+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unable to take the first step anymore

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole
    ha ha, I'm the same as you except I am good looking.
    Not true. (See Gallery)

I didn't read all your responses, but I did read your post. I think your problem is two-fold. The first is your location. You are living in the bible belt, so your are obviously going to have more issues there than you would in a coastal city with regards to religion (and cultural tastes as well, come to think of it). Secondly, (this might sting a bit, so brace yourself) you sound like a bit of a snob; you might want to work on that. Why do you guys imagine that the percentage of shallow girls exceeds the percentage of shallow guys in the world? We ALL have to weed through volumes of people in order to find a few we can tolerate, be they friends or lovers.

Tone Guest
    LOL! Funny thread! (thanks Lloyd!)

I agree with shh! to an extent... you do come off as a "I think I'm better than you" type of guy, that complains how all girls are sluts that only like assh*les that treat them bad, etc etc. That kind of attitude gets old, real fast, and just makes you sound bitter.

I think what you need to do is drop the negative attitude shit... "I'm 99% sure I'm going to die alone..." and what you really need to do is work on being happy with yourself and having confidence in yourself. I mean it sounds like you have a lot going for you, and have a lot of interests/hobbies... but you have no confidence in yourself. It's almost like you're more concerned about how to please women than pleasing yourself first. How can you love a woman if you can't love yourself? You're stuck with who you are for a very long time, might as well make the best of it! :)

You say you want things to change - okay - then change them. The beautiful thing about life is we ALWAYS have a CHOICE. You wake up everyday and have a choice how you want to be today. If you want to flirt more, then damnit, do just that! I'm going to jack what someone said on another thread, "Fake it 'til you feel it." The more practice you get, the more comfortable you'll be with it, and the more natural it will come. Don't try goin for the home run right away either, just take your time with it. For example, I say "hi" to pretty much any girl I walk by that makes eye contact with me, at work when I'm waitin for another girl to use the copier - I'll make little jokes or somethin.. Little things like this make it easy for me to talk to girls, when the opportunities present themselves. Recognizing these opportunities is another thing I'm workin on.

Sure we can give you good advice, new ideas of things to try, but all that means absolutely NOTHING if you don't realize it's up to you and you alone to change and apply them to your life.

Before I even read your post I noticed you were from Lincoln. I'll take a raincheck on the beer for now, until I get to know you better and can be confident I can hang out with you without turning my back for a second only to find you chewing on your shoe or something.

:)

lol I like that last part, Tone. Good post though, even though it was long and of course I had to read all of it.

Tone Guest
    Thanks, lover.

I agree with Tone especially about the negative attitude part. If you're going to continue looking at life from that angle, nothing will ever go right. Man up and do something about it..Life doesnt just all of a sudden get better.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Tone Guest
    Thanks, lover #2.

Tone!

_________

lol, Tone, Jun...You guys make me fly!
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Fly like a kite? I haven't flown many kites. I can't really remember doing it as a kid. I think I did though.

Quote Originally Posted by Junsui
    Fly like a kite? I haven't flown many kites. I can't really remember doing it as a kid. I think I did though.
    Yea, like a kite...I actually do remember flying a kite when i was younger...Fun times!

Tone Guest
    Yes? Was it something I said?

Oh, you always say something cool bro.

This title reminds of this song:
    You take that first step
    Ask her out and treat her like a lady
    Second step
    Tell her she's the one you're dreaming of
    Third step
    Take her in your arms and never let her go
    Don't you know step by step
    Step by step
    You'll win her love

Anyone remember it?

I remember it....

be careful Lloyd...you're gonna start lookin' like you're a romantic soul...goes against that persona you've been building up...lol
    If you don't talk to your cat about Catnip...who will?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast