+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A little help needed

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think Shh meant you need something that gets you away from the phone.

How about a music or art hobby? Pottery? Exercise? A language course? Anything that gets you out actually meeting ppl. I know, I work a lot from home also & it can get pretty isolating.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I know that some people with addictions can change, but from what I've noticed, liars don't tend to stop being liars. Compulsive liars are pretty set in their ways and from personal experience, they don't want nor will they change.
    if you told him all you want is the truth and he still lies to you in ur face then its better to just walk away. i know this as iv been like that guy before

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why are you being such a pussy?

I wouldn't upset with him more than I would be with you.

You're encouraging his behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by mamabird View Post
    I'm going to keep coming here and reading and have you all help me get thru it all this time.
    The first couple of weeks will be the most difficult, then it will become easier once you started working him out of your system.

Remember why you are doing this, he is unhealthy for you and harmful like a disease, you need to cure him out of you.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

OMG. That`s exactly what I was going through with my ex. All I can say from experience is.... they are LIARS. And we are the ones blinding ourselves because of the love we feel for them. I hung on for 2 years and in the end he just caused me sooooo much pain that if I had just let him go when he showed me the real him. We deserve to be treated better than that. They are not the only guys out there.

And remember.. if the pain of holding on is greater than the pain of letting go..... it`s time to let him go. It will be hard. Time will take away the pain, I promise!

I have not talked to him in a couple of days now.I have been staying pretty busy during the day and it isn't so bad,but then when night rolls around I want to call him so bad.Today I heard a song on the radio that reminded me of him and I really missed him.Everyday at least once a day he drives by my house to see if I'm home and alone,part of me misses him then and part of me is pissed that he drives by to check on me when he was the one lying all the time.I have been staying strong because of all of you.When ever I'm feeling weak and thinking about giving in and calling him I think of all of your advice.You are helping me more then you could imagine.

He sounds like my ex...lies upon lies, and lies to cover up lies. Then if she couldn't cover them up it was always my fault. And me being the pushover I was, I always gave in. Which was the biggest mistake I ever made. I should have just left and not looked back. I also found out about guys before me she never told me, then she blamed it on me saying I would have gotten mad, which I never did. Oh ya and it turned out she cheated on me, and the guys before me. So don't be surprised if he's cheating on you.

Leave this asshole, he's not going to change. Because you coming back to him just shows him that he can do it again because you'll just keep coming back. Prove him wrong.

*edit*
    Didn't read your response.

Good for you for leaving him. You did the right thing. Stay strong! I know how hard it is to want to call back. Especially at night, transitioning from hour+ talks on the phone at night was probably the hardest part for me. It drives you insane! But it will get better give it a couple months, keep yourself busy with hobbies and friends and you'll realize you are SOO much happier without him. You'll get to a point where you can look back and be happy you're finally not in that, it's like lifting a ton of your shoulders. I'm rooting for you!
    Last edited by 1averagejoe; 19-07-08 at 01:37 PM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The best liars are the ones who believe their own lies.

Like, truly believe them.

I know, my oldest sister was like that. Everyone knew she was such a horrible liar, she even knew she was a liar, and she still couldn't help herself.

I haven't spoken to her in almost 2 years.

Buy a bucket of paint and work on making your house prettier in the evenings. It is cheap, will keep you busy and make you tired, and most importantly, it will keep you from thinking about him.

Quote Originally Posted by mamabird View Post
    I have not talked to him in a couple of days now.I have been staying pretty busy during the day and it isn't so bad,but then when night rolls around I want to call him so bad.Today I heard a song on the radio that reminded me of him and I really missed him.Everyday at least once a day he drives by my house to see if I'm home and alone,part of me misses him then and part of me is pissed that he drives by to check on me when he was the one lying all the time.I have been staying strong because of all of you.When ever I'm feeling weak and thinking about giving in and calling him I think of all of your advice.You are helping me more then you could imagine.
    Stay strong mamabird! You are doing the right thing by cutting off contact with this guy. I'm reading one relationship book that says to keep a jar closeby, and put a quarter (or a dollar if you're miss moneybags) in the jar for every time you think about calling him and resist it. Eventually that money can go towards the purchase of something nice for yourself, like a spa visit or a new pair of shoes. Your reward for not calling him

Maybe there is a community group you can join so that you can have more friends and people who will help distract you while you're trying to get over him.

i love st. bernards!!!

my dogs are half st. bernard.

baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

misombra - your dogs are adorable,what is their other half?

Thank you everyone else for all your posts,I reread them here and in my mind when ever I feel like giving in.He is one of the best liars because he does get to where he believes them.I think the new Kenny Chesney song is meant for me about him" I'm better as a memory then as your man" I know time will make it better,but right now my emotions are all over the place.This morning I'm feeling really down about it all,so now I'm going to get myself up and get my birds all showered,that will help distract me.Thank you all!!!!!!

You WILL get better, it's just a matter of time and the worse is behind you

... standart lines but they are so true

im happy you havent gave in. he`s not worth your time at all. yes it is hard, i know, but all this pain will go away in time and will make you stronger. Just remember that you deserve better!
    She ain`t worth half of me

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast