+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lets see what it is like without sex seems same as break up

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think it is odd, depending on how old he is (but maybe a bit intrusive). Once grown children hit the age of around 30, parents like to see them settle down so they can look forward to grandchildren.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    I don't think it is odd, depending on how old he is (but maybe a bit intrusive). Once grown children hit the age of around 30, parents like to see them settle down so they can look forward to grandchildren.
    True, I forgot to mention the age factor. I'm 22 and I'd hate it if my parents got involved.

I'm not on the pill or anything like that. We'd been using condoms. It is something we've talked about and he was comfortable with me not being on the pill.

Hmm. I know...I find it interesting that he would be getting pressure from siblings and parents as well. My family doesn't really get involved that way. They certainly ask about him, in a caring way...but not in a nosey, when are you getting married...is this the guy for you? sort of way. Partly because my siblings are very slow movers themselves and are themselves resistant to interference. I know my mom in particular would be dying to know more and ask, but has learned over the years not to push her children!

So...I can't critisize or comment on the involvement from his family. It isn't the same as mine...and I know that I personally would feel undue stress from such questions. But I'm sure that their intentions come from a good place and, after all, it is his family and not mine....so I can only say it is neither good nor bad, just different.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    And why are you freaked? I'm sure it will be ok!
    Cuz I anticipate it being painful / uncomfortable / intrusive. And I get pretty squeamish about all things like that.

Don't speculate.
    Give both of you some time away from each other.
    Ask yourself how will your life be if this thing never happens.
    I understand that things may not be looking up for you now. Carry on with what you will do normally. This may distract you at times. I hope it helps.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Aww come on OV. You don't have to start trouble with everyone, you know.
    Sure he does, that's the only way anyone gives him any attention, and he knows it.

clynn - I'm sorry to hear this. :(

We've been talking since then but that's all. He seems to be pretty upfront about all of his plans and giving me a play by play of what he is doing.

Yesterday when he called me up I wasn't home adn didn't get home until later in the evening. He was nervous when I talked with him.

After stressing about the whole thing for a couple of days, I actually felt kind of weary and although he was very interested in talking, I simply wasn't all there.

He then laid out exactly what and with whom and how he plans on spending his upcoming days (his buddies) - I'll be cramming for my upcoming exam for the next week and a bit.

Then he emailed me first thing this morning to give me an update on something we talked about.

Geeesh.

He's coming over tonight so I will give him back his stuff he wouldn't take the other night cuz I don't want any phony reasons to keep things open, you know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12