those things.

I watched a show about how burglars get into houses, and the guy said that dogs rarely pose an issue.

In any case, if I'm that worried about protection, I'll get a cat and a gun.
    my dogs definitely present a problem to a burglar. anyone that would dare come into my house with dogs as big as mine yelling at them deserve what they get.

now if kubla was around he would eat a crack head burglar for a snack, no training needed.

baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Goodness gracious!

Oh and please... please dont post any pictures of cats.
    I'm really serious. Last time someone posted pictures of Fish when I said I was scared of them. I think it was Frasbee. PLEASE... I beg you.. don't post a pic of a cat or fish.

oh man i was right about to post a pic of my bird hunter halloween!

rofl! awh. your cat was dressed up?

i try to look at images of cats but my heart just starts beating way too fast and I start screaming.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Cats aren't so fun to have around and take a hell of a lot more work to train, I believe.

Anyway, I have a dog ... because cats give me super allergies.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

My girlfriend *loves* cats. That's her single childlike trait, and it's adorable. She collects cat things, has shirts with cats on them, kitty stuffed animals, etc. She has a Persian cat, too.

I like cats, too. But I like dogs. Especially wolfdogs.

cats are much more convenient, generally. You can work a full-time job and still get time to train them. If you don't have time for a dog you shouldn't have one. There are no bad dogs just bad owners who train them poorly. When humans have less than eight sets of great grand parents they run the risk of having odd numbers of toes. With dogs they purposefully imbred them so they would be dumber and domesticatable. A smart dog, IMO, is one that's tough to train because they almost ask "what's in it for me?" Hence I prefer mutts. Cute as baby animals are I prefer old cats and old dogs because they're already mellowed out usually. They might have a bit of attitude but I appreciate it. Cats are fun because you can give them a rough time and knock them off their high horse. Medium and big dogs, like a german shephard, are intimidating as a rule whether trained as an attack dog or not. As far as useful goes, little dogs are usually for show or as something to cuddle, not home defense.
    Last edited by Disillusioned; 24-09-09 at 04:58 AM.
    Precious and fragile things
    Need special handling
    My god, what have we done to you?

I have wolf dog, a yorkshire and a pekinese.
    What type of dogs and cats do you all have?
    Again... please don't post any pictures of a cat... unless it's a link because I would hate to scroll down and panic.
    PLEASE <3 Thank you.

Cats are pussies.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i like cats. they are more like women.

but i have a dog.

(sigh)

he's an idiot.

But on topic though, family had a cat in Zambia (ran away when I was a toddler), we had a cross-breed of a german shepherd in Uganda which was nice and active (neighbours took care of her when we had to leave), two cats in Sweden (one currently living with my grandfather) and a random dog in Sri Lanka.

Dogs are more fun by far. If I'd get a choice I'd go for a siberian husky to go running with.

I didn't even scroll all the way down.
    Gosh. I asked nicely not to post picture of cat.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    I didn't even scroll all the way down.
    Gosh. I asked nicely not to post picture of cat.
    It's not a cat. It's Shai-Hulud, the gigantic desert worms that roam across Arrakis.

i was looking for another thread and i saw this one. i was talking with some people the other day about the instinct to get out of the way of cars. we were talking about how strange it is that dogs, among lots of other animals like deer, cattle, bears, etc. have not evolved enough to know to run away from oncoming cars. however cats have. when my cat sees a car he runs away from it.

cats are smart little cookies.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast