+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ever heard the quote "God DAMNIT!!!"

Of course a 15 year old can love.

I believe you - even if others don't!

But, still - you are 15 and respecting your parents and her parents is the best thing to do.

They do sound pretty strict, but they don't sound horrible. At least you get to talk to her on the phone and stuff.

If you've been friends this long already - and you're only 15,... you could indeed try just being friends with her again...if the relationship as it stands doesn't suit you.

King Zarathu Guest
    Thanks for the good words clynn.

I was thinking back on this, and I really just want to know inside that she cares. I don't trust her as much as I used to because she lies, and I'm not sure when she's lying or not. I have proof because of a count of 3-4 situations I've caught her lying to me. It takes one bomb to blow the building up, but years to rebuild it.

The thing is, I don't respect her parents. In my opinion, everybody is worth just as much as anybody else. What have they done to earn my respect? Her mother has a HORRIBLE choice in men, the first husband was an aggrevated sex offender and this one abuses my girlfriend physically and mentally. So, I feel like killing them.

I know our trust can be rebuilt. It's so hard because I know that if things get sorted out they can be WONDERFUL! In our freshman year of high school it was paradise. I had 100% trust in her, we loved each other crazily, we almost never argued but we had our times--and then within 5 minutes the argument was over with. She was the best girlfriend I've ever had. I know this is true, tears shed as I type this.

See, maybe you should know some background info...

Over summer my dad and step-mom (whom I no longer talk to or see, period) played a horrible joke on us that ruined everything. They made it seem like I had serious psychological disorders that prevented me from being with a woman, ever, until I was "healed." Being the manipulated and immature person I was, I believed them because I never thought they could lie. Later on, my aunt revealed to me that it was a way to keep me under control because my dad could not emotionally handle me growing up. I found out, went through some SERIOUS hell (physical and psychological abuse from my dad) and moved out to live with my mom. I ended up not being able to even write a letter to Jordyn for nearly 2 months. Every single day Jordyn wrote in a journal about what happened that day and her thoughts to me. It was extremely ironic that after I had moved out of my dads house and she was able to talk to me again she had just completed the last page of the 70-page spiral

Jordyn's (my girlfriend) mom thinks that I moved out because I could "get away with more" at my moms house. Now, tell me what these people have done to earn my respect? Is it no wonder that I have no respect for these people? Oh, I forgot to mention, Jordyn's step-dad was in on the game too, I later found out directly from the step-dad.

It was all a game! Tonight Jordyn will call me and her mom said she's going to have a word with me, and I'm going to calmly and without aggression tell her what I think of the situation at hand and try to work something out. I find that it's always better to go directly to the source of a problem and work on it there than do it through somebody.

I'll update later tonight.

[EDIT: There's more stuff that has happened, but it's just too much to put into a single post people would willingly give their time to read. As comments follow I'll give info as necessary.]

It sounds very complicated.

I will wait for the update.

King Zarathu Guest
    blah.. it's just weird. i feel all nervous, stomach butterflies n shit. i get this way everytime i get ready to talk to her parents.

No matter how you feel personally, you can still behave in a respectful manner.

King Zarathu Guest
    Apparently, I was not able to talk to her mom. I talked to Jordyn, however, and when Jordyn asked her mom if she would talk to me she said "no, that isn't necessary." She also screamed into the phone from across the room (which is as far as she would go) that she didn't want my beliefs in her house and that she didn't want my beliefs affecting Jordyn. When I said "ask her why it's okay for us to hang out in public then" to which I never got a reply from the mother, even though Jordyn asked.

Gay? Very.

Later, though, we had a very emotional conversation that I can't type because there is no true way to put it into words. Anyway, it's the start to construct a new level a trust and a new relationship, we settled some things.

But yeah, I found out that her step-dad didn't let her mother talk to me because I was going to change her mind and "manipulate" her, which is a huge deal of the step-dad. He's really creepy. I don't know how this happened, but about 8-10 months ago he got a picture of me and my ex-girlfriend kissing and it was kept under his keyboard. He's totally stalkerish. When Jordyn and I are talking on her home phone, he picks up and listens until I say "hey, tell your step-dad he's blatant" and then he hangs up lol.

gg intelligence -.-

Gross.

What are your beliefs? Are you a Satan worshiper or something?

King Zarathu Guest
    I have my own set of beliefs. Basically, to lay it out, I hate Christianity. Specifically Christianity, not Christians. I have many Christian friends and I completely believe that everybody is entitled to their own set of beliefs, opinions, and feelings. Jordyn's parents are bigots, and I hate them for it.

See, my thought of God is that he is a force of nature more than a living emotional entity. I think that if I were out there creating worlds and universes, I wouldn't give a shit about anybody here on earth. I don't think he has a long white beard with sandles, keeping track of the actions of every single individual.

I also think that it is ridiculous of Christians to hate each other for being in a different branch! The Catholics hate everybody and think that if you do a couple bad deeds in your life (which might not be your fault, depending on the psychological problems that God gave you!) you'll be condemned to Hell by somebody that...loves you?

Anyways, I shouldn't get started on it. I'm peaceful at heart, I just don't like bullshit

<3333333

Those views are hardly revolutionary, even for (liberal) Christians. I think they are more concerned about the possibility of sexual activity, and perhaps that because you don't share their religious beliefs, that you will not respect the ban on premarital sex.

That, and you have been blatantly disrespectful of her parents knowing that they could hear you. Christian or not, that quality is not endearing coming from a kid.

You know if you were to calm down a bit on the whole religion front you'd probably be easier to get along with.

Obviously Christianity, as all religions, has problems and has been represented by hypocrites and bad people for many years.

HOWEVER.....you don't have to dig very hard to find all the good things about Christianity.

How about.....now just consider this before you go off half-cocked arguing that it is bogus Bullcrap....

....how about you spend time and effort TRYING to find the good points? Why not? It certainly wouldn't HURT anything.

And I'm sure you already know the good points. But perhaps just focusing on those and the good things might just help a little.

What I'm saying....you know the whole "relationships are about compromise" thing? Sounds to me like you are forced into a compromising situation for the time being.

IT also sounds like the relationship with Jordyn is ultimately worth the compromises you may have to make.

So, sucking it up and playing along with the folks on the Christianity front for a little bit might just ease things up (a wee bit). Certainly more than fighting them on it will

Also, the fact that you are even analyzing and thinking about religion at all is a Good Thing, for sure.

I certainly do think it is good for everyone to look at all different angles of religion and come to terms with it themself. For most people this is a life long process.

King Zarathu Guest
    Don't take this offensively, but you guys are acting like I forcefully shove in their face how terrible I find Christianity. I've brought it up twice with them. The first time was when she asked me what I believed, and I told her, which was about a year ago. Second time was recently when they wanted her to do research on what I believed in. lmao.

Another thing--I think it'd be pretty hard to make a religion that was all bad. I know Christianity has it's good points, I try to take the good out of all religions and add them to my own, but if they conflict, I debate the points within myself.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    That, and you have been blatantly disrespectful of her parents knowing that they could hear you.
    What exactly do you mean by "they could hear you"? They could hear me what?

It is a tuff one. There aren't a lot of things quite as powerful as religion.

While I consider myself a spiritual person, I too would have difficulty with very strong religious viewpoints on a continual basis.

"When Jordyn and I are talking on her home phone, he picks up and listens until I say "hey, tell your step-dad he's blatant" and then he hangs up lol."

You don't think this is a bit provocative? Also, maybe you missed the part where I said that your views are actually compatable with some of the liberal branches of Christianity.

King Zarathu Guest
    Yeah, so show me the part where I should respect him when he is trying to intrusively disrespect our privacy! Please explain this. I don't respect either of them, but I don't show it to their face, I don't tell them what I'd REALLY want to say to them.

Liberal branches of Christianity? Umm.. No. Let me explain this...

Christianity = "Jesus MUST be the son of God. God cares."
    Me = "Possible, but not in my eyes. Possible, but not in my eyes."

Good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by clynn
    While I consider myself a spiritual person, I too would have difficulty with very strong religious viewpoints on a continual basis.
    And that just so happens to be a beautiful thing in my eyes

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast