+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dreams, Dreams, Dreams

I know all ok, maybe I don't
    The point is that during the day everything get's stuffed into your short term memory and when you go to sleep your brain moves it all to the long term memory. First it needs to analize all your memorys to find a fitting place (this is a cause of dreaming) and your brain also does a diagnostic on your body and brain during your sleep, this can be a cause of dreaming. We don't know the brain that well yet but I'm pretty certain it's one of the 2 above.
    Visio Ego Est Visio Dei

i like nightmares hehe

I rarely have nightmares anymore, though a few years ago I remember having alot of dreams of being alone in an empty, dark, and spacious subway station.....and there was always this one blood-sucking ghoul or whatever looking for me...:-/ It was freaky too, because I've had that same nightmare for quite a while at the time. (Let it be known that being alone in a dark spacious place is my #1 fear)

For dreams, I also rarely get them, but they occur more often than the nightmares (even nowadays). Some dreams were of me talking with my friends in a lunchroom, and others were me flying over my city and looking down at everything below (which was always scary too). I usually get these nightmares/dreams when I've been really stressed for the day, or haven't had a good sleep the following night..:-/

Quote Originally Posted by Zyx
    I know all ok, maybe I don't
    The point is that during the day everything get's stuffed into your short term memory and when you go to sleep your brain moves it all to the long term memory. First it needs to analize all your memorys to find a fitting place (this is a cause of dreaming) and your brain also does a diagnostic on your body and brain during your sleep, this can be a cause of dreaming. We don't know the brain that well yet but I'm pretty certain it's one of the 2 above.
    no.. short-term memory is only 15 to 30 seconds long.
    I very much doubt it's the brain inspecting the body either, because it already does that all day long (or rather, it receives messages from the body and analyses those), and also because of all the experts arguing about the biological definition of dreaming, I've never heard that theory mentioned. If you have a source for that theory I'd like to read it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12