+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tired of being single ..

I had never kissed when I was 17 either and it never worried me. In fact, if you meet a nice, mature guy who is worthy of your time and kisses, it will be all the more special. So don't kiss for the sake of having kissed, or have a boyfriend just for the sake of having one.

no mature guy will ever be worthy of my kisses :p, but then again thats cause i'm a guy lookin for a girl

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    About your shyness, thats also completely normal. Your going thru an awkward time in your life. I've learned that with age, maturity, and experiences, the shyness melts away. Plus, thinking about how shy you are probably doesn't help the situation. Just be yourself and just try to relax more. Eventually some guy is bound to notice you for you, and it will all work itself out.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by enterprise View Post
    no mature guy will ever be worthy of my kisses :p, but then again thats cause i'm a guy lookin for a girl
    I don't know about you man, but I used to fantasize (not in the erotic sense) about what kissing would be like.

And then I finally got my first.

And it wasn't that great...

But then I tried again...and again...and again...

Then it became everything I'd day dreamed about plus some.

But for your own sanity, assume it's nothing special.

Why do shy people think that the magical prince is going to suddenly rescue you from a burning building or push you away from a bus and fall right into your lap?

Romantic movies and MTV is FICTION because that sort of shit doesn't happen in the Real World. You have to get out of your library every now and then and attempt to LIVE life. Instead of sitting at home complaining about how pitiful life is, get out there and DO things and meet people. Go to parties. Talk to absolute strangers.

Most people (who aren't absolutely hideous, fat, or smelly) are single because of what they themself are or are not doing. Not because of what the opposite sex is or isn't doing.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

i was really shy for a long for a long time. i had people that i'd casually talk to in some of my classes but i didn't really meet a lot of new people. senior year i ended up just saying **** it and started talking more. my shyness always stemmed from the fear of sounding like an ass, but i realized that that was stupid because i was in highschool and anything dumb i'd say would easily be out done within the next 5 minutes by someone else.

my point is, don't be afraid to speak your opinion sometimes. if you overhear someone mention something you're familiar with, don't be afraid to chime in. someone's bound to agree with you and if no one does, its still not that bad. and this may sound kinda foolish, but it worked for me. if you meet a guy that you like but don't know how to talk to him, just shut off your brain and walk over and say hi and make up some dumb excuse as to why you want to talk to him. ex. there was this girl i really liked in my english class but i had no way of starting a conversation. so one day when we had to do some group activity i just walked up to her and her group and said that i had no one to work with, mind if i joined in. it ended up working out fine because early on i made some joke and people realized i wasn't a weirdo so then bam! conversation starter by passed and i was talking with her. side note: humor is always a good way to come off as friendly and get people talking with you.

as far as the no boyfriend at 17 thing goes its probably a good thing. most highschool guys are assholes and your dating them would only end in bitter emotions. so really, don't worry about it.

also, smiling more does help a lot.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

If you are still in High school - its no wonder. Focus on your studies and get yourself to a place where people think like you. If you have never really, really connected with a guy - then take that as a sign to just keep looking. All the girls I knew in high school that were oh so cool because they had boyfriends all prostituted themselves at the age of 13 to guys ten years older.

And I know for a fact that that is not healthy either.

Quote Originally Posted by aishia View Post
    If you are still in High school - its no wonder. Focus on your studies and get yourself to a place where people think like you. If you have never really, really connected with a guy - then take that as a sign to just keep looking. All the girls I knew in high school that were oh so cool because they had boyfriends all prostituted themselves at the age of 13 to guys ten years older.

And I know for a fact that that is not healthy either.

O hate those kinda girls, lol. The one i like doesn't show anything, is nice, has a great personality, easy to talk to and shomer nageha which like i said before means no touching, kissing or anything like that so shes not a slut .

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by enterprise View Post
    O hate those kinda girls, lol. The one i like doesn't show anything, is nice, has a great personality, easy to talk to and shomer nageha which like i said before means no touching, kissing or anything like that so shes not a slut .
    Atah Yisraeli? Or Orthodox?
    Last edited by vashti; 29-08-06 at 11:46 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

ani loh me yistrael, ani loh col cah-ch orthodox aval ani yoter meh-conservative. aval ha yeldah sheani oi-hev he orthodox.

for those of you who can't read my English Hebrew or just don't know Hebrew that meant I'm not from Israel, I'm not that orthodox but I'm more than conservative. But the girl i love is orthodox.

Try being 37 and sick of being single

You have your whole life ahead of you to find someone. Don't rush it...

........and here's a bit of advice from the other side. I had a major boyfriend in high school. We dated for two years and he was really important to me. I felt like he understood me better than anyone else did, and I liked having the feeling that someone loved me.

High school romances, when not taken too seriously, can be great. Having a boyfriend doesn't necessarily mean jumping into the whold sex thing, either. (Although, I admit, I did have sex with mine.)

It's practice. It makes later, more important relationships easier. It's not wrong to want it.

Don't go for just anybody, though, Kamigirl. Hold out for somebody good. If you have to wait for a while, it'll be worth it.

Are you going to feel like you missed out on something important if you don't have a prom date?

cheer up girl, I'm 19, and held only one relationship that lasted less than 24 hours. No, it wasn't a one night stand, it was actually a relationship that got started one night, but aborted the next. Haha, don't feel so bad...

Don't think of yourself as wierd... many, many people don't have boyfriends/girlfriends at your age either.

Trust me, you will find someone when you're not looking for it... when you least expect it.
    I LOVE love poems:
    [url]http://www.links2love.com/poetry_poems.htm[/url]
    I also LOVE love quotes:
    [url]http://www.links2love.com/quotes.htm[/url]

Incredizible!

Kami--

Hey, I know how you feel about having a relationship with someone. You are probably a bit more mature than your classmates. Hold off--college can be a great experience if you meet someone nice.

My first girlfriend was in college. I was 17 and she was 21. In college, grade level doesn't matter as much, so you can date older people who might be at the same maturity level as yourself.

Hang in there! Enjoy yourself, but keep on studying. In the end, you'll be glad that you studied rather than wasting your time with some immature 17 year old guy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast