+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do prettier girls have it harder?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    However, one could argue women who marry for money are not being shallow, but practical.
    Like WOW

(Gets out some popcorn and beer)
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

No, but you seemed to overlook this when you said:

"That just goes to show you that women are often less shallow than men."

As for your comment about women being "practical," that's like saying guys are being practical too b/c they want to pass on attractive genes to their offspring. Give me a break!
    Last edited by NeoSeminole; 23-01-06 at 08:37 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Haha - as if men give more thought to letting loose their genes than to letting it out of their jeans!

I still say women are often less shallow. Not always.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

women are more shallow , most cant even step out of the house without 2-3 makeup things ... and why are most guys turning into fags ? whats the deal with hairless/skinny guys ... some "guys" are a shame to the word "men" ... look just like gays .

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole
    By the way, I don't think men are intimidated by intelligent women. I find that most smart women are stuck up. Men don't approach these type of women just like they don't approach ice queens who think they are the sh*t.
    Hold on. If you never approach these women, how can you know they are stuck up and/or ice queens??

Up to the point you actually decide to speak to these ladies (many of whom are probably very nice), the issue is about YOU and your preconceptions, not them.

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Late_vamp
    ... and why are most guys turning into fags ? whats the deal with hairless/skinny guys ... some "guys" are a shame to the word "men" ... look just like gays .
    I'd like to hear more about your ideas on this one LV... why do YOU think this is true??

indigosoul, it's a little thing called statistics. If you approach very attractive or very intelligent women and 9 times out of 10 they turn out to be stuck up, you start to wonder "why bother?"

Quote Originally Posted by indigosoul
    I'd like to hear more about your ideas on this one LV... why do YOU think this is true??
    see i think that because of todays society , almost nothing is left "taboo" . every aspect has been reviewed and thats why nowadays , homosexuals are viewed more "acceptable" than lets say ... 1800 , heck even 1950 .

so because now people are more "open minded" and the world is turning upside down , then suddenly some people think its right to act a certain way . im not saying there is only ONE way that you can be right , but its not "traditional" , its very , umm , how could i say this , well lets put it this way , because now women with all those equal rights they think they can be like men , but i THINK some men are thinking the same as women "hey if they can use makeup to look better ...why cant we ?!?!"

then it probably started with some wannabe friend of a gay couple , then some girls started to like that , now i believe its more of a trend , a "fad" . just like in the 70's it was popular for men to be skinny and with hairy chest , now its hairless and most guys try to look like theyr on steroids and they buy 2 sizes smaller , so they look like some sort of weird queers .

just like in the 80's most people had horrible hair , that used to be all over the place . puffy shits with lots of vivid colors .

i think its just a "phase" of fashion , with most people being sheep (ppl who follow what other ppl do or whats on TV ) ... most ppl buy into that , but i somehow believe that some guys do this for the only reason ... that it brings them pussy .

shallow women = everything thats trendy or "popular" they have to have/buy ... because it's "cool" and thats the shit right now , then guys think "umm , if i dress like that , they could be interested in me " ... and some started doing that ...

well either THAT or some guys just like to be hairless and put makeup on and now they dont need an excuse because its viewed as "stylish" in todays society.

well call me old fashioned but i love to have hair , i love to be built , i dont like to have cloths that stick to me and would NOT want to have makeup in my face . no im not in my 30's , and i HATE trends .

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    indigosoul, it's a little thing called statistics. If you approach very attractive or very intelligent women and 9 times out of 10 they turn out to be stuck up, you start to wonder "why bother?"
    Are these statistics verifiable?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

indigosoul Guest
    Well, I admit, I've been "off the market" for a long time, so my perspective on dating is skewed somewhat, however, I suppose it depends on what your intentions are.

If you are looking for a simple date, sex, or a good time and that's it, then I suppose I can see why you'd think this way.

But, if you're looking for an LTR and intelligence and/or depth is important to you, then that 10% could become VERY important.

Beware throwing the baby out w/the bathwater...

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Late_vamp
    see i think that because of todays society , almost nothing is left "taboo" . every aspect has been reviewed

so because now people are more "open minded" and the world is turning upside down , then suddenly some people think its right to act a certain way . im not saying there is only ONE way that you can be right , but its not "traditional" , its very , umm , how could i say this , well lets put it this way , because now women with all those equal rights they think they can be like men , but i THINK some men are thinking the same as women "hey if they can use makeup to look better ...why cant we ?!?!"
    Is it that they think its "right" or are they seeking something? Do you think that men are losing (or gaining) something by behaving this way?

i'm not sure that intelligent women are stuck up. i think they are just intimidating to men who are scared of smart, strong women. being intelligent doesn't automatically make one stuck up, just more knowledgeable about the things going on in the world and maybe more suspicious of people and situations. if intelligent women were such ice queens then why are a majority of them married or in long term relationships?

it takes a strong man to stand by a strong woman, yes it does...

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree that intelligent woman are presumed stuckup by men before they are even given a chance. Without actually talking to someone you can't know if they are one thing or another!

And I have known several people to say attractive women have it difficult at times because of men's reactions to them. For example, Older men giving them hard times, and so on but I don't think that would constitute them having it harder when relationships come into play!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

I once knew a pretty girl who was stuckup because she thought she has to be given exceptions and that she is worth more than others (She based worth on looks). She had unrealistic expectations of people around her and always thought of herself as a victim of others when in reality the opposite was true. But then again I have known lots of pretty girls who were nice and honest with others so I can't argue either way
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I know I get "harder" for pretty girls.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast