+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The poker face friendship.

Teezy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    "yeah, getting a girl to like you by playing off the fact that she's probably really insecure and probably has a bad home life. that's not dumb."
    Nope, it's brilliant. And it works.
    Last edited by Teezy; 30-01-06 at 12:34 PM.

ehh, its not always that... im not a doormat... just things i do to help some of the people i'm with backfire on me... its not continual, i guess i overexaggerated(sp?) that due to my current situation (Which I will go into more detail in another post, when my mind is a little more clear)

Quote Originally Posted by clynn
    Yah, ante up, buddy.

Actually take her out on a date. You're the guy, even if she is kinda a strong woman.....so ask her out on a date....that'll take things out of your normal friendship realm.

You don't even have to come out and ask her "Do you like me? Cuz I like you?" At least not right away.

Just start behaving more like a guy who is "courting" this girl instead of as her buddy. So, start by asking her out for a traditional style date, and pay for it. Then do something romantic afterwards like go for a walk along the water. Compliment her feminine features.

You don't have to show all your cards at once. But start raising the stakes.
    This is what worries me. I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place because I like our friendship and I don't want it to end. But if I start playing the whole "dating game" and start courting her, I might lose what we have as friends.

It's like I want more, but I want what I have now as well. Oooh it's a toughy.

Yep, I'm sure it is tough. But you really gotta go for it.

But if you go slow-mo she'll be eased into and you'll be able to gague her responses without laying it all on the line. It'll be fairly easy to turn it back down.

V-Day is conveniently coming so something rather inocuous, a box of chocolates or something. you don't have to make a big display out of it....but something, something....

Quote Originally Posted by clynn
    Yep, I'm sure it is tough. But you really gotta go for it.

But if you go slow-mo she'll be eased into and you'll be able to gague her responses without laying it all on the line. It'll be fairly easy to turn it back down.

V-Day is conveniently coming so something rather inocuous, a box of chocolates or something. you don't have to make a big display out of it....but something, something....
    Yes! No matter what happens I AM going to give her some nice flowers. Of course even then she might not get the idea. I'm a nice guy who would give flowers just for the hell of it. Hopefully she'll understand.

"Pretty flowers for a pretty lady." - can't go wrong with that line right??

Sounds great!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12