+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sexist dating help sites/books??

I dunno...I heard that guys are innately 'the hunter' and if he 'got you too easily' you're not as 'precious' or somethin.....common sense tells me that this is true.

To clarify: does it mean that guys like to be APPROACHED but not ASKED OUT?

Btw, I'm in Hong Kong right now. The med school system is like that as well in the UK, I would have gone there as my second choice.

you're 19 and you're in med school and you have time to date and come in here and post?

i don't believe you.

Then don't *shrug*. I'm in my second year, clinical years not begun yet, so not overly busy. Just finished 3 panel end assessments before xmas, got three more, but they're not for at least a month yet. Year 3 is hell cos it's a mix then clinical is years 4 and 5.

OH YEAH, and I'm NOT dating- that's the whole point!!!! Didn't you read any other part of the post? I wanna at least get a taste of dating before my clinical years or I'll REALLY have no time.

Anyway, i have nothing to prove to you. If you're focusing on that point you're missing the whole point of the post *shrus* Believe or not is up too you, come visit Hong Kong sometime, i"ll show you around my faculty, lol.

EDIT: i come back to post when i'm taking a break from studying actually...if you've ever studied before, you'd know that it's counter-productive to just sit there and study for hours and hours on end without taking a break
    Last edited by doll69; 17-01-06 at 09:31 PM.

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by doll69
    Then don't *shrug*. I'm in my second year, clinical years not begun yet, so not overly busy. Just finished 3 panel end assessments before xmas, got three more, but they're not for at least a month yet. Year 3 is hell cos it's a mix then clinical is years 4 and 5.

OH YEAH, and I'm NOT dating- that's the whole point!!!! Didn't you read any other part of the post? I wanna at least get a taste of dating before my clinical years or I'll REALLY have no time.

Anyway, i have nothing to prove to you. If you're focusing on that point you're missing the whole point of the post *shrus* Believe or not is up too you, come visit Hong Kong sometime, i"ll show you around my faculty, lol.

EDIT: i come back to post when i'm taking a break from studying actually...if you've ever studied before, you'd know that it's counter-productive to just sit there and study for hours and hours on end without taking a break
    I believe you Doll. I know colleagues who studied in India, and they went into med school straight off.

(before RSK starts getting ideas, it is very difficult for overseas MDs to practice in the US/Canada; usually requires additional clinical work here and a rewriting of the board exam. An overseas MD of this kind is equated with an undergraduate degree to some extent, many come and do graduate work here b/f attempting the boards)

Anyway, like all else, just go out have fun, be yourself and (unfortunately) you may need to keep your brain under your hat a little bit until the fellow gets to know you a little better. Strong, bright women at your age can be intimidating for some young males. But definitely not all. Keep your eyes open and good luck!

here's an idea... call me crazy, but have you considered asking guys out? Nowhere does it say you have to wait for guys to approach you.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doll69
    I dunno...I heard that guys are innately 'the hunter' and if he 'got you too easily' you're not as 'precious' or somethin.....common sense tells me that this is true.

To clarify: does it mean that guys like to be APPROACHED but not ASKED OUT?

Btw, I'm in Hong Kong right now. The med school system is like that as well in the UK, I would have gone there as my second choice.
    That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! Your not precious because you ask someone out! *cough* Bullshit* cough*

That is not common sense, that is not wanting to approach a guy because you feel that is their job. It goes both ways! Like I said before it turns a guy on by taking initiative! Guys like being approached and liek being asked out, think of how you feel when this happens to you, you feel good right? so do they.

Take this information or don't but sorry that's just how it is!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Eh, depends on the type of guy you are trying to attract, RoseB. I actually do know men who prefer to do the asking for exactly the reason doll is saying. More traditional men prefer more traditional dating rules, and frankly, I would never ask a man on a date. Of course, this could be a generational thing.

Thank you indigosoul

Thanks for presenting both sides of the situation Rosebud and Shh!, lol

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well that's what I said in my earlier posts shh, or at least I meant to. Not all guys think this way, but I think the majority is rising on this one. All the guys I know, Love when a girl comes up to them. Some of them are very traditional guys too, so I guess it depends more on the circumstances then anything else.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12