+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for the women at about 30

I'm with Lloyd here. There's nothing immature about getting a kick at someone who doesn't grasp the english language and tried to make up words that dont exist. At 32 you should be able to speak without saying things like Funnily.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL.. Oh my!

Anyways, how about someone not wanting to date someone 7yrs younger than them becasue of the maturity level and becasue they could be at differnet places in there life. I mean twenty something's, for the most part, are still figuring themsleves out. When your in your thirties, for the most part, you should have more of an idea about yourself and are less likely to be experimenting with things!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

20 is young. you just got done being a teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowjasmin
    And yes, the age gap matters. To me, if I'm dating a guy who's 7 yrs younger, i won't take him serious. I might like him a lot..physically, but wouldnt think of spending my life time with someone who's that much younger than me.
    That's just me..
    She already told me that she likes me a lot, but I don't think she means just physically. I'm not ugly, but not one you would classify as a great looking guy either... About average on that point in my own oppinion.
    I've known this girl for about 2 years now, and we've spent a lot of time together and we really connect, so I think you're wrong about it only being a physical attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarbabe72
    Hi, well im 32, female and dated a 22 yr old male for 2 years. I can honestly say the age gap wasnt a problem. We were both on the same level mentally.

I did at times feel a bit funny about the age gap, but I went with what my heart told me. I loved this guy and it felt right, no matter what the age gap.

Funnily enough, I broke it off with him, and then moments later I realised I had made a mistake. If he gave me the chance, he would be the man I spent the rest of my life with, no matter what the age gap is.

I dont care what anyone says. It all depends on the situation..
    I think this is a bit like our relationship (except that we haven't been together, although other people have been mistaking us for a couple). She also found another guy on her own age, with whom she's together now, but it's not working out very well.
    She told me a little over a month ago, that she actually regretted being with him instead of me and that a lot of people had told her that she wouldn't find anyone better for her than me. When she told me this we had been talking a lot about different stuff and I found out that she wasn't actually happy with the other guy. It was very emotional and she cried a lot in my arms too. I told her that she shouldn't do what other people told her to, but follow her heart and do what SHE wants instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch
    Maybe she's afraid people will think she's ridiculous. Women dating younger men has a different consequence socially than men dating younger women.
    I think you're kinda right about this one, and I hope I'll be able to convince her to don't give a shit about what other people thinks. That's the way she is about almost every other thing she does, so it should be possible to make her look at this the same way...

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    LOL.. Oh my!

Anyways, how about someone not wanting to date someone 7yrs younger than them becasue of the maturity level and becasue they could be at differnet places in there life. I mean twenty something's, for the most part, are still figuring themsleves out. When your in your thirties, for the most part, you should have more of an idea about yourself and are less likely to be experimenting with things!
    Maybe you're right. I think she's different though. She married at a young age but was divorced again about 3 years ago. I have the feeling that she did her "experimenting" after her divorce, so in that way she's not that much "older" than myself.
    We're definately in different places in our lives though, since she has a kid that she has to think about too (I absolute adore the guy, and we get along great!). I won't ever have a problem with that but I don't know if she realizes this though.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    20 is young. you just got done being a teenager.
    Not that I care much about my age, but just for the record (it is afterall relevant in this concern), I'm 23

In spite of the little offtopic-ness this thread took, I feel that I've gotten some good answers and learned some actually pretty obvious things that I just hadn't thought of that I'll think about.
    I'll let her sort things out with her current boyfriend without interfering too much though, and then hopefully take it from there...

It seems to me that this the way the current situation is --- is that she has a boyfriend. If she is unhappy with him, she shouldn't be with him. But she is, so that doesn't seem to be the full story there.

I think the fact that she has a boyfriend is a bigger deal than the age gap.

Quote Originally Posted by clynn
    It seems to me that this the way the current situation is --- is that she has a boyfriend. If she is unhappy with him, she shouldn't be with him. But she is, so that doesn't seem to be the full story there.

I think the fact that she has a boyfriend is a bigger deal than the age gap.
    I know this fact makes me look kinda bad. But I've known this girl from before she was together with her current boyfriend, and actually thought that I we were gonna be together when all of a sudden she finds this guy...

Sure, it made me kinda mad and disappointed, and I tried to get her out of my head. Us being coworkers made this kinda hard though, but after a while I looked at her as nothing more than a very good friend...
    Then a little more than a month ago she made it clear to me that she wasn't happy with him. It did seem kinda rushed in the first place, they started seeing each other 9 months ago and they moved in together after a month or two...
    Since that day we started talking more again, but I still kept it friends only although inside I felt my love for her starting to grow again. Even though it hurt I told her to do what she wanted instead of what people told her to do, which was practically to be with me...
    Since then we she has told me several times that it isn't going well with her current boyfriend, and this weekend we ended up kissing on her initiative and she told me how much she liked me...

I'm pretty sure it's not going to last much longer between them but as I already said, I'm gonna let her work that out on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by foolinlove
    I know this fact makes me look kinda bad. But I've known this girl from before she was together with her current boyfriend, and actually thought that I we were gonna be together when all of a sudden she finds this guy...

Sure, it made me kinda mad and disappointed, and I tried to get her out of my head. Us being coworkers made this kinda hard though, but after a while I looked at her as nothing more than a very good friend...
    Then a little more than a month ago she made it clear to me that she wasn't happy with him. It did seem kinda rushed in the first place, they started seeing each other 9 months ago and they moved in together after a month or two...
    Since that day we started talking more again, but I still kept it friends only although inside I felt my love for her starting to grow again. Even though it hurt I told her to do what she wanted instead of what people told her to do, which was practically to be with me...
    Since then we she has told me several times that it isn't going well with her current boyfriend, and this weekend we ended up kissing on her initiative and she told me how much she liked me...

I'm pretty sure it's not going to last much longer between them but as I already said, I'm gonna let her work that out on her own.
    hmm....anyone see something is wrong in this picture..or is it just me? first of, she didn't want you that's why she found someone else when there was you. now, bc she's not happy w. this guy, she turns back to you. sorry dude, but she's spinning you... big time. She might sweet talk you and all those good stuffs..but at her age, this seems like she's playing reserve with you. anyhoo, if i were you, i wouldn't put myself out there for this girl. not worth your love. Either she plays you or she's living her teenage years-indecisive and have no clue what the heck she 's doing, which I'm sure is not the case.
    anyhoo, good luck and hope you'll find someone who treasures you.
    Circumstances or people can take away your material possessions, they can take away your money, and they can take away your health. But no one can ever take away our precious memories. So, don't forget to make time and take the opportunities to make memories everyday. To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12