+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A drunk mom that doesn't care anymore.....

Quote Originally Posted by RSK
    you know, there are times when i realize the 'insignificance' of my own personal problems. sometimes, i have a tendency to think, that the world revolves around ME, and MY needs. having said that, there are times when i think of how lucky i am, to have the most caring family ANYBODY could ask for.....

.....this is one of those times.

I really don't know what to tell you, OP'er. Maybe life has a different challenge for you. Maybe you were supposed to live this type of life as a youngster, because it will give you some sort of STRENGTH in the future...

...and maybe, this particular STRENGTH (whatever it may be), will lead you to a life of success.

If you can get through your problem, then you will LEARN from experience. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you keep a positive outlook on life (even though this may be difficult).

The least you could do, it think about all the good things in your life. do you have clothes to wear? do you have any major dissabilities? do you have food in your fridge?

I've learned (over the years), to appreciate what you DO have, as oppose to what you DON'T have...

...in time, you will realize that the things most important to you - YOU ALLREADY HAVE!

i hope my words make sense,

again, good luck in finding your own feet in a world that is sometimes hard to understand
    Or...

Maybe...
    You just wasted...

Your time ..
    on a troll..

Quote Originally Posted by carpflounder
    Or...

Maybe...
    You just wasted...

Your time ..
    on a troll..
    maybe, yes --------> i thought of that,

but what if someone else wanted advice.

what if she wasn't a troll? IF THERE IS A CHANCE --> then i'm not wasting time.

i just gave some sincere advice the best way i could.

My Posts fall under these categories:

ADVICE: (rare, but when i give it, it's from the heart)

JOKES: (most common, although some people mistake my Jokes for Trolling, (i don't blame them))

VENTING: (i think i shock people here. i do quite a bit. but LF is a place where there is NO mask, so i'm free to do it! or at least i 'feel' free to do it)

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RSK
    you know, there are times when i realize the 'insignificance' of my own personal problems. sometimes, i have a tendency to think, that the world revolves around ME, and MY needs. having said that, there are times when i think of how lucky i am, to have the most caring family ANYBODY could ask for.....

.....this is one of those times.

I really don't know what to tell you, OP'er. Maybe life has a different challenge for you. Maybe you were supposed to live this type of life as a youngster, because it will give you some sort of STRENGTH in the future...

...and maybe, this particular STRENGTH (whatever it may be), will lead you to a life of success.

If you can get through your problem, then you will LEARN from experience. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you keep a positive outlook on life (even though this may be difficult).

The least you could do, it think about all the good things in your life. do you have clothes to wear? do you have any major dissabilities? do you have food in your fridge?

I've learned (over the years), to appreciate what you DO have, as oppose to what you DON'T have...

...in time, you will realize that the things most important to you - YOU ALLREADY HAVE!

i hope my words make sense,

again, good luck in finding your own feet in a world that is sometimes hard to understand
    Wow great post, RK!

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Wow great post, RK!
    thx tone, it was from the heart.

i think i will speak more from the heart now, at LF.

Tone Guest
    Why just at LF?

lol, i didn't see that coming, and i can't believe i said that!

you are right, i will speak from the heart in general, thx Tone!

yes misombra she does a lot and it is really scary
    Later ya'll

LeahSueDolton

Quote Originally Posted by LeahSueDolton
    yes misombra she does a lot and it is really scary
    i know you are young, so i'll take it easy, but:

why do you focus on the negatives?

i am suprised by your post, because i expected a more positive approach to your problem.........what are you doing about it?

who have you talked to about this? (friends? familiy? teachers?)

What will you do NEXT? what do you THINK you should do?

-------you should be answering these types of questions----------

well all i have in my life are negative things i try to forget abou them but it is hard.
    Later ya'll

LeahSueDolton

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You have to look at the positive of all those things!! It is hard! But for example look at these positives.. your in a relationship right? you had soem tough times but things are good now. That's a positive. I'm sure you have friends that care about you, that's also a positive. You can't dwell on what's negative you ahve to look at them as though you want to change them. DOn't just accept it, do something about it. Read RSK's post again and answer those questions.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

I understand, Leah. I look at the negatives too sometimes because this world can be a shitty place.

Like when i was born my dad left my mom and then my brothers and I lived with my mom. then when i was in 2nd grade and my brothers were in 5th grade and we went to foster care because my mom did drugs and drink all the time. My foster mom made me clean the kitchen floor with a toothbrush, and made me do dishes when i could reach the sink. then after 4 or 5 months my dad came and found us and got us out of there, and i never got to see my mom it really sucked. and then we lived with my dad for 3 to 4 years, and my step mom that my dad was married to at the time divorced him, and we only had 4 hours to get all our stuff out of the house, and so my dad called my mom and joe my moms husbend to come and pick my brothers and I up, and so they did and i have been living with them ever since. it just really sucked everyday with all the yelling and with all the fighting it really did suck i wish i could go somewhere else but there isn't anywhere else
    Later ya'll

LeahSueDolton

Quote Originally Posted by Junsui
    I understand, Leah. I look at the negatives too sometimes because this world can be a shitty place.
    So true, Jun. It's unfortunate that for some people this world is a shitty place most of the time.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by LeahSueDolton
    Like when i was born my dad left my mom and then my brothers and I lived with my mom. then when i was in 2nd grade and my brothers were in 5th grade and we went to foster care because my mom did drugs and drink all the time. My foster mom made me clean the kitchen floor with a toothbrush, and made me do dishes when i could reach the sink. then after 4 or 5 months my dad came and found us and got us out of there, and i never got to see my mom it really sucked. and then we lived with my dad for 3 to 4 years, and my step mom that my dad was married to at the time divorced him, and we only had 4 hours to get all our stuff out of the house, and so my dad called my mom and joe my moms husbend to come and pick my brothers and I up, and so they did and i have been living with them ever since. it just really sucked everyday with all the yelling and with all the fighting it really did suck i wish i could go somewhere else but there isn't anywhere else

Leah, I can see you have had very hard times and yes you should be wanting to go somewhere else, and your friends aren't near your father but maybe that is still your best bet. You had said your mom wanted you to see a therapist right? maybe follow through with that and then tell the therapist about all this stuff and they intervine to help you.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast