+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream job

Quote Originally Posted by Late_vamp
    mafia or if not what my uncle does , works for microsoft and all he does all day is play xbox testing games and watches movies and gets paid very well .

ps: alot of people said that they actually saw me later on as being in a mafia . Thing is i cut that path a while ago because i knew it would bring me to a dead end .
    are you italian? if not, i think they wouldn't want you.

A well paid manager of some sort that only has to sit around in an office and go to some meetings, and works weekdays 9 to 5.

I guess I'm lucky since I already have my dream job and the prospects are looking good

For the last 5 years it has been a steady climb for me in the employment area, I wonder what the future holds for me if this trend is to continue Mmmm
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

my dream job, and maybe you guys can help me with this... is where i work from home, in a solo office, left alone. no bosses breathing down your neck. no co-workers causing drama all the time.

mikey says that's a writing career.

My dream job is to be a Physician.

When I was younger, I remember visits to my doctor. He made me feel so special. He was like a friend. My school was just around the corner from the his office, and sometimes, when school ended, i'd go in there and just hang out with him. I gave the receptionist a hard time too. he didn't mind.

those were the good old days. i miss him a lot.

he inspired me to follow his footsteps.

the medical profession is undergoing so much change right now. i bet being a doc isn't the same as it was 20, or even 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    the medical profession is undergoing so much change right now. i bet being a doc isn't the same as it was 20, or even 10 years ago.

yeah..........

....but did you tune into the state of the union address today? bush is proposing tort reform!!!!!!!!

isn't that some sort of protection for doctors when it comes to malpractice?

it definately is not what it used to be

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RSK
    My dream job is to be a Physician.

When I was younger, I remember visits to my doctor. He made me feel so special. He was like a friend. My school was just around the corner from the his office, and sometimes, when school ended, i'd go in there and just hang out with him. I gave the receptionist a hard time too. he didn't mind.

those were the good old days. i miss him a lot.

he inspired me to follow his footsteps.
    Would you still want it if you would only make $40K a year?

I'd have a hard time recommending medicine to any young bright mind these days. Especially in Canada, unless you enjoy being frustrated and unable to do the best job you know your COULD do if the government wasn't so involved.

Quote Originally Posted by indigosoul

I'd have a hard time recommending medicine to any young bright mind these days. Especially in Canada, unless you enjoy being frustrated and unable to do the best job you know your COULD do if the government wasn't so involved.
    i don't think your feelings differ from docs in the u.s. very much. they could do so much more if the gov. were more involved, or at least treated ALL citizens equally.

rsk- i've seen his plan coming from the get go. little by little our health care system is going to become like that of a third world country wherein only the very few wealthy can afford a by-pass, or anti-biotics. or has it already become that way?

Quote Originally Posted by indigosoul

If I was only making $40K a year, I can HONESTLY say that I will still want to be a Physician. I am NOT doing it for the money, or any kind of family pressure either. These two reasons seem to be the highest ranked, in terms of kids wanting to pursue medicine for wrong reasons.

I was in an Emergency Room not too long ago. I can sense the frustration from doctors, and patients. In England, EVERYTHING is paid for. The government takes care of medical bills. It's completely socialized. Of course, if you have a little extra money, you can afford private care which place you in 'better' hospitals. and in the socialized healthcare, the facilities are kind of bad...

...but it's still paid for by the government. over here, in the States, it is SCARY as hell!

Managed Care is Horrible. I remember talking to whaywardj about this: Doctors are being pulled by business owners, with stakes at the hospital, by patients with such high expectations, and insurance companies, which set restricted guidlines... i mean, the stuff is so tedious - the technicalities what procedures or exames doctors can/cannot perform...

...i just hope things get better withing the next 5-10 years. i mean, improvements can ONLY be made, when a certain system 'fails completely'...

...maybe a reform is around the corner!

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    my dream job, and maybe you guys can help me with this... is where i work from home, in a solo office, left alone. no bosses breathing down your neck. no co-workers causing drama all the time.

mikey says that's a writing career.
    hey, i got your dream job! but you see, where it got me … since i've got no more colleagues to talk to during working hours, i've ended up in here – you still think, this could be your dream job?

I would hate to work in a home office; I'm too social to be all hermit like.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    I would hate to work in a home office; I'm too social to be all hermit like.
    wotking at home doesn't mean you're can't be social. i am very social, but i need my hermit phases as well. they help me stay social.

Hell I work in an office now; but I'm a 1-man department so I'm bored to death.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    Hell I work in an office now; but I'm a 1-man department so I'm bored to death.
    working alone in an office is very different from working at home. whenever i feel i need to be with somebody, i just turn off the computer and go see 'em. you would probably get into serious trouble with your boss if you did the same.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast