+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lifestyle Changes for Smokers

Smoke weed everyday.

Thank you, Tone!

Quote Originally Posted by carpflounder
    Smoke weed everyday.
    You're that bad guy my mother warned me about, arent you?

uggh , i just remember , last year i got the worst kind of sickness (kind of) , see i smoked for about 4 years , then i stopped for a whole 18 months (year and a half) ,

at some point in winter i got the worst kind of sickness , i dont know what its called but i kept coughing and all this crap keept coming out , it lasted for about 3 months . it was probably the longest time iv been sick .

then i re-started about 4 months ago , but i wasnt nearly as much as it was before . now i quit about a month ago , with the occasional cig ...

so does that mean that ill probably have that damn sickness again this year ?

I've heard some about this, and I'd be curious to know more. I would assume its a natural way for your body to rid itself of the damage you've done and return to working properly.

I tried a search on Google but just came up with page after page of tips to quit smoking... so far

Google is doing that more and more. Listing search returns of an ever more commercial nature. That's why I'm using Clusty increasingly more often. When THEY start doing it, I'll look for the next search engine that isn't so much. (I've often thought Library Associations around the world should get together with techies and develop a totally non-commercial Internet search engine.)

And, yes. Respiratory illnesses and discharge are very common after quitting smoking, and can last a long time. It's precisely as you say, Independent: The body is adjusting. All you can do is bear it out.
    Speak less. Say more.

I find Google results very relevant for most of my searches - I just didnt really know what words to use (my search was bad).

The only paid listings are the Adwords down the right side of the page - and ocassionally 1 or 2 that show just above the results (but they are marked as paid listings). This doesnt really bother me. It's kind of like commercials on TV... just part of life.

There's a little more to it than just the ads frame, which dosen't bother me either. It's having to dig down the returns to get away from the commercial hits that annoys me. Clusty does the me kindness of clustering its hits in categories, so I get more of a choice about which types of hits I want to peruse. But I'm using the term "paid listings" loosely, in any case.
    Speak less. Say more.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Late Vamp, It could have been Bronchitis too. A lot of times the congestion goes into your lungs (which also causes pneumonia) and with them being already damaged from smoke it's easier fort hem to get infected. So in turn you cough up the congestion or mucus. You also get that really tight feeling in your lungs as well. Winter is a killer for that stuff and if you smoke it's even worse.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Tone Guest
    Few years back I GOT bronchitis from SECOND HAND smokers... was at this little get together some people at my job were havin and they all were smokin indoors in a pretty small area... man I was coughing so bad by the time the night was over... cough never went away - went to doctors and found out I got bronchitis from second hand smoke.

Bastards!

You got bronchitis from second hand smoke? I didn't even think you could get it from first hand. I thought you just became more susceptible to getting it.

Tone Guest
    Well yeah I became more susceptible because of it.

Makes sense too.

Wasn't coughing before hand. Left coughing my lungs up.

Weird. I thought it was from being around smoking all of the time. I didn't know it could happen after being around it once. That's craziness.

I've never been addicted to cigarettes. I can't get addicted to something that doesn't even get me high. I don't understand you people.

It is possible to get noninfectious bronchitis from cigarette smoke, but usually you get it from cold viruses.

Tone Guest
    I figure that's what it started as.. the second hand smoke prob just sucseptibablpeded it.

I've always had bad reaction to second hand smoke though... can't stand it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast