+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asking for stuff back?

Tone Guest
    Yeah, like me now.

Yeah, I think it depends on the length of relationship. For me, this was just a 3-4 week fling, mutual breakoff, and I feel something has changed today- like the worst is over and in a couple weeks I'll just not care about the guy so much. It's been 2 months, a long time I think to get over that short of a thing, and I know for a "real" and longer relationship, it can take much longer. Everyone's different, huh?

That's right. And really, even if you do have a bit of feelings for him or whatever ---- I'm sure that you can deal with them in order to get your earrings back. And if there is any after affect from it..you'll survive!

But if that's the case, I wouldn't even bother waiting the 2 weeks, just go for it, get the earrings back and then you can really be done with it for good!

That's so true!

just be honest with yourself (that's MUCH MUCH MUCH easier said than done). there are some ex's i don't ever want to see again...because something would surface...longing, anger, whatever. others, i know i'd be ok.

the amount of time it takes is a very case by case sort of thing...it's all on you...
    You don't scare me. I got chunks of guys like you in my stool!

Ha, now you all are confusing me. That's exactly how I felt before posting though, like I'd be fine contacting him whatever happens, but at the same time want to be very careful with my emotions. Yes, I might be upset or sad if he isn't glad to hear from me, doesn't mention keeping in touch or being friends, but I won't burst into tears or anything like before. In a way it would be better to get it over with now instead of holding onto the fact that I "get to" contact him eventually for the earrings. They are important to me, I've thought through that.

My gut and close friends say I do just need to give it some more time though, at least a couple wks- it will not hurt to wait. As Oprah says, and we all know she is God, just kidding, "Doubt means don't." There could be a large debate on that, it's not always true of course, but in relationships I think it's often a good idea. Who knows, maybe he'll call & it will be his move & then I can mention the earrings & be glad I didn't call sooner. As for your comment, toohot4pants, I am inclined to think he's fine talking to me/seeing me without feelings resurfacing. The last time we saw each other before the "talk" we knew things were fizzling out, and it was awkward and no affection or anything, so I feel we might have crossed that bridge already. And he is the one who called twice afterwards... Hard to tell though, no more analysis for me. Ah, the drama...!
    Last edited by lauren_gal25; 15-02-06 at 06:39 AM. Reason: grammar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12