View Poll Results: Is it awkward for women to date shorter men?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a girl - no shorties for me, thanks

5 19.23%
  • I'm a girl - height is not an issue

5 19.23%
  • I'm a guy - no amazon women, thanks

9 34.62%
  • I'm a guy - height is not an issue

7 26.92%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Women dating shorter men

something that I don't think I will ever understand...

there is a couple in school... the kid is freakishly tall... like 6'7 or something

his girlfriend is like.. 4'9" or something... She is really short...

how they work that out I will never understand.....

I don't think dating shorties is a good idea, but it's because I think it bothers the guy. I'm only 5'9", so I don't want some guy getting all weirded out by me being taller.

If there's a guy who can handle dating a woman taller than himself without getting threatened by it, he's possibly a well-evolved person and should be given a chance.

nah dont really like dating anyone shorter than me its prefrence.
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

okay, so let me get this right... you are the SAME height as this guy but you do not want to date him b/c you like to wear high heels? Do you realize how dumb you sound? That would be like me wearing special clothes which make me look much more attractive than I really am and rejecting girls I would normally date.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoseminole
    That would be like me wearing special clothes which make me look much more attractive than I really am and rejecting girls I would normally date.
    No it wouldn't be like that at all, because it's not exactly 'special clothing' I don't normally wear (and I also don't ever date guys that aren't taller than me).

Heels just happen to be part of my everyday wardrobe, because A) I work in an office, and B) that's just what I like to wear. So that means on a day to day basis I would normally stand taller than him just wearing what I usually wear. Should I ban myself to flat shoes, something I normally dont wear or like, so I can match his height? That seems silly.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

ha ha, I used "special clothing" b/c I couldn't think of anything guys could wear to enhance their attributes. It sounds to me though like you are trying to justify your feelings. I understand you aren't attracted to shorter guys, but this guy is the SAME height as you. The only thing stopping you from dating him is that you like to wear high heels which make you artificially taller. I'm not telling you not to wear high heels. However, do not fault the guy b/c he doesn't walk around on his tippy toes all day. I think it's stupid that you are passing up a potentially good guy b/c of shoes. At the end of the day, you two are still the same height.

Neo gets rep for that, I agree.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole
    ha ha, I used "special clothing" b/c I couldn't think of anything guys could wear to enhance their attributes. It sounds to me though like you are trying to justify your feelings. I understand you aren't attracted to shorter guys, but this guy is the SAME height as you. The only thing stopping you from dating him is that you like to wear high heels which make you artificially taller. I'm not telling you not to wear high heels. However, do not fault the guy b/c he doesn't walk around on his tippy toes all day. I think it's stupid that you are passing up a potentially good guy b/c of shoes. At the end of the day, you two are still the same height.
    Neo, I'm not faulting him at all. In fact I think I referred to my problem as a 'stupid hangup', because it is indeed stupid. I'm trying to figure out why the hell this is an issue for me, when it really shouldn't be.

I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to date him though......it would be ridiculous to not even give it a chance over something so frivolous. I'm not one to just give up before I've even tried. Maybe I'll find it doesn't bother me as much when I'm with him.

PS A friend of mine got turned down by a guy once for this exact reason. They were the same height, but he told her she was 'too tall for him'. I guess it stuck with me.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've dated a few guys shorter then me.... And then dated a few guys taller...(I'm 5' 8 and a half" Honestly I like being with a guy who is taller...... Then I don't feel like a giant compared to him....hehe

But honestly if I met a nice guy who was a tad shorter then me.....then I wouldn't rule him out.. But I do prefer taller.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

wow, I had no idea so many girls and guys cared so much about height. Nothing but a big difference in height that causes practical problems would put me off a guy. Slightly shorter slightly taller, who cares? Though, yes, I admit, slightly taller is preferred. In general, guys are taller than women anyway so it works out.

Summer, since you say he's a really good catch, why not just try wearing some flats (better for your back anyway) and give him a chance? Maybe your hang up will fade when you get to know him. If it doesn't though, I suppose you'll just exclude the dating material below a certain height, if it's that important to you.

wait hold up a minute .... 5'7 is considered short ... then whats the average ?!?! ... geez im 5'8 here , altho when i wear any type of shoe ... running or more classy , they always put you up no matter what brand makes it , so unless im barefoot im actually 5'9 (im not 5'8 exactly ... like 5'8 and 1.5 cm lol) .

Something iv noticed , is that women always put men who are near their height shorter than they are . for example ... I had a gf that was 5'6 ... she used to say that she was actually taller than me , she actually tought that until after about a month of dating , we were both barefoot and she told me "haha , im taller than you " ... so we went and faced a mirror , to where we stood next to each other ... yea , i had about 2 extra inches than her ... yet she was convinced she was taller ...

wtv , after that she just shut her mouth and even with heels , she was the same height as me . we even had to do that twice ... and for the next week everywhere we went she keept looking at the stores windows and reflections because she keept thinking i "tricked" her .

so what if hes your height , who cares ? who likes him ? the ppl who sees you together or is it you ?

its like saying " just because she doesnt have C cup breasts or D cups , i wont date her ... or im less satisfied with her ...even if everything else is great ."
    anyways ... with age youll shrink alot more and he'll be a tad taller then .

Height isnt an issue, I think weight is more of an issue.
    She might be willing to date a shorter guy, as long as she isnt also heavier.

I'm 5.9, I would never date a girl taller than me (again)
    "You attract people by the qualities you display. You keep them by the qualities you possess"

I wouldn't date a guy shorter then me, but then I'm only 5'1".

Actually, my two husbands were both 6'4".

I don't mind shorter guys, but I do prefer the stocky barrel-chested type

Quote Originally Posted by moonlight View Post
    I wouldn't date a guy shorter then me, but then I'm only 5'1".

Actually, my two husbands were both 6'4".

I don't mind shorter guys, but I do prefer the stocky barrel-chested type
    You shrimps should leave the tall guys to us Amazon-types!
    Spammer Spanker

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast