+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Breakup depression and hopelessness

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooky View Post
    Didn't expect anyone to miss me. I find I'm naturally invisible round most people.
    We did. Now, the first step you need to take is to get out of that mindset.

You're NOT invisible. We cared. Other people care. You just need to believe they do.

I don't think thats why he was being so nice, he seemed to really care about me. He seemed so different from most guys. *Sighs* ...

..The fact that he dumped me like this out the blue in itself tells me he didn't really love me. ...
    There are some things guys will never tell women (and vis verse). (These are things I hear from other guys. ) I'm just being straight and honest about it. I do care about you (not in a sexual way of course). Other people on the board also care too.

Sometimes I find having a good laugh at things help. Humour yourself.
    Last edited by Henry123; 17-11-06 at 06:24 AM.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Woah you remind me of me about a year ago, you need to have more confidence in your self.

It'll take a while to get over it but you will, I hate cliche's but time is a great healer and you'll meet some one else. Try and keep busy, if he dumped you because of the lack of sexual stuff then he's a dick who isn't worth your time and you can do alot better if that's the case.

You don't need a boyfriend to be happy, and don't look for love it always comes to you when you least expect it. :]

I gurentee you wont give a shit about him in about 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

What You feel is not pathetic...it's normal. I recently got out of 4 year relationship myself, and even now after 5 months i get moments or episodes if you will where i feel terrible. But everything happens for a reason and there are no coincidents. He wasn't yours then.
    ...The key is, being bold and gallant. She is looking for the knight on the big white Charger that she reads
    about in her stupid romance novels. Remember, after she decides to keep you, she will be throwing
    those books in the fireplace, where they belong, while trying to keep you warm!...
    Doc. Love

I got burned by a player. You're among peers, here.
    Spammer Spanker

Things have really gone down hill the past few days. I thought I was starting to get over my ex, but obviously not. I think one of the main problems is that my ex was also my best friend and I have very few friends. My family has been a great support, but I still feel so lonely. I just want so badly to get back in contact with my ex again just so I can have my best friend back. Someone to talk nonsense with on msn. I miss that.

When I think back on all the things he said, all the things he promised, like he loved me and he would never leave me, and he now he wanted to spend his life with me. It just hurts so badly inside. I feel like I didn't try hard enough to save the relationship when he broke up with me. I'm so tempted to try emailing him or something but I know its a bad idea. Thats why I decided to type to you guys instead.

I know logically we could never go back to the way things were and that it was probably for the best, but I just feel like I'm going to end up alone. I feel like I need him to talk to as I've not really got anyone else. (except you guys of course).

I really appreciate all your help and support. Many thanks to you all.

Things have really gone down hill the past few days. I thought I was starting to get over my ex, but obviously not. I think one of the main problems is that my ex was also my best friend and I have very few friends. My family has been a great support, but I still feel so lonely. I just want so badly to get back in contact with my ex again just so I can have my best friend back. Someone to talk nonsense with on msn. I miss that.
    Get AIM. I'll talk nonsense with you. That guy is gone.

When I think back on all the things he said, all the things he promised, like he loved me and he would never leave me, and he now he wanted to spend his life with me. It just hurts so badly inside. I feel like I didn't try hard enough to save the relationship when he broke up with me. I'm so tempted to try emailing him or something but I know its a bad idea. Thats why I decided to type to you guys instead.
    All of that stuff is normal. You're going to have better days and bad days for a while. At some point, the better days will start to come more often.

I know logically we could never go back to the way things were and that it was probably for the best, but I just feel like I'm going to end up alone. I feel like I need him to talk to as I've not really got anyone else. (except you guys of course).
    You haven't got him, either. That sucks, I know. You grew around him and now he's gone, there's a huge hole where he said he wanted to be. You'll only end up alone if you want to. It's a big world full of lots of people. He wasn't the right guy for you.

No Contact is the best way to go for you. Don't open up the wound again by getting back in touch with him or it will never heal.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Get AIM. I'll talk nonsense with you. That guy is gone.
    As will I.

It's really tough at first, but it'll be okay.

Thanks for the pep talk guys. I know your right. I just feel so alone sometimes and I get these urges to send pointless random emails. But your right I must resist. I must fight against these urges! Going into work tommorrow, so hopefully that'll help take my mind off things. Have just been sitting around watching TV the past few days, and its turning me a zombie. When you resort to listening to the commentary on Simpsons DVDs its not good. Although... some of them are really funny and it gives the illusion that you're being social.

Whats AIM? A specific Instant Messaging service?
    Last edited by Sooky; 20-11-06 at 11:59 PM.

Yeah. Lots of LF-ers on AIM. I'll PM you a link. Are you using Mac or PC?
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Yeah. Lots of LF-ers on AIM. I'll PM you a link. Are you using Mac or PC?
    Giga--when you PM her your username, give her mine too.

I'm lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias
    Giga--when you PM her your username, give her mine too.

I'm lazy.
    Yeah, but you're charming, so you can totally get away with it.
    Spammer Spanker

King Zarathu Guest
    Mine is...well, it would be an honor for you to get it. Persuade me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    Mine is...well, it would be an honor for you to get it. Persuade me.
    You're giving me the opportunity to persuade you to give me your user name! Wow! That in itself is an honor! I am humbled in your presence Zarathu.

Nice one! Best of all, you know it won't be lost on Mr. Sarcasm.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast