+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Addiction to Affection

I'm with OV, and I can get kinda crowded if someone is TOO hands-on.

Dont get me wrong, I like lovin'. I even like curling up to watch a good movie on a Saturday afternoon.

But spooning, for example, is either going to lead to sex or sleep - else I'm going to crawl out of the grip after awhile and go make me a sandwich.

I don't think you are addicted to affection, darling, I think you are still in love with this girl. How often do you see her? Maybe if it is with any frequency, you should consider cutting back on that. So long as you are pining after her, you are not fullly available to another girl and are cheating yourself out of the affection you crave.

P.S. - I like your last sentence; you are rather poetic.

Tone Guest
    Yeah, I agree with shh!

You looooove her, you wanna kiiiiisss her, and something something.

TAVS-this is your new girl you were talking about? Dude, you fall way too hard and fast if this is the one you just started dating last month.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    TAVS-this is your new girl you were talking about? Dude, you fall way too hard and fast if this is the one you just started dating last month.
    Yea, we probably both have. But keep in mind we've liked eachother for quite a while; I was just taken. And I'm not really that bad, if she dumped me tomorrow I would be very disppointed but I wouldn't be heartbroken or anything.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Well, at least you bounced back quickly from your last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    Well, at least you bounced back quickly from your last one.
    It's not hard when you go from dating girls to dating women. The difference is quite noticible IMO.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    I don't think you are addicted to affection, darling, I think you are still in love with this girl. How often do you see her? Maybe if it is with any frequency, you should consider cutting back on that. So long as you are pining after her, you are not fullly available to another girl and are cheating yourself out of the affection you crave.

P.S. - I like your last sentence; you are rather poetic.
    I hadn't seen her for months before Monday night. We have our phases where we see each other daily then lose touch for extended periods of time but we inevitably run back into each other (usually by complete accident too). I've made sure I haven't closed myself off to any other girls. As a matter of fact, the night I hung out with her she played wingman for me and distracted this one guy so I could chat it up with this other girl I thought was cute. Our efforts were in vain as they were already too into one another so we just enjoyed each others company. Either way I'd like to spend more time with her, however I know that it could be daunting if a girl finds me attractive yet I have another girl in my arms all night.

I appreciate the advice a bunch shh!, do ya have any more you could throw my way?

Also, I've actually had a few poems and short stories published so that may explain what you saw in my last sentence.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Also, I should clarify something. This girl's picture is in my gallery but it isn't my goth friend. It's the blonde girl in there. Just in case anyone cared to know who it is I'm talking about.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Tone Guest
    She's kinda cute... for a blonde ;p

hehe Tone

Are you sure she has no further interest in you Zekk? I mean, is it possible she will date a few losers and then come to realize what a good guy you are? Or does she typically show good judgement when dating? Because some of us girls need to be brought down fairly low before we can truly appreciate a genuinely nice guy. There may be hope for you yet... (How old are you both? She is very cute, BTW.)

Also, I wanna read something you wrote...

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk_T_Strife
    I hadn't seen her for months before Monday night. We have our phases where we see each other daily then lose touch for extended periods of time but we inevitably run back into each other (usually by complete accident too). I've made sure I haven't closed myself off to any other girls. As a matter of fact, the night I hung out with her she played wingman for me and distracted this one guy so I could chat it up with this other girl I thought was cute.
    Zekk, my advice for you is to spend less time with this girl until you are very well and truly over her. I've been in these types of situations (I.e. two friends, but one has feelings for the other) and most times they never end up well. Even at times when I played the role of the friend, this whole chemistry felt very different to the real friendship where no romantic feelings are involved. She wants to be nothing more than a friend, she told you this 3 times so this affection or the lack of affection you are feeling is simply a misplaced emotion which is not being returned by her... I recommend distancing yourself from her until you find someone more deserving or until you admit to yourself various reasons why you two can not be more than just friends so in your mind she falls off her pedestal and becomes just another person...

She could also be one of the types of people who likes to create romantically tense or sexually tense environments which never go anywhere, if she is that type then you should defintely distance yourself from her very quickly...
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    She's kinda cute... for a blonde ;p

You are so asking for trouble!!!!!!!!! Am i the only blonde in here, I keep feeling like I'm the only one defending this situation..

Which would make the situation much worse for you Tone!!!!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Shh!: She tends to have piss poor judgements in men and relationships for her are frequent and short. It seems like she likes a guy a lot, gets close very fast, then gets bored and leaves. We're both 21, met when we were 14. For the record, I don't have a forward interest in pursuing something with her again although the voice in the back of my head never shuts up when potential rears it's ugly head.

Mish: We really do genuinely enjoy being with one another. We simply "fit" together. However I've definitely come to terms with the fact that we very well may be friends for life. She's the best friend I've ever had. I'd rather have a situation where I can find a nice girlfriend so I can quit thinking in the back of my mind about something that's most likely not going to come to fruition.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast