+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The beginning of an endless struggle...

I have another problem to my problem... (I know, it's never going to end!)

I go to college about a hour away from home. This girl he is seeing goes to college in my hometown. I have tons of friends up here, but there is one in particular that I always talk to about everything. So naturally I went to her, and it just so happens she went to high school with this girl and her boyfriend. She informed me that she is bad news! And she's been cheating on her current boyfriend since the middle of high school. She tells all these guys the same story... she doesnt love her boyfriend.. she just doesnt want to hurt his feelings. (How lame). But my friend told me she actually does care about him, she just likes being in control and have 2 guys at her disposal. Which is why her major makes sense (pyschology).

I'm positive he doesnt know this information and I honestly dont know what difference it would make. I dont know whether I should tell him.... or let him figure it out on his own. I dont want him to think I'm prying, but I also feel bad for keeping it from him. Because if the situation were reversed, I would appreciate him letting me know if he knew anything of this nature.
    As I bear the darkness into battle, my suffering becomes my strength.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think when it comes to other people's love lifes, it is best to mind your own business. He is probably aware of his girlfriend's behavior on some level, and chooses to stay with her anyway.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yes, I think it is best to keep to your own business. It seems like enough people know that if he really wanted to know he would by now. The information is their for the asking. He doesn't seem to want to admit it is all.

What an interesting story. I'm more used to hearing about men treating women this way than women treating men this way.

I have gotten too involved in a friend's situation in the past.....and the truth is that they are much better coming to their own conclusions in their own time.

What he is doing may not be good for him, but it isn't like he is in danger of eating arsenic or something. Sounds like he is setting himself up to learn the hard way.

Also...who knows? Maybe in time this girl will finally break up with her old boyfriend and become more committed to your friend. Perhaps she is just having a difficult time doing that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    I think when it comes to other people's love lifes, it is best to mind your own business. He is probably aware of his girlfriend's behavior on some level, and chooses to stay with her anyway.
    This is probably why I haven't told him. He should be able to figure it out for himself... since everyone else has. I guess I dont want him to find out... then ask me if I've known... and then get mad for me not coming to him with this information in the first place. Guys can be fickle like that...
    As I bear the darkness into battle, my suffering becomes my strength.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yea but he hasn't listened to anything else you have tried to tell him about her, so how can he expect you to be the one to give the information? not to mention he would have no way of knowing you even knew anything about her from anyone else.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12