+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stress

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    And this is why Bluevette should never be allowed to leave LF, let alone be forced out!...
    Can someone explain to me what happened around Bluevette? In PM, if needs be. I was just getting used to and beginning to appreciate some of his obnoxiously convential wisdom.
    Speak less. Say more.

Of course you don't, he could murder someone and you'd find an excuse for it. I bet if your boyfriend was ANTI-WEED, you would RIGHT NOW in this VERY post be talkin about how anti-weed you are, how disgusting it is, and how "big a deal" it is to you, etc etc.. I'd be willing to bet everything I own on that.
    Yes, becasue smoking weed is the same as murder....please...
    Good to know you'd be losing everything you own......

First off who said I was PRO-weed? I just don't have a problem with it. IF I were, I'd be sucking it up myself...I was just using it as an example....it had nothing to do with why I started this thread....

It's his body/mind.....he's an adult he can make his own choices....as can I.
    It IS possible to love someone dispite their faults......no one is perfect.

Yet... he's... still smoking cigarettes... so basically that sentence there is.. worthless?
    It's called an addiction.......it's not that easy...

It's your life.
    yes it IS, and I'm sure it's not as bitter and boring as yours.
    Last edited by Commendable; 02-02-06 at 02:27 AM.

Tone Guest
    Commendable, I'm sorry you took offense to my post so much you had to respond in that manner. It wasn't my intent.

I really do hope everything works out for the best for you. Good luck, darlin.

Urgh stress is the reason I avoid relasionships.

Give it a few weeks and this is what your b/f will think...

Weed > you. Trust me I've been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Converse
    ...Weed > you. ...
    Most likely. Sadly.
    Speak less. Say more.

Urgh stress is the reason I avoid relasionships.

Give it a few weeks and this is what your b/f will think...

Weed > you. Trust me I've been there.
    what's this "weed or me" shit? why's everyone so intolerant? it's not coke or crack.

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    Most likely. Sadly.
    Exactly it'll be like I'm gonna be an hour late to meet you because I've 'gotta go pick up'. I'm never dating a weed smoker again, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by alice
    what's this "weed or me" shit? why's everyone so intolerant? it's not coke or crack.
    Thank you.

Pot smokers and nonsmokers can live together in peace and harmony.....

Why does a person have to choose one or the other?

It's sound like everyone is saying a perosn that smokes weed has to be a lone for the rest of their lives.

Sorry if I took offense Tone, but that's how it came across to me.

Not intolerance. Just experience. Interestingly, alcoholics often say the exact thing about alcohol. "It's not..." whatever.
    Speak less. Say more.

Exactly it'll be like I'm gonna be an hour late to meet you because I've 'gotta go pick up'. I'm never dating a weed smoker again, ever.
    Everone has their vices, for me it's horses....sometimes he'll want me to come stragiht over...but I"ll tell him no, I need to go see my horse for a little while....it's the same thing IMO.

If he need to be a few mintue late to light up, as long as he lets me know he's going to be doing that and running late.....that's fine.

Now if he just shows up late without telling me, there's gonna be an issue.

Most people grow out of smoking weed when they leave school, I just think it's sad when they carry on smoking it for years and years. The whole stoner clieche is just really tierd. Most people who smoke it heavy for years end up with mental illness, laziness, they can't even string a sentance together and end up a vegatble, the smell makes me feel ill etc. That's just my opinion, feel free to do what you want lol. :].

Commendable.

Weed to me is also no big deal. Some people enjoy a drink with their dinner, some like a few puffs. The only problem I see with it is its illegality. And that is not the problem of the dope smokers but the law makers, IMHO.

It only matters what you think. But you know this and don't need any reassurance from me.

I also wonder if this isn't a largely American subscribed forum and that perhaps the approach to pot smoking is cultural.

....AND.....

as for what you actually originally wrote about....

I get so Stressed out in new relationships or releationships in general. I am trying / learning to calm down, breath and relax. Knowing that I can't control situations and that if he chooses something that isn't me...it is probably for the best anyhow, etc. Trying to work hard on being an open communicator - that's a hard one since I like to play my cards close to my chest.

...If it is any consolation, as I (as many have) have been hurt in the past....with my current relationship ... I feel as though what is developing is more grounded and solid than others I've been in. ALSo....I think that having been hurt before I know now that I can survive and that my happiness and state of well being does not live and die on another person. I'm far more independent now (almost so much so that it is hard to be in a relationship) - but this and my own passions / interests give me things to focus on and retreat to when I'm feeling down or confused about the relationship so that my every thought and desire does not have to be hung up on in.

In the end I think it potentially can create for a better relationship - one where we're not tied to each other's strings, but we come together simply because we enjoy each other.
    Last edited by clynn; 02-02-06 at 02:59 AM.

Everything in moderation is the key.

While I'll be among the first to admit Americans are, by and large, tight-a**ed in general, I don't think a general societal disdain for alcohol or drug use is particularly unique to Americans, or especially informative of us. It's just that, after a time, it seems to me, using any substance purely for the sake of its psychomorphic effects becomes a dubious practice. Not to mention, eventually, costly. I can't count how many Corvettes I've shoved up my nose.
    Speak less. Say more.

Well, I guess, Whayward - it is largely personal.

For me, I've never tried the chemical stuff and stuffing things up your nose is A LOT more expensive than marijuana (at least where I live). Occasional marijuana use is not going to bankrupt anybody.

I have also been educated to believe that cocaine is severely addictive. I've worked with people who have lost their jobs for not showing up cuz of cocaine. But I've never worked with someone who has lost their job for smoking dope - and I have worked with lots of people who've both smoked dope and done cocaine. (funny that is...adn I've worked in such different industries!)

And I certainly wouldn't dare suggest that Americans are tight-assed. That would be rude and also uninformed. I am however wondering out loud if there are differenet cultural perspectives on this. In Holland where they sell it in some cafes and in Canada where there is some degree of decriminalization occurring....there may be laxer attitudes ... across the board....amongst non users as well as users?
    Last edited by clynn; 02-02-06 at 03:06 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast