+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do your partners ex-partners bother you?

::i could've swore i posted in here before, oh well::

Quote Originally Posted by ov
    That because your a girl. I dont think it has anything to do with comparison.
    since when does "because you're a girl" constitute a valid argument? really ov, i would like to hear this...

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    since when does "because you're a girl" constitute a valid argument? really ov, i would like to hear this...
    You disagree that opposite sexes view their partner's sexual histories differently?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

i dont personally have a problem keeping one because i dont let the past bother me. NOW if she keeps bringng up her ex bf to me then i will have a problem because she obviously still has feeling for him. But i agree with you in some circumstances i wouldnt even get entangled in a relationship due to the persons past.

But you don't usually know the persons past until you are well into the relationship?

Picture this for instance...
    You and your wife, love each other dearly. One night, she goes for a walk and is raped by some low life. She gets pregnant but of course has an abortion.
    (knock on wood that never happens)

Now, of course you can not hold this against her, and you can't really let this get in the way of your relationship and love for eachother, but next time you and her have sex, or do anything intimate, you can not say it would not botther you that some other guys dick was in her, and he cummed inside of her.

I realise they are completely different circumstances, but they do share a lot of similarities

Quote Originally Posted by Neveryoumind
    But you don't usually know the persons past until you are well into the relationship?

You and your wife, love each other dearly. One night, she goes for a walk and is raped by some low life. She gets pregnant but of course has an abortion.

Now, of course you can not hold this against her, and you can't really let this get in the way of your relationship and love for eachother, but next time you and her have sex, or do anything intimate, you can not say it would not botther you that some other guys dick was in her, and he cummed inside of her.

I realise they are completely different circumstances, but they do share a lot of similarities
    The sex would be more likely uncomfortable for her months even after the event..not for the man. It's the victim that suffers here, this is sex by force, its totally different. I wouldn't hold it against her, I would hold it against the guy who raped her...and may god, mohammed, what ever the other gods out there help him if I came face to face with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    You disagree that opposite sexes view their partner's sexual histories differently?

yes i disagree, i believe that PEOPLE view their partner's sexual history differently. you are flat out discounting the female perspective entirely simply because it is a female perspective. some women get upset over it and some don't. some men get upset over it and some don't. explain that all knowing ov.
    Last edited by misombra; 17-03-06 at 11:30 AM.

Gee, I think we went through this already

[URL="http://www.loveforum.net/showthread.php?t=11981"]http://www.loveforum.net/showthread.php?t=11981[/URL]
    I'm drowning in assholes.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, yes we did.....many times, and I imagine this stuff will keep coming up!

Anyhow, I have only had one of the guys I dated have a problem with sexual partners. And at the time it was becasue it was more than him and he was a virgin! The guy I'm with now knows my number and it has not bothered him one bit, we talked about it openly and that was that!

So not all guys freak about ex-partners. In my opinion, it has to do with insecurity!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

you are not living posititve. i used to be that same way i would always think of the negitives that could possibly happen in the relationship, chances of something like that happenning are super slim so i would not even think of it.

King Zarathu Guest
    I am wondering how many people get frustrated by your partners ex boyfriends/girlfriends?

This really bothered me and kept bothering me in my previous relationship.

Some of it was obviously related to how did I perform compared to them, or how did I look compared to them, but those thoughts did go away eventually. What did bother me, however, was the knowledge that she had been with other guys. It seemed that we had something so special that neither one of us should have been with anyone else.
    And the idea that some other guy had previously cum in her, gave her orgasms, touched her in all areas really bothered me.

I guess, for guys, you can compare to what I have written above, and for girls, what about the idea when you go down on him, you know that he has been inside another woman?

Please discuss
    I'm not going to read the posts that followed this one, but short answer: Yes!

I think it's natural to be bothered by the ex's, but my girlfriend only kissed 2 guys before me and never went any further. Even so, it bothers the living shit out of me

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    some women get upset over it and some don't. some men get upset over it and some don't. explain that all knowing ov.
    I dont have to, I agree with it. I htink it bother women for maybe slightly different reason sometimes though.

King Zarathu Guest
    It bothers me because sometimes it gives me the feeling she still has feelings for them. Decreases self-esteem in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by LTsK8eR2gO
    It bothers me because sometimes it gives me the feeling she still has feelings for them. Decreases self-esteem in a way.
    this is THE most honest post i've ever seen in a thread such as this.

King Zarathu Guest
    Why lie? That's like lying to a therapist. It's dumb because they're the ones that can guide you

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    I dont have to, I agree with it. I htink it bother women for maybe slightly different reason sometimes though.
    and those reasons would be...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast