+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hit a brick wall.

If she ever contacts me, should i just ignore her completely?

No, just explain NC to her and tell her to respect it.
    Spammer Spanker

Depends on how much time has past. Right now? Yeah. Not likely though, it sounds like you pissed her off alot with the attention post break up.

If it's a year or two down the line, entertain the idea.

And as I've said before, do not send her your new number. If she wants to talk to you she will find a way, be it facebook, or msn messenger or whatever.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Yeah i'm guessing i did. But like, she gets annoyed easily, or so it seems. I get minifeeds in my facebook, and every couple of days, she's extremely mad about something, or upset.

Today i woke up feeling fine, but just before, i felt slightly down, and feel like i did yesterday. I guess this may be the most testing time for me, in terms of trying to get over it. Trying to stay positive.

Why are you even still friends with her on Facebook? One of the first things I did after splitting with my ex was defriend her. The last thing I wanted was to keep seeing pictures of her, or knowing what she was up to.
    The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx

I left the FaceBook up to her. She didn't delete me, so i don't want to inflict more damage by deleting her. Besides it'd just be out of anger, more then logic, in my opinion anyways. I've left the doors open in terms of Msn and FaceBook, if she ever contacts me, it's her decision. I've not given her my new number, and i haven't contacted her in over a week now.

I'm just trying my best to get things "back to normal". Tomorrow i'm going out down town, with people, so that'll be fun. I'm just trying to keep myself occupied and surrounded by friends at the minute.

I understand where Frail is coming from in terms of not wanting the break up and stilll trying to cling to any scrap you may have left with them. I defriended her on facebook right when I got dumped and then wanted to refriend her back when I got past that initial anger part.

Unfortunately for me I refriended her a month and half after she dumped me as stupid as it sounds. And haven't talked to her or contacted her in three months after. That's why I started that thread about whether I should block her because my ex is a facebook creep and she'd notice if I was still doing these pathetic things three months afterwards. I've always been skeptical of how insane people are on facebook and I hate to admit it but it's a big deal.

This is where you gotta dig your heels in and suck it up. You can take her stories off your minifeed, and while you are tempted to constantly check her page, the ability to be able to check but not do so can be a good gauge of where your head is at. Or just going on facebook less doesn't hurt either. Remember, when you are tempted to look at her page, think "What is the best possible outcome I can get from looking at her page?" Nothing good can be accomplished by it. So just don't.
    Last edited by cmacattack1; 21-01-10 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrailWings View Post
    I'm just trying my best to get things "back to normal". Tomorrow i'm going out down town, with people, so that'll be fun. I'm just trying to keep myself occupied and surrounded by friends at the minute.
    Things aren't going to be normal until you move on, and you're not going to move on while you're still holding onto the hope of getting back together.
    The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx

I know where you're coming from shheadz. It's logical that i don't have a chance right now, but i don't know something tells me i do. But i need to get that out of my head, and i'm trying, it's only the past few days i've felt that, and i don't know why. I keep feeling down, etc.

Like it's all suddenly came back.

If you do have a chance, you'll still have a chance in six months. Right now, for your own sake, let it go.
    Spammer Spanker

As weird as it sounds.. IF she's ever going to find you appealing again, it's not going to be until after you've completely moved on, and become a new man.

Yeah i suppose, i mean i'm only young i'm 18. But, like we've broke up before, in the past, her claiming different reasons, but were only for like a day. Then she'd ask me to take her back etc. Apologize for what she did, and that we'd be together forever. We went through a rough kind of patch, few arguments, not excessive, but more than usual, and it just got too much for her.

Anyways, 8 days into NC now, hopefully going to hold this for a long time, enough time for me to move on.

Okay, i've been feeling abit mixed so far today. I had a dream last night, 2nd one i've had about my ex. What happened was, we defriended each other on facebook, but somehow we ended up on the phone, talking about getting back together, and then she told me, that she's going to delete my number, going to delete everything of me. (Even though she now doesn't have my new phone number).

I know her brother, so i ended up meeting her brother, and she was there, we had a really good time, and right at the end of the dream, she told me she wanted move in together with me. I know dreams are dreams, but just confused me a little.

This is really weird, because i'm trying to get over her, and it's thrown me off abit. Anyways, thought i'd post it up here, anyone else had anything similar?

I recently had three dreams three nights in a row about my ex and they all were about having a conversation and letting each other know how we think and feel. It had those little subtleties that most dreams have where you are in a weird place and so on, but more or less it was pretty much one thing I wish I could have: a nice talk with her, whether it's complete closure or not. An opportunity to show her how far I've come.

That's why it's a dream though right? It's not realistic.

It's not realistic i suppose. The previous times we broke up, i was able to talk her round, like i give her time, but then we spoke etc. Obviously now it's worse, i know NC is the right thing, just dreams have a way of making you down.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast