+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You lazy sons of bitches

Heh, cute. I have a 2004 Giant Boulder SE mountain bike that I often take up to the trails a few miles from my place, as well as take my bike out on the road quite a bit. I bike for fun, and try to do it at least an hour every other day. In fact, I always thought it'd be fun to ride bike across the United States to raise money for cancer. At first I thought maybe that was asking too much. But in the last month, 2 folks have passed through my town. One is walking across the US, and the other is riding his horse across the US, both for cancer research. I'd like to do that sometime in my life, though right now college is a bit more important. I'd rather get my life established on my own first before I head out and try something like that.

Now that I have dominated your smartass stab at being lazy, I'm enthusiastic about seeing what else you'd have to say.

Oh, and for the record, I first learned to drive in a 1989 Mazda B2200 4 cyl 5 spd pickup truck. The truck had no power steering, 1/4 turn of play in the steering wheel, and the spongiest clutch I have ever experienced. Mastering the worst to start was definitely easier to learn to drive. It was overwelming at first, but a patient parent and a few trips to the church parking lot up the street resulted in mastering how to drive that pickup truck. Then when I got in my Grand Am (first car, automatic) it was purely cake. When I have kids someday, they will learn to drive in the worst situation possible first (in a parking lot of course with the truck I spoke about) then they'll be introduced to other driving situations and vehicles (vehicles with more common features such as power steering, unlike the truck).

And I have no idea what makes you think that a manual transmission draws your attention away from the road, but if anything I have been more than twice as attentive as before driving the MT vehicle I have now. Now, I am constantly watching my speed and watching the road, taking note of curves, inclines, oncoming traffic, intersections, and wet roads to make sure I am in the proper gear suited for that condition. But in the end, it's what you drive that counts for you. If an auto is for you, great. Again, LET ME REITERATE THE LAZINESS I WAS TALKING ABOUT IN THIS THREAD WAS REGARDING PEOPLE I KNOW IN REAL LIFE. It was NOT a direct stab at people who like their automatic transmission.

Thanks for the clear-up, blue toxin

Quote Originally Posted by daletom
    ...Of course, he'll have to spend some time each day grinding flour - surely only a "lazy" person would use pre-sliced, store-bought bread. NOW who's looking "lazy"?
    heheh it's funny because my mom used to bake our bread, make cheese, milk the cow, shear the sheep, hand make (spindle?) the thread and knit our clothes out of them. Not kidding. edit: don't think she ground the flower, but eh, a lot less lazy that you lot! we made butter and butter milk from the milk too. After she got repetitive strain injury from milking we got a small milking machine, though.
    Last edited by Tiay; 07-07-06 at 11:09 PM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh yeah?

I tie my own shoes.

Booya.

I'm not going to take time to read this thread.

I feel you bud. My favorite truck is an F150. You can't get them anymore with a manual transmission. It really pisses me off. I love stick shifts. Fortunately, at least for now, I can buy manual trans vehicles on the used market. I never buy new. But a time will come that I'll have to buy an auto.

I think you will always be able to buy a manual in the aftermarket; which is at least something.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    I'm not going to take time to read this thread.

I feel you bud. My favorite truck is an F150. You can't get them anymore with a manual transmission. It really pisses me off. I love stick shifts. Fortunately, at least for now, I can buy manual trans vehicles on the used market. I never buy new. But a time will come that I'll have to buy an auto.

I think you will always be able to buy a manual in the aftermarket; which is at least something.
    No, the F150 and even Ford's SuperDuty is available in 5 spd manual. In fact, that's the standard, you need to pay extra for the automatic. Same with Chevy's 1500, 2500, 3500, and Colorado.

Check this out.

[url]http://www.autobytel.com/content/Research/Decision/index.cfm[/url]

Select EVERY car type above (luxury cars, passenger cars, trucks, wagons, vans, etc) select all of them, and in the search just put transmission to manual, don't touch any other options. I was surprised as hell to see how many things came up. Did you know the Hummer H3 is available in manual? I DIDNT!

the hummer is the one that uses the same amount of fuel as a jet plane and weighs about as much too?.. god, it makes me sick. When the oil runs out you'll all realise how lazy all cars, stick or no stick, are.

edit; dont' take me too seriously ^.^
    Last edited by Tiay; 08-07-06 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiay
    the hummer is the one that uses the same amount of fuel as a jet plane and weighs about as much too?.. god, it makes me sick. When the oil runs out you'll all realise how lazy all cars, stick or no stick, are.

edit; dont' take me too seriously ^.^
    Yeah, I won't, seeing as though the US would come to a screeching hault if vehicles were no longer used. Lazy... all vehicles? No. The US depends on vehicles.

What's funny is, my 93 Grand Am GT that I just got rid of was so messed up, it got the same gas mileage a Hummer H2 did.

we used to bike into town every tuesday with bike bags to buy food. My parents biked through a lot of Ireland staying at B&B's when they came here, and my brother with a little kiddie bike! he was like .. 7? I was on a little baby seat thing though *lucky* heheh.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    City drivers aren't too keen on sharing the road with bicyclists in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    City drivers aren't too keen on sharing the road with bicyclists in America.
    True story. A few years ago when my girlfriend went to take her permit test, she was on her last question, and it dictated whether she got her driving permit or not seeing as though she had blown all of her chances to get questions wrong.

The question read something like this. If you are driving and you come up along side of a bicyclist, what do you do?

a - Keep driving slowly, go out and around them and be alert for any movements the bicyclist may make.

b - Honk your horn to alert that you are present.

c - Some other shit.

d - Some other shit.

She answered A and got it wrong, the computer said the correct answer was B. She even went to her permit book that she was given by that SAME company and said look, it even says DO NOT HONK AT BICYCLISTS BECAUSE IT MAY STARTLE THEM WHICH MAY RESULT IN A COLLISION. Needless to say, she had to wait 7 days to go back for her permit test.

Haaaaaaa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12