+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a path to getting back together?

I'm going through a similar situation. The typical "Get over her and move on" advice is getting old. It works for some people and other people it doesn't. Clearly it does not work for you Ramps considering that your posts keep seeking some sort of hope. And you know what? It doesn't have to. You don't have to move on, you don't have to stop loving and you don't have to give up, but what you do have to do is set aside time for personal growth. Find hobbies, hangout with your friends. Etc. I know it starts to sound like a broken record, but its the best thing you can do when your not with her. You also need to clarify your needs and wants. You want this girl back, but you must not let your needs consume you. Also let her know that you still care for her, she knows that you want to be with her, but she also knows that things have to change, the best way to show her that is by just being her friend. Build moments that you will both remember for years to come.

This whole "Off, on, off, on" sarcasm is annoying. There is hope Ramps, but only if you take the right steps. Only you understand the situation and only you have the opportunity to do what is right. She is talking to you and that is a great thing, you have to start somewhere right? Build on it. Now i'm in no way saying you should drop everything in your life for this girl. As I said above you should work on personal growth because that is a major attraction to the ladies. Hit the gym, join a club, take up guitar for what its worth. She will enjoy that. =)

It doesn't have to be over.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Please. The girl is 16. She should be going thru boys like kleenex. What else is there to say?

Next!
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Koriix View Post
    I'm going through a similar situation. The typical "Get over her and move on" advice is getting old. It works for some people and other people it doesn't. Clearly it does not work for you Ramps considering that your posts keep seeking some sort of hope. And you know what? It doesn't have to. You don't have to move on, you don't have to stop loving and you don't have to give up
    Yeah, you can keep on living in a fantasy world where you wait for the next 500 years for the girl of your dreams to become available.

I find that great advice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Yeah, you can keep on living in a fantasy world where you wait for the next 500 years for the girl of your dreams to become available.

I find that great advice.

Ramps is looking for a glimpse of hope. And truth be told, it's there. You choose to give quick and easy advice because it's convent for you and sadly, that's all you have to offer him. If you want to clarify his situation as a fantasy or even mine, then that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Thanks for the contributions guys. I've set up a meeting with her fairly soon which may or may not go ahead, and I'm gonna give it my all and try to build the tension so something might happen. Since this is pretty much my only shot, if it doesn't work out then I can get on with my life, if it does then that's great.

Man, this is a tough time. Plain and simple. There are a few ways you can go about it. I would recommend getting some sort of e-book.

There are many guides out there that will walk you through a step by step process that will answer all of your questions and make sure you make all the right moves! good luck!

Check out the link below, they should help....

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.LoveDoctor View Post
    Man, this is a tough time. Plain and simple. There are a few ways you can go about it. I would recommend getting some sort of e-book.

There are many guides out there that will walk you through a step by step process that will answer all of your questions and make sure you make all the right moves! good luck!

I bought 3 of those when I was really desperate (after all that's how they make their money), but to be honest I didn't find them all that useful- sure there's some good advice but every situation is unique and extremely general advice doesn't really help that much imo. The most useful thing they are good for is stopping you panicking and calling your ex all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.LoveDoctor View Post

Yeah those things really help.... emptying your wallet and making someone rich who's preying on people who are so desperate and delusional they'd try anything, including paying $29.95 for an ebook called: "How to get your ex back."

But wait, if you order in the next five minutes, you also receive: "How to get rich beyond your wildest expectations by sitting in your living room while watching TV." for free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What I need to know is whether this means there is a chance of us starting a new relationship over the summer or if I'm basically stuck in the friends zone- and if there is a path, what should be the general strategy in this sort of situation?
    Step 1. Meet her
    Step 2. Ask her out for a date, state that you want to give things another go.
    Step 3a. She says yes.
    Step 3b. She says no

The one thing you should find out is whether she is willing to give it another go. If she says yes you've got your chance. If she says no you are emotionally involved with a friend in something that will go nowhere. In such a case you would be better off just moving on.
    Right? Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriix View Post
    Ramps is looking for a glimpse of hope. And truth be told, it's there. You choose to give quick and easy advice because it's convent for you and sadly, that's all you have to offer him. If you want to clarify his situation as a fantasy or even mine, then that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Once you give up all hope, that's when things happen. For some it takes years to learn that, but if you have even a bit of life experience, you may have noticed that once you don't care anymore, things start happening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah those things really help.... emptying your wallet and making someone rich who's preying on people who are so desperate and delusional they'd try anything, including paying $29.95 for an ebook called: "How to get your ex back."

But wait, if you order in the next five minutes, you also receive: "How to get rich beyond your wildest expectations by sitting in your living room while watching TV." for free.
    Haha you put it much better than I could have done.
    At least I called them on the money back guarantees.
    I never thought I would fall for a "magic formula" scam but when you're desperate you think there might just be something in it...

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    Step 1. Meet her
    Step 2. Ask her out for a date, state that you want to give things another go.
    Step 3a. She says yes.
    Step 3b. She says no

The one thing you should find out is whether she is willing to give it another go. If she says yes you've got your chance. If she says no you are emotionally involved with a friend in something that will go nowhere. In such a case you would be better off just moving on.
    Right? Right.
    I think I have a date with her, though not a "date" date. Obviously I can't go straight out with trying to get back together but one way or another I will know whether things are gonna work out by the end of it. I can do my best to create the sexual tension etc but if I'm totally sunk into the friends zone it won't make any difference. If there's still a spark then there's a possibility that by the end of the evening she'll want to give it another try.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramps View Post
    I think I have a date with her, though not a "date" date. Obviously I can't go straight out with trying to get back together but one way or another I will know whether things are gonna work out by the end of it. I can do my best to create the sexual tension etc but if I'm totally sunk into the friends zone it won't make any difference. If there's still a spark then there's a possibility that by the end of the evening she'll want to give it another try.
    Ramps, since you are so desperate and since it's obvious you're not going to give up your silly dreams, I'm going to give you the best advice anyone has ever given you: Don't be nice to her, CHALLENGE her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ramps, since you are so desperate and since it's obvious you're not going to give up your silly dreams, I'm going to give you the best advice anyone has ever given you: Don't be nice to her, CHALLENGE her.
    Thanks but i'm not a total idiot I know kissing her ass isn't gonna help me. I wonder though if you could advise me over what balance to strike in conversation and body language. Which is better, more playful banter or more "on edge", passionate tension where you're more aggressive and for lack of a better word, more like a jerk? Sorry for being so inarticulate, hopefully you can see what I'm getting at a little bit.

The former would seem easier to pull off but might not be powerful enough. The latter's easy to get wrong but if done right would be spectacular.

Frankly, if you want to give things a proper shot you don't play games by acting in a certain way. You both act the way you are, and if you enjoy eachother's company you stick around.
    Playing games is for clubs when people want one-night stands and attract people by showing up as being different from your everyday fella.

As for deciding whether or not she's worth it, it's up to you, you know far more about the details of the situation than we do and so far you've sounded mature about it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast